Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Malik Nabors in the house!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobile Bay View Post
    I agree. His best year at Texas Tech (2008) he gave up 24 to FCS East Washington, 28 to K state, 28 to Baylor, and 47 to Ole Miss. Hell, 14 to UMass.

His best year at Washington State, 2018, he gave up 24 to East Washington, 39 to USC, 37 to Oregon State, 28 to Stanford, 28 to Arizona.

Giving up more TDs in some of those games than our defense gave up in all of 2018.

He was also recruiting to Washington State and Texas Tech. It's a lot harder to scheme around a lack of athleticism on defense than it is on offense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    He was also recruiting to Washington State and Texas Tech. It's a lot harder to scheme around a lack of athleticism on defense than it is on offense.
    I'm curious how many 4 stars total Mike recruited prior to coming here....

Obviously it's relative, considering the strength of the conference, but it's been demonstrated we can compete on the big stage by recruiting "in our lane", as it is, in the SEC. And that's with Dan/country club whiffing on a number of guys. Good coaching is good coaching.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    Still waiting for the Kiffin to ?mop the floor? with Leach in recruiting like most of the expert honks said...

Great pick up... Welcome to the Fam MN....
    Thank You! Rep given!
    Praise The Lord and Go Dawgs!!!

vCash
    I agree. His best year at Texas Tech (2008) he gave up 24 to FCS East Washington, 28 to K state, 28 to Baylor, and 47 to Ole Miss. Hell, 14 to UMass.

His best year at Washington State, 2018, he gave up 24 to East Washington, 39 to USC, 37 to Oregon State, 28 to Stanford, 28 to Arizona.

Giving up more TDs in some of those games than our defense gave up in all of 2018.
    Yeah and you would take either one of those years in a heartbeat for 2020. Some of yall are just looking for the negative.

vCash
    How many of those points were short fields after a turnover? How many of those points were defensive or special teams touchdowns? There is context. Leach is the best coach we have ever hired. Ever. We could not have hired anything better than a proven winner at every stop. I do not care if we give up 50 as long as we score 51 and I am a defensive player and coach. I hate offenses but sign me up for a bad defensive win every time over a loss

vCash
    Um, I don't know if you know this, Leach doesn't believe in defense. Like seriously, he doesn't.
    Hahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!

vCash

Watch what he does here in the SEC. He was in the most talent void areas of the country. Especially for defense. People are going to be surprised. He?s me of the best coaches in the country. He won?t ignore defense.

vCash
    Awesome! Hail State!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    How many of those points were short fields after a turnover? How many of those points were defensive or special teams touchdowns? There is context. Leach is the best coach we have ever hired. Ever. We could not have hired anything better than a proven winner at every stop. I do not care if we give up 50 as long as we score 51 and I am a defensive player and coach. I hate offenses but sign me up for a bad defensive win every time over a loss
    Same here. I’ll take it. Imma RTDF type of guy. 10-7 wins is me but I’ll take 51-50 any day. Just win baby!!!