Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I finally got YoutubeTV

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TNDawg35 View Post
    We had YouTube TV and dropped it for sling. Sling has all the outdoor channels and my wife’s horse channels. Also can get all of the espn3 stuff when baseball starts back. Oh and Paramount for Yellowstone.

We started with Hulu, dropped it cause of the price, then went to YTTv and now at Sling.

Only bad part about sling is no locals, but we can get the cbs app from Roku channel for the Sat SEC game...
    YTtv i believe now has paramount, and it always had espn3 access.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hot Rock View Post
    is this still happening?

https://www.androidauthority.com/wha...rlink-1134426/ This may be my only option.
    It’s still very much happening from what I hear. I got my hopes up for that too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    I wish I could find the post on facebook where a guy ran a packet loss test on our local AT&T dsl. It was almost 20% That has to be a hardware issue. Basically AT&T updates and services the densly populated areas and doesn't give a **** about rural areas because it doesn't equate to big dollars. I think most of the swith hubs used on AT&T's main line in our area are about 20 years old with no plans to upgrade.
    I am ready for Elon Musk to finish his system. 1750 satelites all working together for world wide 5G type of coverage. My brother in law, who works for Comcast, thinks it is going to be a bust. But I am not sure it is.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    I have had a very good experience with YoutubeTV. The price raise didn't bother me so much because I've only ever known MaxxSouth and DirecTV in my adult life and they both pissed me off to no end, so I'm sticking with one I know I like even if it costs a little more than it did when I signed up for it.

I'm a big fan of how flexible you can be with YTTV, I've never had a TV provider than can be used so seamlessly on multiple devices. I like the interface a lot. We run it through my PS4 in the living room but it runs well on a Fire Stick in one of our bedrooms and runs very well on my iPhone or iPad.

Could I save money and go to another provider? Yes. But saving $10-$15 a month isn't worth having to deal with the poor customer service of a cable company, and I just like what YTTV has to offer better than the other streaming services right now.

FYI: we do not have fiber internet and we use YTTV without any issues. Our download speed usually is in the 25-50 MB range, which is good but by no means the best internet speed available to us.
    Last edited by Captain Falcon; 07-20-2020 at 02:45 PM.

vCash
    I really like the ease of recording, pause, rewind, fast forward, etc. on Directv. How do streaming services like YoutubeTV compare in this regard?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 80 Dawg View Post
    I really like the ease of recording, pause, rewind, fast forward, etc. on Directv. How do streaming services like YoutubeTV compare in this regard?
    Youtube has what I consider the best dvr system. As far as live tv.. you can pause it and come back I believe 2-3 hours later even if you don't set it to save on your dvr. Pausing no issue. Rewind is in i believe either 10/15 second. Same with ff, put either way shows you a preview above the bar to know if you are past the commercials or not.

I will say.. I have been with YTTV since PSVue went away in jan...and am enjoying it. Not happy about the price creep but still half of what i was paying on uverse previously a couple years ago... and I'm ok not playing the games with uverse / cable company to get a compare rate. But if sports don't come back I might look into sling or hulu possibly.

Also.. I'm on on att 24mbs ... so not fiber. but it's good enough for us 2... if you have more people that are hardcore watchers, you might hit the 1tb limit for the month.
    Last edited by ScoobaDawg; 07-20-2020 at 06:25 PM.

vCash
    Reading about all you guys still stuck on DSL makes me appreciate my Frontier fiber (I live in a big city). I'm paying out the ass for it and my cable tv package, but at least I feel like I'm living in the 21st century. The biggest ripoff is paying $30 a month for their outdated DVR and set top box, but it's incredibly convenient for channel hopping between games, so I guess as long as I can afford it I'll keep it. Hope all of you on DSL get your high speed upgrades in the near future. My friends are always asking "who the hell uses DSL anymore?" Now I guess I can tell them.
    There's someone in my head but its not me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 80 Dawg View Post
    YoutubeTV absolutely destroys DirecTVs DVR system. Infinite space. Infinite multiple recordings at the same time. Accessible literally from everything with internet access including cell phones while on long distance trips. it has settings where it will record every single thing with MSU in the title regardless of channel. it also easily separates your shows and movies from each other when in the dvr section. It will also pause a show forever if you want. I went to Columbus and back yesterday and my live episode was still paused when I got back.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    Luckily most of my streaming is done after the kids get in bed.
    Hands above the cover sir! You'll go blind.