Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The rumor is the ACC

vCash

The rumor is the ACC

prefers a 10+1 schedule meaning 10 conference games plus one game with a SEC team.

I think I would be good with that if the SEC did that. It would be obvious for us to keep NC State as our ACC team. It preserves several rivalry games like Georgia/GT, Florida/FSU, Clemson/South Carolina, and UK/Louisville. There have been rumors about Notre Dame playing Alabama as well.

I also hope it happens because I want the SEC rotation to end by 2023 vs. 2025.

I'm 100% sure LT will make us play Tennessee and Florida on the road though rather than Georgia at home and Vanderbilt on the road.

vCash
    Is Alabama A&M the only team we have lost so far?

vCash
    New Mexico

vCash
    Bring on Clemson!

vCash
    Over half the SEC east ends it's season with an out of conference game. I don't think that should change.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hambone View Post
    New Mexico
    So we've lost 2 teams already. Smart by our conference to let these other teams pull out first so we don't have any liablity to pay them their money. If we've already lost 2. Makes complete sense to play 10 conference games + 1 power 5. That's a schedule worth watching.

vCash
    Someone help me with the math. So if we have five home SEC games and Five road SEC games some or all SEC school will get stuck with six road games and five home games. I have a good feeling as to which SEC schools will get the big dingdong. This is all set up for FL VS FSU, Clemson vs USCe and Louisville vs KY. It is bull shit. Lets play 10 and let the school find a game.
    Last edited by Jack Lambert; 07-25-2020 at 08:37 PM.

vCash
    Can we play Foriduh again, this time with a competent coach instead of slomo the drooler

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    Someone help me with the math. So if we have five home SEC games and Five road SEC games some or all SEC school will get stuck with six road games and five home games. I have a good feeling as to which SEC schools will get the big dingdong. This is all set up for FL VS FSU, Clemson vs USCe and Louisville vs KY. It is bull shit. Lets play 10 and let the school find a game.
    If they are going to play 11 they might as well go for the full 12 game schedule and try to let everyone have a shot to have 6 home games. Ten conference games and 2 OOC (1 with ACC).
    Last edited by maroonmania; 07-26-2020 at 08:09 AM.

vCash
    Won’t happen, but I like the idea of a 12 game schedule with home and home with all of the West teams. I know, not possible (TN/Bama & Auburn/Georgia)

Won’t ever happen, but would work this year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobile Bay View Post
    Can we play Foriduh again, this time with a competent coach instead of slomo the drooler
    It's possible. I'm pretty sure it would be in Gainesville. I think that if they go to 10 it will either be our 2021-2022 East opponent (Vanderbilt and Georgia) or they will go with our 2024-2025 opponents (Florida and Tennessee) South Carolina is our 2023 opponent so it's not likely to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    If they are going to play 11 they might as well go for the full 12 game schedule and try to let everyone have a shot to have 12 home games. Ten conference games and 2 OOC (1 with ACC).
    I could see us playing 10 SEC games, NC State and Tulane being a possibility.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    I think everyone will have 5 home and 5 road SEC games if they go to 10. The easiest way to do that was what I said in my last post. Just bump up our SEC East opponents either the next two years or the last two years of the rotation.

Now, I'm sure we'll play NC State on the road with the 10+1 model. But like I said if we play Tulane that would give us a sixth home game. I'm not sure if the SEC would let teams decide whether they want a 12th game or not how that will work but there is no doubt in my mind that if MSU has the option and it's feasible they'll add a sixth game because otherwise we're looking at losing two home games.

vCash
    Guys. We aren't playing 11 games this fall. Just won't. We should. But it's not likely.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Guys. We aren't playing 11 games this fall. Just won't. We should. But it's not likely.
    MLB starting back is a good sign. Among others.

vCash
    If Tate's order today means what it looks like it does, if it's still in effect during football season, we play every game on the road.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    If Tate's order today means what it looks like it does, if it's still in effect during football season, we play every game on the road.
    Tate is already in trouble politically. I doubt he will take the blame for no home football games.

vCash
    So you think the Egg Bowl will be moved out of state then?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sienfield View Post
    So you think the Egg Bowl will be moved out of state then?
    It said no outdoor gatherings bigger than 20 people. If that includes sports then there will be no football in Mississippi if it's still in effect. That's why I've been saying all along that the SEC and the MHSAA can plan all they want to, they won't make the final call.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    You can't avoid Covid. You can take measures to prevent health care systems from being overwhelmed. College athletes and youth athletes do not overwhelm hospitals. Why is this hard to understand?

We have to live our lives. Seniors 65 and older need to stay at home. People need to wear masks indoors. And people need to wash their hands. Life needs to continue on. Why is this so hard?

vCash
    It said no outdoor gatherings bigger than 20 people. If that includes sports then there will be no football in Mississippi if it's still in effect. That's why I've been saying all along that the SEC and the MHSAA can plan all they want to, they won't make the final call.
    That's nothing new. And that has been ignored by many including Snowden Grove baseball, Cotton States baseball in New Albany and M-Trade park Oxford baseball.