Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Has UM at any point at any time been as low as 91st in recruiting?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Santiago View Post
    I think Ole Miss hired Orgeron from Pete Carroll, because Ed O became interim USC coach after Kiffin fired at USC( at the airport)....but check me on that.

Doing the 3 degrees of Bacon sort of..... Ole Miss now has as head coach the guy that USC fired on the tarmac during the season, but Ole Miss fired their coach O who actually took over for Kiffin that season.
    Good times Ole Miss. Good times coming indeed.
    You are correct. Kiffin took O to USC when he jilted Rocky Top. O was interim at USC after the Tarmac firing, and the players loved him. He went 6-1 in conference play and saved their season in '13.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ruckus View Post
    There is absolutely nothing wrong with tire flipping and light pole carrying.
    That was tongue in cheek when I said he killed him, although I was serious that it might hurt him on the recruiting trail.

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    I am not happy about the numbers in our class or the 41st ranking but for a school that really takes pride in recruiting they are not doing very well.
    Recruiting rankings in July(especially during Covid19) Don't hold any weight with me at all. At the end of day we will be around 25-35 and so will they.
    No Signature

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg-gone-dawgs View Post
    Recruiting rankings in July(especially during Covid19) Don't hold any weight with me at all. At the end of day we will be around 25-35 and so will they.
    Exactly, that is where I expect us both to land per the usual unless they are cheating

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PGHBulldogBG View Post
    Exactly, that is where I expect us both to land per the usual unless they are cheating
    What do you mean, unless they are cheating?? Of course they are....

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    What do you mean, unless they are cheating?? Of course they are....
    So if they finish say 19th and we finish 35th...they're cheating, if we finish 19th and they finish 35th all is right in the world?

This was OM cheating: https://247sports.com/college/ole-mi...tball/Commits/
    No Signature

vCash
    So if they finish say 19th and we finish 35th...they're cheating, if we finish 19th and they finish 35th all is right in the world?

Wow, there were a lot of way overrated recruits in that list. And a few underrated. A reranking of that class wouldn't be Top 20.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MedDawg View Post
    Wow, there were a lot of way overrated recruits in that list. And a few underrated. A reranking of that class wouldn't be Top 20.
    Buchanan being a 4 star and Cord Sandberg being a 3 star was the biggest joke ever.
    "We will have no problem in handling Kentucky."-Turfdawg67. MSU suffered a 27-17 defeat in 2022 with 225 yards in total offense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    I suppose the point was doing that in July. I think it happend at Maryland, but the University of Maryland (located inside the Beltway), is just as hot and humid as Mississippi is in July.

In fact, the average temp for July this year at Washington/National has been 84.0 with 25 of 28 days above 90. In Huntsville, the average has been 81.2 (a degree or so above normal). Huntsville should be pretty near the average for most of north Mississippi.
    Dude i flip tires in July and carry implements that amount to a log and I'm in my 50's.

There are other factors when someone dies during sport workouts. It's extremely rare. Now, if they didn't allow hydration, that's another factor. Tomorrow some military selection programs will use log carries, tire flips, implement carries, etc. in much tougher conditions and with much less rest/food than college football programs. Trainees rarely die from physical exertion, as in not many over a 10 year time period. I can't think of any off the top of my head.

vCash

No, what i mean is they always have and always will cheat. Just a fact.

vCash
    If signing day was in Feb I would agree but it's in December. By this time you should be in top 50 if you are going to end up being top 30. I don't think Kiffin got it. It's going to take the Network to get them to top 30. As said Miss is high school is down this season. I will be surprised if we finish top 30. The needle is not moving at all at this point and it should be.

vCash
    This board badly needs some live sports to discuss

vCash
    No one is going to mention AJ Brown?s comments on Barstool saying he got a bag of cash before signing day?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by C222 View Post
    No one is going to mention AJ Brown?s comments on Barstool saying he got a bag of cash before signing day?
    I bet nothing comes of it because Ole Miss sucked when he was there. Beat Alabama a couple of times and- then it would be different.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I think a lot of his reputation is because Coach O was on his staff. C-USA recruiting rankings are pretty hit or miss and probably fairly inaccurate because the vast majority of those players are all going to be three stars or worse.

If he keeps recruiting like this his ass will be gone before Arch Manning's class comes up.
    Serious question, don’t you think OM will bring in a "special" Coach for new Manning like they did for Eli? Any thoughts or rumblings heard? I'm sure the network is already making plans.
    Last edited by lastmajordog; 08-02-2020 at 05:51 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lastmajordog View Post
    Serious question, don’t you think OM will bring in a "special" Coach for new Manning like they did for Eli? Any thoughts or rumblings heard? I'm sure the network is already making plans.
    Absolutely. But I don't know who their David Cutcliffe would be at this point. Part of the hope of hiring Kiffin I'm sure was that he could recruit well enough to bring in a good cast around Manning. We'll see how that goes.

vCash
    Anybody got some video of this

vCash
    Post it