Thread: OG question: MSU campus

vCash

OG question: MSU campus

Does anyone remember that little diner between the ROTC building and the swamp parking lot on campus? They served breakfast, lunch, etc and I think they sold pizza too. This would have been late 90?s early 2000?s.

What the hell was the name of that place? Was talking about it with some friends last night and no one could remember the name.

vCash
    Stone Willies Pizza was the name of the pizza they sold. I don't know that it ever had another name.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    Does anyone remember that little diner between the ROTC building and the swamp parking lot on campus? They served breakfast, lunch, etc and I think they sold pizza too. This would have been late 90?s early 2000?s.

What the hell was the name of that place? Was talking about it with some friends last night and no one could remember the name.
    Gooch's?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SheltonChoked View Post
    Gooch's?
    Yeah, I think that was it...Gooch's Deli.

vCash
    Might as well name it taint.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SheltonChoked View Post
    Gooch's?
    I know it was Gooch's when I lived in Sessums my freshman year. Never darkened their door after that. I don't remember the food being good.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    I know it was Gooch's when I lived in Sessums my freshman year. Never darkened their door after that. I don't remember the food being good.
    I went there several times because I did laundry there. I remember getting the chicken fingers mostly.

vCash
    Burger King

vCash
    Yep, Gooch's Deli. They weighed your sandwich to figure out the price.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    Burger King
    It was until last fall. Now a Steak & Shake that my kid says is terrible.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    That’s right...Gooch’s...was trying to remember. They had corn nuggets that would give you aqua shits for 2 weeks.

was living way out West, but now back in the blessed state of Mississippi
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    That’s right...Gooch’s...was trying to remember. They had corn nuggets that would give you aqua shits for 2 weeks.
    Yep, GOOCH'S. And I ate a lot of those corn nuggets toon many times to count, and then made my way to the quietest bathroom on campus in McComas Hall. Didn't have a class there, but man those bathrooms were legit empty all the time

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Westdawg View Post
    Yep, GOOCH'S. And I ate a lot of those corn nuggets toon many times to count, and then made my way to the quietest bathroom on campus in McComas Hall. Didn't have a class there, but man those bathrooms were legit empty all the time
    My go to was behind the reference stacks in the library. Just one toilet and a window. 99% of campus didn't even know it existed.

vCash
    Another good one was LEE Hall. It seemed like no one ever went in there.

vCash
    In the bowels of the Union, pun intended.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    It was until last fall. Now a Steak & Shake that my kid says is terrible.
    That's sad. Steak and Shake is usually good. Should've done a Freddy's. Way better.

I think it went from Gooch's to BK in the late 90's or early 2000's.

vCash
    I don't know why in my mind I thought it was a BK first and then Goochs.
    But I never went to the BK. I went to GOOCH'S a lot my first yr as a transfer when I had several classes up at that side of campus, after that, was was almost exclusively at the south end of the east side of campus.
    Ate many a pieces of crap from the Hell Shell at the roundabout

vCash
    I remember Gooch's but I never ate there. I didn't know anyone that did honestly. On campus I pretty much did The Union and the cafeteria.

vCash
    Most of my classes were on that side of campus so I regularly parked in the swamp lot thus Gooch’s was an easy place to grab a bite. Plus at the time I was young and could eat depleted plutonium and it wouldn’t have affected me too long.

vCash
    Third floor of mccool is a great spot to take care of business, if you can make it to the third floor that is....