Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Mlb was fun for a minute

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    cancelled game b/c of 1 positive test? That doesn't seem like a strategy that's going to work.
    Reported that 4 people within the Cardinals tested positive.

Current impact of positive tests:

Phillies & Marlins - 7 games postponed; Yankees & Orioles - 4 games postponed; Blue Jays & Nationals - 3 games postponed; and now Cardinals & Brewers - 1 game postponed.

They need to figure this out and soon. You keep piling on the postponements and ultimately there won't be a season.

Lastly - if you haven't already done so - PLEASE stop following Wolken on Twitter. That guy is insufferable and your life will be better without his input.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dantheman4248 View Post
    How did you say those two statements back to back when you are so clearly only negative about media. It's absolutely stupid to think the sports media wants sports cancelled. That's their livelihood. Man get a grip... you want so badly the media to be the villain here when most of them just report the news. Sorry there are turds that report incorrectly. There's a reason why they don't make it higher in the biz.
    Man, I rarely agree with you, but I can usually see where and why you hold the opinions that you do. This one though... The media on both sides aren't that great and I have seen you dog Fox News for poor or "fake" reporting. Do you think it is solely a Fox news thing? Ha.

It does seem as though a lot of the media doesn't want sports to happen for some reason. 99% of the guys playing sports have a better chance of dying on the way to the ball park/field or even being struck by lightening during a rain delay before dying from COVID. There is no reason to have an alarmist attitude when it comes to professional athletes playing in an empty stadium.

It also isn't a stretch to say that some that report in the media will stretch the truth intentionally. So yes, it could be a simple mistake that the reporter made but it also could be a stretch of the truth as well, we don't know.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Cardinals brewers canceled today due to positive covid. I don't see how the season can continue with all the cancellations
    As long as they can play Saturday and Sunday with the double header Sunday then they?ll be right back on track. The fact that the teams play each other multiple times and now the 7 inning double header rule I think it can be done. But they needa have faster testing it appears.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutter Cobreh View Post
    Reported that 4 people within the Cardinals tested positive.

Current impact of positive tests:

Phillies & Marlins - 7 games postponed; Yankees & Orioles - 4 games postponed; Blue Jays & Nationals - 3 games postponed; and now Cardinals & Brewers - 1 game postponed.

They need to figure this out and soon. You keep piling on the postponements and ultimately there won't be a season.

Lastly - if you haven't already done so - PLEASE stop following Wolken on Twitter. That guy is insufferable and your life will be better without his input.
    again, baseball won't finish and college football can't happen either w the way everyone is doing quarantines. Most if not all, of the MLB positives are from asymptomatic players. Same thing is going to happen w CFB. we might, might play a game or two. but no chance we play 10. But it won't be any different next year. May have a vaccine, but people will still get it.

vCash
    Sources: MLB commissioner warns of shutdown if coronavirus isn't better managed

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...ng-coronavirus

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BB30 View Post
    Man, I rarely agree with you, but I can usually see where and why you hold the opinions that you do. This one though... The media on both sides aren't that great and I have seen you dog Fox News for poor or "fake" reporting. Do you think it is solely a Fox news thing? Ha.

It does seem as though a lot of the media doesn't want sports to happen for some reason. 99% of the guys playing sports have a better chance of dying on the way to the ball park/field or even being struck by lightening during a rain delay before dying from COVID. There is no reason to have an alarmist attitude when it comes to professional athletes playing in an empty stadium.

It also isn't a stretch to say that some that report in the media will stretch the truth intentionally. So yes, it could be a simple mistake that the reporter made but it also could be a stretch of the truth as well, we don't know.
    I should have been clearer that I was talking solely about sports media.

Sports media actively rooting against sports makes no sense. News media actively rooting against news follows the same logic though and explains a lot, sadly. CNN is bleh, Fox News is bad, and there are plenty worse (on both sides.)

But I meant to talk sports media there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dantheman4248 View Post
    I should have been clearer that I was talking solely about sports media.

Sports media actively rooting against sports makes no sense. News media actively rooting against news follows the same logic though and explains a lot, sadly. CNN is bleh, Fox News is bad, and there are plenty worse (on both sides.)

But I meant to talk sports media there.
    To me it’s not that the sports media is rooting for no sports, it’s that so many of them are being smug a-holes and rushing to say “SEE I TOLD YOU! LOOK AT ME I WAS RIGHT ALL ALONG!” when something bad happens that is COVID related. And it often seems like people who are optimistic get mocked for it.

Maybe we can have football soon, maybe we can’t, but I personally don’t care to have my Twitter timeline filled with sports media personalities stroking their own egos every time they get a prediction about COVID right as if they correctly predicted the score of a game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    again, baseball won't finish and college football can't happen either w the way everyone is doing quarantines. Most if not all, of the MLB positives are from asymptomatic players. Same thing is going to happen w CFB. we might, might play a game or two. but no chance we play 10. But it won't be any different next year. May have a vaccine, but people will still get it.
    The only way to play sports is to quit testing and only diagnose and quarantine those that actually have serious symptoms. The tests themselves are a joke.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    The only way to play sports is to quit testing and only diagnose and quarantine those that actually have serious symptoms. The tests themselves are a joke.
    I sorta agree; but if you just let it run rampant, it'll probably eventually get someone that's vulnerable.

vCash
    I sorta agree; but if you just let it run rampant, it'll probably eventually get someone that's vulnerable.
    Let it run rampant? It already is.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Let it run rampant? It already is.
    Overall yeah, but I'm talking about in sports leagues. If testing hadn't caught the 2 cardinals, it may have been the whole team (coaches included) in a week or 2. Then their opponents start getting it. Then a manager or older coach ends up dying, and so long sports for a long time.

vCash
    That's what's happened anyway right??

vCash
    Overall yeah, but I'm talking about in sports leagues. If testing hadn't caught the 2 cardinals, it may have been the whole team (coaches included) in a week or 2. Then their opponents start getting it. Then a manager or older coach ends up dying, and so long sports for a long time.
    Maybe true. But as it stands right now, it's so long sports for a long time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Maybe true. But as it stands right now, it's so long sports for a long time.
    I know you're right, but I'm dreaming that somehow we get a season of baseball and few werks of football.

vCash
    Isn?t it like 20 of 1200+ test have come back positive with none of them having symptoms?