Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Official: ACC to play 10+1

vCash

Official: ACC to play 10+1

Notre Dame will play full ACC schedule and be eligible for the ACC title.

https://www.al.com/sports/2020/07/ac...itle-game.html

I think this all but locks in the SEC doing the same for all the SEC East rivalry games.

vCash
    So, the +1 game has to be "in the home state of the team. Does NC State keep us on the schedule since it is a home game for them?
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    So, the +1 game has to be "in the home state of the team. Does NC State keep us on the schedule since it is a home game for them?
    I would say yes, unless the SEC also has the same rule.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    No, because as the ACC model shows the OOC game will be the last game of the year. I don't think we would we agree to move the egg bowl. And I don't think NC State wants to move Tobacco Road either.

Like I said I think we will do the same but the more I think about it the less I think the SEC will have the instate rule. If you do that who is left in much of the west. Arkansas finishing up with UAPB, no. Ole Miss or us would play Southern Miss maybe. But what is left after that for the other? LSU-Tulane would be fun for the history but a bad game to watch. And if the BiG12 goes conference games only what does that leave A&M with, A&M Commerce?

No way in hell Alabama would agree to play Troy or UAB, just in principal. So what there, South Alabama?

vCash
    There is no guarantee the egg bowl is last this year w all the moving and shaking.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    There is no guarantee the egg bowl is last this year w all the moving and shaking.
    You are right. But my reading between the lines from the ACC that OOC games must be instate says to me that the choice has been made to preserve those five instate OOC rivalry games, and those will be last according to their model schedule. I doubt they would do that unless they had already discussed it with the SEC. So when the SEC builds its new schedule those will be the first five put on there. After that the easiest thing to do is fill in that last week with the regular lineup.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobile Bay View Post
    No, because as the ACC model shows the OOC game will be the last game of the year. I don't think we would we agree to move the egg bowl. And I don't think NC State wants to move Tobacco Road either.

Like I said I think we will do the same but the more I think about it the less I think the SEC will have the instate rule. If you do that who is left in much of the west. Arkansas finishing up with UAPB, no. Ole Miss or us would play Southern Miss maybe. But what is left after that for the other? LSU-Tulane would be fun for the history but a bad game to watch. And if the BiG12 goes conference games only what does that leave A&M with, A&M Commerce?

No way in hell Alabama would agree to play Troy or UAB, just in principal. So what there, South Alabama?
    If you look at the model a little closer, you can tell that it doesn't show the OOC game is the last game of the year. For example, BC is in Clemson, Duke, Syracuse, Virginia, and VT's first column.

vCash
    Hope we pick up Vandy.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Not a fan at Ole Miss is probably excited.

vCash
    I don't know what the SEC will do- I do think this may make it more likely that we do a 10+1 like the ACC though.

I think we at least play the SEC schedule.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Hope we pick up Vandy.
    We very well could if we pick up our next two SEC East opponents which has been rumored as a possibility.

vCash
    Hope we pick up Vandy.
    I want another crack at Floriduh Man only this time without Joevester Moorcroom.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    We very well could if we pick up our next two SEC East opponents which has been rumored as a possibility.
    That means we also get Georgia, but the Tennessee fans get a crack at Lane. That's gonna be some hate right there.

vCash
    I want another crack at Floriduh Man only this time without Joevester Moorcroom.
    Also possible if they decide to pick up the 24-25 East opponents.

Picking up the current 2021-2022 opponents are what have been rumored the most however. Wherever we play Florida next it will be in Gainesville unless craziness happens and we both end up in Atlanta.

vCash
    That means we also get Georgia, but the Tennessee fans get a crack at Lane. That's gonna be some hate right there.
    Yep! Should be fun. Good news is we would get Georgia in Starkville and Vandy in Nashville.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Also possible if they decide to pick up the 24-25 East opponents.

Picking up the current 2021-2022 opponents are what have been rumored the most however. Wherever we play Florida next it will be in Gainesville unless craziness happens and we both end up in Atlanta.
    Crazy??

You do know who our coach is. He specializes in crazy.

And Big Game Dan in the big game. This is going to last more than four hours.

vCash
    Don't have that defense anymore though. Give me Vandy and South Carolina to go along with UK and Missouri.

vCash
    I'm excited about 10 or 11 interesting, meaningful games this year.

Senior Member Lumpy Chucklelips's Avatar
    vCash
    Don't have that defense anymore though. Give me Vandy and South Carolina to go along with UK and Missouri.
    I think people are sleeping on Ky this year. Going to be a tough out.

vCash
    I'm excited about 10 or 11 interesting, meaningful games this year.
    Yes this could actually be better than usual seasons. I hate the pushover games.