Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: CNN going after racist Ole Miss name.

vCash
    The following things can be true at the same time:

(1) The phrase "Ole Miss" has a terrible, racist past and the people associated with that school should be completely ashamed of it. And CNN is right to point this out.

(2) Everybody laugh at those racist inbreds in Oxford. Humanity is moving forward, and it's gonna leave Ole Miss in the dust.

vCash
    I'm not sure, other than scholarships and such, why young men and women of color enroll at u of m.

vCash
    It’s finally happening. Glorious

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MaroonFlounder View Post
    I'm not sure, other than scholarships and such, why young men and women of color enroll at u of m.
    It’s called slavery

vCash
    Double post

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobaDawg View Post
    Excuse me.....you are wrong in who was the source and post about it first.
    Who I thought it was 34. I must have misremembered.

Our Pretentious Preacher preachermatt83's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastMan View Post
    Who I thought it was 34. I must have misremembered.
    You aren’t wrong. Scooba just has a really weird obsession with making sure no one likes C34. Coach lives more rent free in Scooba’s head that he does Ole Miss’s.
    Romans 5:8

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    Coach lives more rent free in Scooba’s head
    Where do you live, 'doe?**

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    You aren’t wrong. Scooba just has a really weird obsession with making sure no one likes C34. Coach lives more rent free in Scooba’s head that he does Ole Miss’s.
    And you only come on here to try and discredit me, and take up for your true savior..once again you are wrong. Ask him where he got the original source. 34 wouldn't know what the heck the waybackmachine is..
    Thanks for checking in on me though..

vCash
    It's going to be interesting to see what happens at Ole Miss. At some point they'll have to give up the name I'm sure and then they'll be something ridiculous like the Sharks.

I would be a little worried though if I were them because most of their fans fall into one of two categories:

1. Stuck up. These people will be Ole Miss fans no matter what.

2. Rednecks who like the Confederate stuff. If Ole Miss keeps sucking in football I wouldn't be surprised if they end up losing a lot of this fan segment. They'll probably lose some fans to Alabama, LSU, and maybe even us if we keep doing well. If that happens their football attendance could get even worse. They're in danger of becoming Vanderbilt without the prestige with all of the fans that they have from other states.

vCash
    Where the hell does CNN get off calling them the Flagship school and who the hell gave them that designation? The only thing they can lay credit to is the first school.
    Praise The Lord and Go Dawgs!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msbulldog View Post
    Where the hell does CNN get off calling them the Flagship school and who the hell gave them that designation? The only thing they can lay credit to is the first school.
    I've never seen a school fan base so preoccupied with their image as Mississippi fans. To call themselves "The Flagship" is disingenuous at best. The courts have said that there are 3 flagship universities within the state. Those are MSU, Southern Miss, and Mississippi.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/supremecourt/text/505/717

From line 31:

"We next address Mississippi's scheme of institutional mission classification, and whether it perpetuates the State's formerly de jure dual system. The District Court found that, throughout the period of de jure segregation, University of Mississippi, Mississippi State University, and University of Southern Mississippi were the flagship institutions in the state system."

So whenever a Mississippi fan says they are "The Flagship" you can just laugh and tell them that MSU is too according to the Supreme Court of the United States.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MSUDAWGFAN View Post
    I've never seen a school fan base so preoccupied with their image as Mississippi fans. To call themselves "The Flagship" is disingenuous at best. The courts have said that there are 3 flagship universities within the state. Those are MSU, Southern Miss, and Mississippi.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/supremecourt/text/505/717

From line 31:

"We next address Mississippi's scheme of institutional mission classification, and whether it perpetuates the State's formerly de jure dual system. The District Court found that, throughout the period of de jure segregation, University of Mississippi, Mississippi State University, and University of Southern Mississippi were the flagship institutions in the state system."

So whenever a Mississippi fan says they are "The Flagship" you can just laugh and tell them that MSU is too according to the Supreme Court of the United States.

