Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Question: If you put the 2014 Offense with the 2018 Defense does MSU win....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    I'll lay out a more simple scenario.

After Mullen leaves, we hire Leach. Gardner Minshew transfers here instead of WSU. We get a couple of grad transfer WRs. We add that with our #1 defense.
    That's totally different fantasy scenario - you have to stick to the topic.***
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Yes. Need to add Eric Moulds to the WR core and throw in Randy Thomas at guard.
    This isn't Penthouse Forum, you need to tone it down a notch.***
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Mullen had is issues w bama, yes, but he wasn't the tight one, that day. Dak was awful and Robinson trying to be a hero put us in the early mess.
    Which I put on Mullen. He coached tight in every game after we went to #1.It just bit us in the Bama game.

He has the same issue with Florida vs UGA...

vCash
    Some don?t want to hear it but if Mullen doesn?t leave we have a good shot at making the playoffs in 2018. That would have been a really solid ball control offense matched with the best defense in the country. That 2018 defense is underrated. They were #1 with an offense that probably averaged 4 plays per drive.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MoreCowbell View Post
    Some don?t want to hear it but if Mullen doesn?t leave we have a good shot at making the playoffs in 2018. That would have been a really solid ball control offense matched with the best defense in the country. That 2018 defense is underrated. They were #1 with an offense that probably averaged 4 plays per drive.
    This is true. I was at MSU for the 1999 season and I never thought I would see a defense better than that one in my lifetime. Then along came the 2018 defense. Simply unbelievable how good they were.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RLM38654 View Post
    A Natty?
    No, because we are Mississippi State and we would have found a way to screw the pooch ha.

In all seriousness, I think we would have an SEC title for sure and would have made the playoffs. I do think due to a lack of experience playing in games that mean that much we would have probably struggled in the playoff game/NC.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SheltonChoked View Post
    Which I put on Mullen. He coached tight in every game after we went to #1.It just bit us in the Bama game.

He has the same issue with Florida vs UGA...
    And in the case of us vs bama for every year he was here and the two Cocktail party's he's coached the team w less talent. Considerably less in most cases. That probably has a lot to do w it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    And in the case of us vs bama for every year he was here and the two Cocktail party's he's coached the team w less talent. Considerably less in most cases. That probably has a lot to do w it.
    Mullen is so predictable in big games though. And, if he gets down early, he's toast. I've gone to the last 2 Cocktail Parties, sat with my UGA friends and called Danny's offense right about 75% of the time. I'd probably do better, but we start drinking at 8:00 AM and I'm usually pretty drunk during the first half.
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Moorhead?s not winning more than 8 with any roster.

Quote Originally Posted by dantheman4248 View Post
    Depends on Coach / Year

Mullen - 2014: We beat Bama in T-Town. We win Egg Bowl. Win SECCG. Lose to anOSU in Playoffs.
    Moorhead - 2014: Lose to Aub. Lose in T-Town.
    Mullen - 2018, all 2018 roster: Lose in T-Town. 11-1. Would lose rematch / vs Clemson if given chance in playoffs.
    Mullen - 2018 mixed roster: 13-0. Lose rematch w/ Bama if they are there or to Clemson.
    Moorhead - 2018 mixed roster: 11-1. Lose in T-town. Would lose any playoff game.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    I'll lay out a more simple scenario.

After Mullen leaves, we hire Leach. Gardner Minshew transfers here instead of WSU. We get a couple of grad transfer WRs. We add that with our #1 defense.
    Damn. Could have been something. Fitz on the bench though? Tough move even for leach when the dude is knocking on an all time sec record.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    del
    Last edited by lastmajordog; 08-02-2020 at 05:33 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MoreCowbell View Post
    Or Leach with Minchew at QB.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shrimp View Post
    Moorhead?s not winning more than 8 with any roster.
    This. The guy was gifted a 10-win regular season team from Mullen and only won 8. That's his ceiling, period.
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22

vCash
    2018 defense, with a offense full of suck, was still easily one of the best we've ever seen. Will forever be the biggest waste in MSU history.

vCash
    All this thread has managed to do is reignite my hatred for Moorhead

vCash
    Moorhead was just a terrible hire from day 1. We got extremely lucky with Mullen not having head coaching experience and him being a good hire. Also Mullen won with Meyer and had good offenses and QBs everywhere he went. That doesn?t mean you go and hire another coordinator that only won because he was gifted Barkley. If the rumors are true Satterfield wanted our job and we picked Moorhead over him that was just a terrible decision by Cohen. Hopefully Leach performs and he can redeem himself for that horrendous hire.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    Damn. Could have been something. Fitz on the bench though? Tough move even for leach when the dude is knocking on an all time sec record.
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Or Leach with Minchew at QB.
    If Leach had been hired, I don't think Minshew comes. Minshew only wound up at WSU because of the death of Tyler Hilinski. Minshew was headed to Bama as a Grad Transfer. With the QB room we had in 2018, I don't see Leach bringing in Minshew.
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    I’ve been vocal about how Mullen blew 3 chances to beat Bama and at least 2 more wins over om......but what he did with Relf is still one of the greatest coaching jobs ever done.