Thread: Lost a Real Elitedawg on Tuesday - Drew Montgomery

vCash

Lost a Real Elitedawg on Tuesday - Drew Montgomery

George "Drew" Montgomery ( posted as Drewbowski), age 33, of Tupelo, passed away suddenly Tuesday of natural causes. His Father, Jim, of Montgomery Oil, in Tupelo had proceeded him in death last August. I met the Montgomery family has we had seats close together on the West side. We hit it off at once as we were all hardcore State. They also insisted that my son and I join them at their tailgate, whether we had already eaten or not! Visitation today 6 to 8 at Holland-Tupelo Chapel & tomorrow before 1 PM services at United Presbyterian Church at Plantersville. Prayers to his many family members and friends. May God Bless you and yours always.
    Last edited by Goldendawg; 07-23-2020 at 04:02 PM.

vCash
    Really sorry to hear this.
    There's someone in my head but its not me.

vCash
    33? Damn, that really sucks

vCash
    RIPD

Rest In Peace Dawg

vCash
    That?s awful! 33 years old is way too young for natural causes. Had to be an underlying heart condition that he was unaware of, ie, enlarged heart (cardiomegaly) which can caused by heart valve issues, Ventricular Septal Defect (VSD.....hole in the heart).

Senior Member William Tecumsah Sherman's Avatar
    vCash
    Sorry to hear. Prayers to his family. The obituary mentioned something about a car wreck years ago that changed his life. I don?t know if that was related. Goldendawg can fill us in.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by William Tecumsah Sherman View Post
    Sorry to hear. Prayers to his family. The obituary mentioned something about a car wreck years ago that changed his life. I don?t know if that was related. Goldendawg can fill us in.
    Drew suffered a horrific auto accident the morning after his high school graduation. I think he had a severe head injury, other physical injuries, and may have been in a coma for a while afterward. He fought hard against these combined issues in his life. Obit mentions his battles to overcome. Lived independently after Jim's death, had worked at Kroger in the past and was working at a call center at the time of his death. Drew himself, sent me a PM through Elitedawgs with the news of his Father's death. ( I had not read our site for a few days and missed the visitation). Hail Drew! Hail State and his family and friends! Tt was always a pleasure to talk to Drew, Jim, and other family at their tailgate, during games, and at halftime under the stands for our 1st half analysis of the games! Drew, Jim, and family members knew their FB and loved State. We were all very early members of the "Jo Needs to Go Club". Prayers sent over the loss.

vCash
    Praying for his family and friends! So young, sad! RIP!

vCash
    Praying for his family.

vCash
    Sad story and way too young to pass. May he RIP.

vCash
    Prayers for the family.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Thick View Post
    That?s awful! 33 years old is way too young for natural causes. Had to be an underlying heart condition that he was unaware of, ie, enlarged heart (cardiomegaly) which can caused by heart valve issues, Ventricular Septal Defect (VSD.....hole in the heart).
    Update: Touching funeral service at beautiful country church. His Aunt said that he indeed had a heart attack & passed away before the ambulance could get him to the hospital. Totally unexpected. Found out during words from his sister that he had a real love for music & concerts since his teenage years and loved trading bootleg concert films with others nationwide. The last song played at the service was "Forever Young" by Rod Stewart, very touching but sad. Thirty-three much too young to go. Prayers for his family. He and his Dad, two Bulldogs who are missed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    Update: Touching funeral service at beautiful country church. His Aunt said that he indeed had a heart attack & passed away before the ambulance could get him to the hospital. Totally unexpected. Found out during words from his sister that he had a real love for music & concerts since his teenage years and loved trading bootleg concert films with others nationwide. The last song played at the service was "Forever Young" by Rod Stewart, very touching but sad. Thirty-three much too young to go. Prayers for his family. He and his Dad, two Bulldogs who are missed.
    Dang thats awful. Rip Drew. Yet another reminder that Morrow isn't promised and cherish your time here among your loved ones. Don't perpetuate any petty beefs, and tell somebody you love them that needs to hear it.