Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mlb was fun for a minute

vCash

Mlb was fun for a minute

12 marlins and 2 of their coaches have tested positive. Football was fun to dream about

vCash
    I wouldn't be surprised to see them just can the MLB season at this point.

We needed MLB to successfully get through this in order for football to happen, but it ain't looking good.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    12 marlins and 2 of their coaches have tested positive. Football was fun to dream about
    Meanwhile, the MLS bubble and the NBA bubble seem to be holding for now. MLB tried to keep everything too close to normal and their not going to be able to hold it together.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    Meanwhile, the MLS bubble and the NBA bubble seem to be holding for now. MLB tried to keep everything too close to normal and their not going to be able to hold it together.
    Yep. They should've put the players in a bubble and played the games at spring training sights.

vCash
    Was there a thought that no one would test positive? Because that would be stupid.

NFL have structured their roster limitations, IR provisions, practice squad rules, etc around the knowledge that there will be positive tests.

I can't believe any league would go into this thinking there wouldn't be positives. I'm not waving the white flag on football just yet.

vCash
    I think they knew there would be positives. But this is a flat out outbreak after only 3 games. I'm sure the Phillies players are worried since they just played the Marlins.

vCash
    30 man roster, 12 positives = 40% of team

vCash
    I doubt mlb lasts a week

vCash
    Don’t they have 60 players to draw from? Test everybody and get 25-30 out of the 60 and play ball. If everybody tests negative that will be at the ball park then let’s play ball...wishful thinking I know

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    Yep. They should've put the players in a bubble and played the games at spring training sights.
    I don't know why more people didn't say this. Why are we playing games at home stadiums with no fans? Keep everyone in their spring training bubble and you would have very few issues. Travel isn't nearly as bad either.

Didn't make sense to me that this wasn't an option discussed more for MLB.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    I don't know why more people didn't say this. Why are we playing games at home stadiums with no fans? Keep everyone in their spring training bubble and you would have very few issues. Travel isn't nearly as bad either.

MLB proposed that or very similar. Players rejected it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post

blame the union.

vCash
    Probably not a league canceler. The Nationals kept playing after Soto tested positive. This was bound to happen, and surely will many more times. The key is constantly testing everyone and locking up any positives.

The Marlins are basically a AAA quality team anyway, so call up 12 replacements, test everyone, and keep going.

vCash
    Call some minor league guys test them and then put them on the field. it isn't rocket science.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    Probably not a league canceler. The Nationals kept playing after Soto tested positive. This was bound to happen, and surely will many more times. The key is constantly testing everyone and locking up any positives.

The Marlins are basically a AAA quality team anyway, so call up 12 replacements, test everyone, and keep going.
    They just played the phillies. Did they spread it to them or umps? Will Yankees wanna take the locker room in philly tonight?

vCash
    They just played the phillies. Did they spread it to them or umps? Will Yankees wanna take the locker room in philly tonight?
    They should definitely get rid of locker rooms. And I wouldn't blame any player who opts out.

I'm just saying that MLB new something like this would likely happen and started the season anyway, so they can't get spooked now. Just roll with it and constantly test everyone.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    They should definitely get rid of locker rooms. And I wouldn't blame any player who opts out.

I'm just saying that MLB new something like this would likely happen and started the season anyway, so they can't get spooked now. Just roll with it and constantly test everyone.
    I hope they do. I'm just really worried about the season.

vCash
    I doubt mlb lasts a week
    What do they do about the stats from the few games that were played? Do they count?

The Braves all murdered the ball last night!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MaroonFlounder View Post
    What do they do about the stats from the few games that were played? Do they count?

The Braves all murdered the ball last night!
    Idk, but Riley's hr should count. That was an absolute blast

vCash
    I hope they do. I'm just really worried about the season.
    I could easily be wrong, but I don't know what the point of having all these contingency plans would be if MLB was going to get spooked and pull the plug on everything 3 days in.