Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I finally got YoutubeTV

vCash

I finally got YoutubeTV

And what?s the first thing that pops on when I turn it on? Thunder & Lightning. Love it. Beautiful HD picture.

I?m done with satellite.

vCash
    I'm thinking real hard about doing this and telling direct where they can go...only thing I worry about is I have a gamer in my family and I'm worried about it buffering all the time.

vCash
    If only rural Mississippi had internet to allow such choices.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chainedup_Dawg View Post
    I'm thinking real hard about doing this and telling direct where they can go...only thing I worry about is I have a gamer in my family and I'm worried about it buffering all the time.
    Yep. Unless you have fiber, you screwed.

vCash
    Double post

vCash
    Funny, I’m actually going back to satellite next month. YTTV was amazing at $35. Still a good deal at $50. But with the new $15 hike it’s actually more expensive than satellite for me

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    You don’t need fiber. I run it with zero problems at 30 down speed

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vv83 View Post
    Funny, I’m actually going back to satellite next month. YTTV was amazing at $35. Still a good deal at $50. But with the new $15 hike it’s actually more expensive than satellite for me
    Same here. When PlayStation Vue went away, Sony heavily recommended switching to them so they probably picked up close to $50MM more per month in revenue... and then promptly raised their pricing 30% in about 6 months. Really pissed me off, and they don't care! They even posted a link for you to cancel your subscription on Twitter. My neighbor just went back to Comcast and got a 2 year agreement for less than $65/month. With 3 boxes to boot.

vCash
    All we have is ATT dsl at present (5mb) but fiber is on the way (hoping within the next year). YoutubeTV actually runs pretty well with that speed as long is no one else is in the Internet. Luckily most of my streaming is done after the kids get in bed. I let them argue over fortnite during the day.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    And what?s the first thing that pops on when I turn it on? Thunder & Lightning. Love it. Beautiful HD picture.

I?m done with satellite.
    Just left Comcast after being with them four years. I had direct tv att before that. Att is terrible would never go back. Comcast wasn't that bad. A lot of money but less than what we were paying direct. We didn't watch much live tv and watches mostly on demand. Swapped to fiber because it was 10 more a month than what I paid for cable internet. My upload download went from like 25 and 5 to 850 and 950. We already had a bunch of streaming services and moved to Hulu live from our subscription. Saving us a bunch for our TV costs and really giving us great internet. That helps working from home. Comcast knew they were beat that was the easiest cancellation ever. Direct tv was hell cancelling. Waiting til I had already left to offer anything.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by trojandawg View Post
    Just left Comcast after being with them four years. I had direct tv att before that. Att is terrible would never go back. Comcast wasn't that bad. A lot of money but less than what we were paying direct. We didn't watch much live tv and watches mostly on demand. Swapped to fiber because it was 10 more a month than what I paid for cable internet. My upload download went from like 25 and 5 to 850 and 950. We already had a bunch of streaming services and moved to Hulu live from our subscription. Saving us a bunch for our TV costs and really giving us great internet. That helps working from home. Comcast knew they were beat that was the easiest cancellation ever. Direct tv was hell cancelling. Waiting til I had already left to offer anything.
    We are the same. I really only had Directv for watching sports but there is no sports now so I started exploring my options. Everything else we watch is on streaming services so I was basically just donating $125 per month to Directv.

I wish we had better internet but the fastest available right now is AT&T's terrible 5mb dsl service. Our local power co-op has formed a fiber internet company now though so they got a grant and have started on the fiber huts and infrastructure. Hoping to get fiber to our home by 2021 and I'm very excited about that.

vCash

I?m done with satellite.
    I left satellite in December to go to Youtube TV too. I was saving over $70 a month with the basic package on YTTV so I added both Starz and Showtime. With the recent increase, I cancelled both of those, but did add the Disney+, Hulu, and ESPN bundle at $13 a month. I am still saving significantly over satellite. As far as I'm concerned, I'll never go back, but the reality is that I would if it was cheaper than streaming. I am happy with YTTV though. Love the unlimited DVR.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MSUDAWGFAN View Post
    I left satellite in December to go to Youtube TV too. I was saving over $70 a month with the basic package on YTTV so I added both Starz and Showtime. With the recent increase, I cancelled both of those, but did add the Disney+, Hulu, and ESPN bundle at $13 a month. I am still saving significantly over satellite. As far as I'm concerned, I'll never go back, but the reality is that I would if it was cheaper than streaming. I am happy with YTTV though. Love the unlimited DVR.
    Right now we can get YTTV and DSL for about $170 per month (our paltry DSL is outrageous). Once fiber comes to our home that will be knocked down to about $125 per month...which is what I was paying for just Directv. I'm pumped.

vCash
    Right now we can get YTTV and DSL for about $170 per month (our paltry DSL is outrageous). Once fiber comes to our home that will be knocked down to about $125 per month...which is what I was paying for just Directv. I'm pumped.
    I am Paying $35 unlimited internet through ATT cell towers. I am gettng 14-17 mbs downloads and live 20 miles from a town. There are towers close but not right on top of me.

