Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 2020 Atlanta Braves (abbreviated) Season Thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    That Markakis walk off was a nice welcome back last night!
    It was awesome. Think I liked the touki performance even better. We really need touki, newcomb, and Wright.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    It was awesome. Think I liked the touki performance even better. We really need touki, newcomb, and Wright.
    Touki looked great. If he continues to mix his pitches like that he'll do great. He definitely has the talent just has to stay consistent.

vCash
    Hey MState. Bumped this for ya, but here is my question. If this were a reg season, how long do you let Austin stay in Atlanta hitting .175?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TNDawg35 View Post
    Hey MState. Bumped this for ya, but here is my question. If this were a reg season, how long do you let Austin stay in Atlanta hitting .175?
    I would let him keep playing pretty regular unless Camargo got going or a player became available.

vCash
    Yankees are exposing our pitching big time

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    Shit, Yankees smash at home period. It doesn’t matter who is pitching against them. What they are doing to Clint Frazier is crazy tho. That man needs to be put in Stantons place and I would trade Stanton for another big pitcher. I can’t stand his injured ass...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    Well this years pitching will be auditioning for next year. Losing Albies and Acuna to injury is going to hurt bad. We don't have a 1-2 combination now and that lack of production will affect the rest of the lineup,

vCash
    Pache up

Banned
    vCash
    Well now most of the pitching that AA has continued to hold on to has shown that they cant throw strikes and their trade stock is dying. Better hit the free agent market hard this offseason. Obviously no re-signing of Hamels or Ozuna, so its back to finding another corner outfielder and couple of starting pitchers and most likely a 3rd sacker

vCash
    We could see Ian Anderson soon

vCash
    Ian Anderson debuts tonight vs cole and the Yankees. Good luck kid

Acuna back up

vCash
    Ian Anderson debuts tonight vs cole and the Yankees. Good luck kid

Acuna back up
    Excited to watch this one tonight.

vCash
    Ian Anderson was outstanding. I know he won't be that great every start, but he looks promising. If he can lock down that #3 starter, this rotation all-the-sudden looks entirely different next season with soroka, fried, and Anderson... sign a veteran inning eater, and hopefully one of the up-down crew (folty, newcomb, Wright, touki, and Wilson) takes that 5th starter.

Half way home, and the braves are in 1st place with only 1 team left on the schedule with a winning record, marlins. Braves finish 6-5 vs Yankees, rays, and jays, impressive.

vCash
    Ian Anderson was outstanding. I know he won't be that great every start, but he looks promising. If he can lock down that #3 starter, this rotation all-the-sudden looks entirely different next season with soroka, fried, and Anderson... sign a veteran inning eater, and hopefully one of the up-down crew (folty, newcomb, Wright, touki, and Wilson) takes that 5th starter.

Half way home, and the braves are in 1st place with only 1 team left on the schedule with a winning record, marlins. Braves finish 6-5 vs Yankees, rays, and jays, impressive.
    Agreed. Anderson has command and that's a big difference in the other young arms we've run out there. That change up of his is devastating and a great pitch to get lefties out and he used effectively against righties too. This team is scrappy and fights and they're never out of any game. Great bullpen, score a lot of late inning runs and can rip fastballs. To bad soroka went down. Soroka Fried and Anderson would be tough in a playoff format but the future looks bright.