Thread: JPS sports

Senior Member William Tecumsah Sherman's Avatar
    vCash

JPS sports

Conflicting reports out there that JPS has cancelled fall sports. Any of you high school coaches heard anything? Transfers are about to plenty of true. Deion Smith for one...

vCash
    Appears to be true based on what I'm seeing reported.

vCash
    Prep, JA, MRA gonna be tough this year....

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass Chaser View Post
    Appears to be true based on what I'm seeing reported.
    Wow. Covid sucks.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Not so fast... apparently JPS was a little premature in the decision.

Senior Member William Tecumsah Sherman's Avatar
    vCash
    A statement from JPS now says a final decision has NOT been made regarding fall sports.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    Prep, JA, MRA gonna be tough this year....
    Probably more MRA. JA and Prep will maintain thier academic standards. If not those parents who are paying 15K per child per year will be very pissed off and some administrators will be fired.

vCash
    Private schools will be selective about who they take. They don't really have the space or capacity for a major influx on short notice. Would be a disaster.

I bet some kids don't play their Sr seasons if they're already signed. If your kid had an offer to play college football, would you let him play a spring football season, miss his last year of his spring sport (e.g., baseball), and risk injury that close to his first college season starting? I don't think I would. Not sure I could stop mine from playing, but I'd vote no! I wonder how many guys we'll see opt out if they push it to spring.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    Private schools will be selective about who they take. They don't really have the space or capacity for a major influx on short notice. Would be a disaster.

I bet some kids don't play their Sr seasons if they're already signed. If your kid had an offer to play college football, would you let him play a spring football season, miss his last year of his spring sport (e.g., baseball), and risk injury that close to his first college season starting? I don't think I would. Not sure I could stop mine from playing, but I'd vote no! I wonder how many guys we'll see opt out if they push it to spring.
    Jackson Prep and MRA have plenty of space for a five star wide receiver.