Then I use a legal Amazon firestick to hook to my not smart TV's and watch just about anything i want. I have a service that I use called Pixel that cost $25 and Netflix for a total at two houses for internet at both for about $105 a month. I get every channel that I can think oft but I do have issues with internet at the lake. I am hoping that this Elon Musk internet promised in the next year or so is able to bring better internet to rural areas.

I

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by trojandawg View Post
    The minute I can dump AT&T I’m doing it. Worst run company in the world. I filed 3 separate FCC complaints within a two week period to finally get my wonderful fixed wireless working. We were without internet for 3 weeks and the technicians stood me up 3 different service calls. I sat home all day waiting on my scheduled service and never heard a word from anyone.

Anyway, I get about 30mbps download and less than 1/2 a mbps upload!! It’s garbage for my son going live with radio stations and Facebook. It’s really bad when he wants to play Xbox. Everyone else in the house has to get off WiFi.
    My daughter and son in law have AT&T dsl. Same problem. Only one of them can be on it at a time.
    Cspire ran fiber down 84 less than 200 yards from my house. I wish I could tap into that sucker!!

vCash
    The minute I can dump AT&T I’m doing it. Worst run company in the world. I filed 3 separate FCC complaints within a two week period to finally get my wonderful fixed wireless working. We were without internet for 3 weeks and the technicians stood me up 3 different service calls. I sat home all day waiting on my scheduled service and never heard a word from anyone.

Anyway, I get about 30mbps download and less than 1/2 a mbps upload!! It’s garbage for my son going live with radio stations and Facebook. It’s really bad when he wants to play Xbox. Everyone else in the house has to get off WiFi.
    My daughter and son in law have AT&T dsl. Same problem. Only one of them can be on it at a time.
    Cspire ran fiber down 84 less than 200 yards from my house. I wish I could tap into that sucker!!
    I wish I could find the post on facebook where a guy ran a packet loss test on our local AT&T dsl. It was almost 20% That has to be a hardware issue. Basically AT&T updates and services the densly populated areas and doesn't give a **** about rural areas because it doesn't equate to big dollars. I think most of the swith hubs used on AT&T's main line in our area are about 20 years old with no plans to upgrade.

vCash

yep

The minute I can dump AT&T I?m doing it. Worst run company in the world. I filed 3 separate FCC complaints within a two week period to finally get my wonderful fixed wireless working. We were without internet for 3 weeks and the technicians stood me up 3 different service calls. I sat home all day waiting on my scheduled service and never heard a word from anyone.

Anyway, I get about 30mbps download and less than 1/2 a mbps upload!! It?s garbage for my son going live with radio stations and Facebook. It?s really bad when he wants to play Xbox. Everyone else in the house has to get off WiFi.
    is this still happening?

https://www.androidauthority.com/wha...rlink-1134426/ This may be my only option.

vCash
    I wish I could find the post on facebook where a guy ran a packet loss test on our local AT&T dsl. It was almost 20% That has to be a hardware issue. Basically AT&T updates and services the densly populated areas and doesn't give a **** about rural areas because it doesn't equate to big dollars. I think most of the swith hubs used on AT&T's main line in our area are about 20 years old with no plans to upgrade.
    ATT doesn't even care about some of it's densely populated areas. They've been running fiber trunk lines all over our city for 4 years - but have never upgraded the service lines in the neighborhoods. I swear my phone line on the pole is so old its copper telegraph line LOL.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    We had YouTube TV and dropped it for sling. Sling has all the outdoor channels and my wife’s horse channels. Also can get all of the espn3 stuff when baseball starts back. Oh and Paramount for Yellowstone.

We started with Hulu, dropped it cause of the price, then went to YTTv and now at Sling.

Only bad part about sling is no locals, but we can get the cbs app from Roku channel for the Sat SEC game...

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Not true, necessarily. I have maxSouth and we usually have 2 other tvs streaming either youtubetv or netflix and I am playing halo5 on the xbox. Never have an issue.
    Downvotes_Hype