Thread: OT - outdoor ice maker information

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    vCash

OT - outdoor ice maker information

I have never owned an outdoor ice maker and am working on an outdoor kitchen.

Scottsman, Blaze, Hoshizaki, Mantowoc.......does anyone have a lesson learned on these things.

Good experience or bad? Do I have to have a drain pump?

vCash
    I got a small commercial unit for the house. Fits nicely in the laundry room right next to the kitchen.

I'm on a conventional foundation so do not need a pump. Gravity flow is fine. Just ran a line and hooked into the kitchen drain.

Whether or not you need a pump depends on your situation.

My personal preference/opinion is to go with a gravity flow if at all possible. A pump is just something else to have to fix at some point.

Hoshizaki and mantiwoc are a couple of the better brands in the commercial world(I think..based on my research anyway).

That's my limited knowledge. Hope it helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Harrydawg View Post
    I have never owned an outdoor ice maker and am working on an outdoor kitchen.

Scottsman, Blaze, Hoshizaki, Mantowoc.......does anyone have a lesson learned on these things.

Good experience or bad? Do I have to have a drain pump?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DLGDawg View Post
    I got a small commercial unit for the house. Fits nicely in the laundry room right next to the kitchen.

I'm on a conventional foundation so do not need a pump. Gravity flow is fine. Just ran a line and hooked into the kitchen drain.

Whether or not you need a pump depends on your situation.

My personal preference/opinion is to go with a gravity flow if at all possible. A pump is just something else to have to fix at some point.

Hoshizaki and mantiwoc are a couple of the better brands in the commercial world(I think..based on my research anyway).

That's my limited knowledge. Hope it helps.
    not sure about the others but I have built two plants for Hoshizaki and am convinced of their passion for excellence ... they have a process in their machines that produces clear ice - not sure if that makes it better but I know they are really proud of that ... at least for their indoor machines anyway
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.