Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Southern Tailgating

vCash

Southern Tailgating

Do not know how many people deal with this bunch at MSU? They are allowed to be the ONLY game on campus and consequently can charge whatever they choose. They just sent out an email stating you can let them keep your money for this season and use it next season at no additional charge or if you ask for a refund, they are guaranteeing a more expensive option next year to make up their deficit. WTH!! Why are they the only game? Reeks of under the table deals. Competition is the only way to ensure market fairness or is this CHina? You ask about this with the athletic department and all you hear is crickets. Just very frustrating!! Ive talked to others who are equally frustrated and am looking for ideas to change a bad situation. Sorry for rant!

vCash
    You must not be familiar with Aramark.

You are still fully free to set up your own tent and cook your own food.

Rich people problems.

vCash
    Actually, we cook our own food but you cant set your tent up just anywhere because the school only allows Southern the best sites.

vCash
    I agree - it's a bit strange. It's been that way for a few years, hasn't it? Do they have to pay the school for the privilege?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Madisonmd View Post
    Actually, we cook our own food but you cant set your tent up just anywhere because the school only allows Southern the best sites.
    Not true. Junction is the best spot. By Barnes and noble is second best, imo. They have neither of those.... but you are entitled to tell people whatever you wish.

vCash
    to be fair the ticket office is giving credit for next season and I fully expect the price of tickets to go up next season.

vCash
    I can’t stand the black tents they put up. Wish the university would make them use maroon or white. They are a real eyesore (and collect/trap heat)

vCash
    It's a fraternity brother of mine, but as someone said ... set up your own shit, cook, and tailgate the way you want. BTW the owner is a professor on campus ZB @@KA
    Last edited by PKADogs55; 07-24-2020 at 11:30 PM.

vCash
    Good grief man. I looked at their website once..... and fell out my chair laughing at the price to set up a tent.

Hell for most of the games last year, you can set up a tent most anywhere in the junction. Sparse crowd. Even the egg bowl.

vCash
    Has tailgating been officially canceled for this season?

vCash
    You must not be either, Aramark is no longer the concessionaire for MSU athletics.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawdawg View Post
    You must not be either, Aramark is no longer the concessionaire for MSU athletics.
    Thank God.

So, who will run concessions now?

vCash
    Proof of the pudding from Atlanta

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    I used the money I was spending on their tailgate services to upgrade seats to premium level. Just tailgate in the stadium 3 hours prior to the game and you have food, tv, booze, and AC set up for you inside the stadium.

vCash
    They've given them preference for years and an exclusive contract without real, open competitive bidding. It's extremely shady. The fact that they won't allow other providers the opportunity is sad. That outfit has wires running everywhere, tied to trees and light posts, etc... it's an OSHA wet dream. I've never understood it. I think Tailgate Guys sucks too, but at least their stuff is nice and well kept. They just don't have many bells and whistles with their military style pop up tents.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawdawg View Post
    Proof of the pudding from Atlanta
    They are the best in the SEC.

vCash
    To the originial poster, I agree, it's complete horseshit. I don't know what we can do about it other than email the athletic department and demand other options.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy View Post
    Has tailgating been officially canceled for this season?
    Not officially but I heard from someone pretty knowledgeable in the ticket office that tents will not be allowed on campus this season, no gathering in the Junction. What you do in the parking lot out of your personal vehicle, they have no control over.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgbite View Post
    Not officially but I heard from someone pretty knowledgeable in the ticket office that tents will not be allowed on campus this season, no gathering in the Junction. What you do in the parking lot out of your personal vehicle, they have no control over.
    This may explain why there are plans to socially distance cars in the Bulldog Club parking lots this season. That made no sense to me when I heard it but it makes a little more sense if tailgating this year will be done out of the trunks of cars.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy View Post
    This may explain why there are plans to socially distance cars in the Bulldog Club parking lots this season. That made no sense to me when I heard it but it makes a little more sense if tailgating this year will be done out of the trunks of cars.
    You mean it will be like the good old days, when people didn't set up elaborate shit they don't need, and RV's had spots in Malfunction Junction, and if you were lucky you could catch Jerry Clower holding court around the RVs on Friday nights.