Thread: Final Season of Last Chance U just dropped

vCash

Final Season of Last Chance U just dropped

this season is Laney College out of Oakland...

gonna start it tonight.

vCash
    I selfishly liked it better when it they were at Scooba.

Regardless of where it's been at, the year they returned to a school for the second year was not nearly as interesting as the first. Coaches and players started acting for the camera and it just felt fake. Hopefully with it being the one and only year at this college, it'll be a good season.

vCash
    I found it kind of meh. There was a lot less drama to those kids though than previous seasons. They did have their fair share of drama queens or as one of the teachers says "PP" LOL

vCash
    None of the seasons will ever match the seasons at Scooba. First off it was like something we'd never seen before and secondly you could clearly see the talent that EMCC was able to put on the field. The later seasons were just trying to match EMCC with not nearly as much talent and I'm not really sure what this current season is trying to accomplish. It was ok, not great but not as much of a s***show as last season at Indy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    None of the seasons will ever match the seasons at Scooba. First off it was like something we'd never seen before and secondly you could clearly see the talent that EMCC was able to put on the field. The later seasons were just trying to match EMCC with not nearly as much talent and I'm not really sure what this current season is trying to accomplish. It was ok, not great but not as much of a s***show as last season at Indy.
    I disagree... entirely different type of shitshow. no scholarships. no dorms. players having to commute two hours due to not being able to live in the city they go to school in.
    A coach ho really cares about his players as a person instead of a number.

It's not last chance because they are mainly washouts from other colleges due to trouble, it's last chance because if they dont get a chance to move on (which most don't) they get some education and can be productive in life instead of stuck flipping wings at wing stop or being an enforcer at walmart....

I wish the Cali league would play the rest of the system though. No way they can call themselves National Champions without playing the other system.. but i guess the same could be said of scooba and whoever since there are only 54 footballs teams in the NJCAA vs 66 in the CCCAA.

Basketball might be interesting.. will have to wait and see in a couple of years.

vCash
    I haven’t cared too much about this season. I feel bad for the kid who is #4. He has had it rough and has given it his all seems like.

Now the DB who got hurt, he is pathetic. All he does is run his mouth about how good he is and this and that, yet gets burnt every game he played.

The coach seems like a good guy. Several assistants said he has gotten soft, but you can yell he will still rip your ass.

The big Samoan guy, I have mixed feelings. Sometimes I see his wife saying they struggle so much, and then he is having a good Ole time playing football and not giving two shits about school. That’s when it hits me that he needs to grow the 17 up and support his family. Then, you get to thinking and it seems he thinks the way he can support his family is to finish school and get a degree, but he won’t do the school work...

The white WR looks to be explosive but small. Like too small for D1. He seems to have a very weird home life.

Something I took through it all is they all seem to think they are all D1 athletes, but very few look to be.