Who honestly cares if they call themselves the flagship? To pretend like anyone outside of our two fanbases GAF is a waste of time. I just don't get why this is ever a talking point by our fans.

Would you feel better if MSU could claim that? It means absolutely nothing to anyone.

The fact that the topic was even touched on in the Supreme Court was a waste of time and tax payers money.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    It's going to be interesting to see what happens at Ole Miss. At some point they'll have to give up the name I'm sure and then they'll be something ridiculous like the Sharks.

I would be a little worried though if I were them because most of their fans fall into one of two categories:

1. Stuck up. These people will be Ole Miss fans no matter what.

2. Rednecks who like the Confederate stuff. If Ole Miss keeps sucking in football I wouldn't be surprised if they end up losing a lot of this fan segment. They'll probably lose some fans to Alabama, LSU, and maybe even us if we keep doing well. If that happens their football attendance could get even worse. They're in danger of becoming Vanderbilt without the prestige with all of the fans that they have from other states.
    3. Out of State Students who couldn't get into UGA/Texas/LSU, whose parents say things like "I love the smaller, Old South Feel, it's like Athens was in the 1950s and early 1960s". Those same kids are back home 12 to 18 month later, enrolling in the local 3rd tier school due to "the stress of being away from home" (better known to us as cocaine and Wild Turkey) and looking to transfer to UGA/Texas/LSU after a semester or 3.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Haven't known CNN to be untruthful? Really? Just saw one example in the news recently. Nicholas Sandmann (the kid demonized by the liberal media for "allegedly" getting in the face of a native American at the Lincoln Memorial) just settled a $250MM lawsuit with the Washington Post. Up next, you guessed it, CNN. They will have to pay out big time as well because they absolutely lied and they know it. I could count many more but that's just the most recent example I thought about.

Edited: Apparently CNN has already settled for an "undisclosed amount" but the point remains the same...…...There are six more suits pending, including ABC, NBC and CBS as well...…...He's 18 with millions......
    Last edited by Saltydog; 07-28-2020 at 08:31 AM.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StateDawg44 View Post
    Who honestly cares if they call themselves the flagship? To pretend like anyone outside of our two fanbases GAF is a waste of time. I just don't get why this is ever a talking point by our fans.

Would you feel better if MSU could claim that? It means absolutely nothing to anyone.

The fact that the topic was even touched on in the Supreme Court was a waste of time and tax payers money.
    Honestly, I don't GAF either. I just think them saying that is trying to pump themselves up like the pretentious douches they are.

Would you feel better if MSU could claim that? My point was that we can. We just never do. Because like you said, noone cares.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StateDawg44 View Post

Well there are other things I would like to see them called.
    Praise The Lord and Go Dawgs!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCDawg View Post
    Along with MSNBC and just about all of the MSM.
    Yep. NBC news the other night was just one long political commercial on one side. Regardless of your politics, just report the news. Tired of the propaganda and manipulation.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    Yep. NBC news the other night was just one long political commercial on one side. Regardless of your politics, just report the news. Tired of the propaganda and manipulation.
    you have to go to the BBC if you want unbiased news
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    3. Out of State Students who couldn't get into UGA/Texas/LSU, whose parents say things like "I love the smaller, Old South Feel, it's like Athens was in the 1950s and early 1960s". Those same kids are back home 12 to 18 month later, enrolling in the local 3rd tier school due to "the stress of being away from home" (better known to us as cocaine and Wild Turkey) and looking to transfer to UGA/Texas/LSU after a semester or 3.
    UT is very hard to get into for a straight out of high school student. TAMU also has high standards, both of these schools have defined benchmarks a student needs to achieve, like ACT/SAT scores and GPA. UGA, on the other hand, is a little easier to get into, but doesn't rely on set benchmarks as much, volunteer work/extracurricular activities of prospective students, etc., plays a significant role.