Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2020 Atlanta Braves (abbreviated) Season Thread

vCash
    Good comeback win.

vCash
    WOW. Down 8-2 and then 10-5 throughout the game, but the Braves come back to win 11-10.

vCash
    Need to find a couple starters and a 3b step up. Not too worried about Acuna... he'll get going soon. Will Smith is gonna make this pen very good.

ETA... maybe touki will step up tomorrow

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Need to find a couple starters and a 3b step up. Not too worried about Acuna... he'll get going soon. Will Smith is gonna make this pen very good.

ETA... maybe touki will step up tomorrow
    A pen of Smith, Melancon, Greene, Martin, Jackson, Minter, and O'Day is probably one of if not the best in baseball. I think 3B will work itself out. It's a shame Camargo hits better from the right side though bc a platoon of him vs. RHP and Riley vs. LHP would be nice.

I am worried about SP though. I think you just rotate through the young guys with baptism by fire and hope a couple step up. I don't think this is the year to make any trades unless you get someone on a multi year deal.
    Last edited by KOdawg1; 07-31-2020 at 10:01 PM.

vCash
    If the newcomb, touki, and Wright struggles continue, could see Ian Anderson or maybe even josh tomlin. I'd love to see Anderson if for no other reason that to see enscheff's pitch analysis on him. And yeah, I wouldn't trade this year.

vCash
    Newcomb needs to hang out with Fried and copy everything he does. Braves are scrappy and I love that absolutely no quit in them. Another good win.

vCash
    5 game winning streak. Not bad considering half your rotation can't get past the 4th inning. It also helps when you play the Mets for 7 of your first 11 games. Y'all see where Cespedes just decided he was done and didn't tell anybody? What a joke of a franchise.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    5 game winning streak. Not bad considering half your rotation can't get past the 4th inning. It also helps when you play the Mets for 7 of your first 11 games. Y'all see where Cespedes just decided he was done and didn't tell anybody? What a joke of a franchise.
    No doubt...I hate to speculate without knowing his personal situation but if I was a betting man I’d say some of these guys don’t like the constant regulations, and if combined with poor performance the weak minded are being weeded out. (I could be completely wrong and he has a serious reason for not continuing, although not communicating with the team makes me doubt this)

vCash
    Well Sorokas done dang it!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Well Sorokas done dang it!
    Yep. That's a season-ender. Braves have no reliable starting pitching.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MaroonFlounder View Post
    Yep. That's a season-ender. Braves have no reliable starting pitching.
    Yeah they were starting to get on a little roll as a team but him and fried were the only reliable starters and now Sorokas gone. Just dang!

vCash
    I've torn my ankle up twice on the baseball field and i winced when I saw him go down. Been there done that!

vCash
    We gonna see Ian Anderson?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    We gonna see Ian Anderson?
    Might as well give him a shot.

vCash
    I'm beginning to think it was a mistake starting the season. So many pitching injuries league wide (Astros are decimated). So many cancelled games. Should have just called it a year and started training for 2021.

Baseball players are all about routine - and that routine was shot. Shows in injuries and things like Christian Yelich batting .031

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    I'm beginning to think it was a mistake starting the season. So many pitching injuries league wide (Astros are decimated). So many cancelled games. Should have just called it a year and started training for 2021.

Baseball players are all about routine - and that routine was shot. Shows in injuries and things like Christian Yelich batting .031
    2020 has been a butt ugly year all
    The way around! I'm burning the heck out of this years calendar on 12/31 and hoping 2021 is better!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    2020 has been a butt ugly year all
    The way around! I'm burning the heck out of this years calendar on 12/31 and hoping 2021 is better!
    I been doing my part - giving Jobu lots of rum and cigars, but nothing seems to be working to take the stink off 2020.

vCash
    I hate this year

vCash
    Saw this on braves board...

"I looked up Zach Britton because he?s the only one I could remember who had it. Looks like he ruptured it while running in December 2017 and returned June 2018."

if Britton (an older guy) can recover in 7 months, soroka should be able to be back around ST next year. Hopefully this isn't a ruptured achillies though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    I been doing my part - giving Jobu lots of rum and cigars, but nothing seems to be working to take the stink off 2020.
    Yeah I'm afraid nothings gonna work for this year. You tried sacrificing a live chicken yet though?****