Thread: Any of you slackers like Podcasts...

vCash

Any of you slackers like Podcasts...

you need to listen to ?Small Town Murder? and ?Crime in Sports? both hosted by comedians James Pietragallo & Jimmie Whisman. Freaking hilarious!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Thick View Post
    you need to listen to ?Small Town Murder? and ?Crime in Sports? both hosted by comedians James Pietragallo & Jimmie Whisman. Freaking hilarious!!!
    Thanks. I'll check em out.

vCash
    Holy moly, the episodes are 2 1/2 hours! I'll check it out, but I'm more of a 45 minute man (45 seconds in the sack).

vCash
    The first episodes are an hour long.

vCash
    I listen to a number. I tend to like limit series and not more weekly things
    S -Town is a must
    The Bitter Southerner
    Infamous America - some of their series have been better than others, but their series on the Black Sox was excellent
    This Land - covered the Supreme Court case that just gave the Creeks their reservation back
    Atlanta Monster - as a kid growing up during the Atl Child Murders, this brought back some things I had forgotten - and its mostly WSB news coverage, which was always top notch.
    Inside Skunk Works - great, if you are into aerospace
    Out of Leftfield - with no games this spring, the interviews they did with former players and coaches were terrific.
    Wind of Change - Did the CIA write the Scorpions hit?
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Had someone yesterday tell me how good S-Town was. They also suggested Serial. I'll look into both this week. I'm half way through Missing in Alaska and it's worth a listen. I tried listening to the 1st episode of Small Town Murder - Quadruple Homicide in Sarah, Mississippi. Got really tired and pissed as the hosts spent 15-20 minutes setting the background of the story and dogging Mississippi.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by InTheIttaBenaHotSun View Post
    Had someone yesterday tell me how good S-Town was. They also suggested Serial. I'll look into both this week. I'm half way through Missing in Alaska and it's worth a listen. I tried listening to the 1st episode of Small Town Murder - Quadruple Homicide in Sarah, Mississippi. Got really tired and pissed as the hosts spent 15-20 minutes setting the background of the story and dogging Mississippi.
    They set the background up about the town in the first 15-20 minutes of every show. They make fun of ALL of the towns. It?s not a MS thing, but come on Sarah?s socioeconomic statistics are pretty funny/pathetic.

vCash
    The Winona Furniture Murders was handled in a similar way, a lot of dogging on the 'Sip
    Last edited by viverlibre; 07-29-2020 at 09:25 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by InTheIttaBenaHotSun View Post
    First season of Serial is great. It was unique at the time, and set a standard for an investigative podcast. The second season on Bowe Bergdhal wasn't as good, and I lost interest. The third season was about inequities in the justice system - I can summarize it by saying, "if you're poor, you're screwed" - which I don't think comes as a shock to anyone.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Crime in Sports did an episode on our very own Marcus Bullard.

vCash
    For a sports podcast, Steve Czaben is good. He has Clay Travis views, but without the self adulation and beating of dead horses.

vCash
    I do a few that are my regulars

Unnecessary Roughness
    Stuff you missed in History Class
    Stuff you should know
    I even do a Thunder and Lightning once in a while

I could use some comedy though.. i will check em out.

i do a good bit of driving a listen to podcasts when I drive.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by viverlibre View Post
    The Winona Furniture Murders was handled in a similar way, a lot of dogging on the 'Sip
    Yep. I stopped after the second episode. Not only was it overly predictable (rural Mississippi - cue the slide guitar), there was little to no attempt to understand the humanity of all of the individuals, only those the producers understood to be victims. The others were presented as the same old tired, two dimensional stereotype/Hollywood trope - racists and little else, as opposed to actual human beings with their own feelings, motivations, pain, fears, and joys.

Indirectly related, one of the reasons the Sopranos was so successful is because it was one of the first times a "villain" was portrayed as an actual relatable human being on television. Tony was a bad mofo who did some heinous things, but that was only part of who he was. He also liked children's cereal, passed out drunk singing The Camel Walk, and played Mario Kart with his son.
    Last edited by DeltaChicagoDog; 07-29-2020 at 12:42 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hot Rock View Post
    I do a few that are my regulars

Unnecessary Roughness
    Stuff you missed in History Class
    Stuff you should know
    I even do a Thunder and Lightning once in a while

I could use some comedy though.. i will check em out.

i do a good bit of driving a listen to podcasts when I drive.
    BFW is great on Unnecessary Roughness. The way to plays off Kaycee is masterful.

was living way out West, but now back in the blessed state of Mississippi
    vCash
    Dark Secret Place. Hosted by Bryan Suits. Great informative podcast (comes out each Sunday). B had extensive career in Army, and talks about all things geo-political across the globe and in the US, especially as it pertains to military actions - both past and present. He's a real "right down the middle" guy, so he pulls no punches against anybody or issue.