Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Walking the dog at our local community college whilst the ACT was being given y'day

vCash

Walking the dog at our local community college whilst the ACT was being given y'day

Caveat: the place has been a virtual ghost college since 2nd week in March. Even a couple of Gatorade 10 gallon dispensers were left the softball dugout. Which shows that the order to clear campus was immediate.

Noticed the h/s students from the area,nonchalantly walking about no masks, no distancing, hugging during breaks, just acting like 16 and 17 y/o's. The college had the kids in the library and cafeteria w/no more than 10-15 in each place. The proctors and administrators were fully masked and in protective mode. The kids couldn't give less than 2 shits what anyone was doing.

During bathroom breaks, there were like inches apart in groups of 6 or 7 waiting to go to the bathroom.

Point is, kids are programmed to act like kids. I doubt all the hysteria and information adults try to feed them is going to really work, maybe a little first week or 2 of school.

Bathroom: the kids had to wait outside of the library to go to the bathroom while on break. Only one allowed in the b'room per gender. Thats why there were a bunch of kids within 2 inches of the other outside. Sometimes our man-made rules for fighting the Covids doesn't really work
    Last edited by Indndawg; 07-22-2020 at 01:01 PM.

vCash
    YOLO

But to defend the kid perspective- I don?t personally know anybody that has OR has had COVID. I was everywhere from China to Amsterdam to America before March. We even had a team in Italy and lots of engineers in Hong Kong. Talking about a pool of 5,000 professionals. If I were a kid, my sense of alarm would not be great.

In China, the company has 20K hourly employees. Not one sick and not one death. In Mexico, 25K employees. No actual positive result and no deaths. In the USA only one site near Chicago has real positives. It was a pool of young temps. Chicago is gonna be closed down soon, will be Arkansas, Cambodia, and Thailand by FY21. Chicago is not a good place to do business.

vCash
    I can believe it. I know it’s TMZ but:

https://www.tmz.com/2020/07/19/downt...cing-covid-19/
    Last edited by ScoobaDawg; 07-20-2020 at 09:56 AM.

vCash
    Read up on how covid positives are counted and what the test is actually looking for and then let me know if you still believe it's out of control. All the info is available directly on CDC.gov.

99.96% covid-19 survival rate
    98.98% flu survival rate

vCash
    Hope none of them had the stomach virus... that would be deadlier than the Covid at that age.

vCash
    The kids aren’t the only group of people not wearing masks. I’ve posted this before but most places I visit in Covington county, there are few of any people wearing masks. What’s more, I watch them get into their cars and drive away with zero attempt at hand sanitation.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    Hope none of them had the stomach virus... that would be deadlier than the Covid at that age.
    True as of last week, Covid had killed 30 young people under 25 while the last flu season killed 166 in the same age group.

vCash
    Norovirus-Stomach Flu kills 200,000 worldwide every year. Luckily fewer than 1000 of those deaths occur in the US...

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    YOLO

But to defend the kid perspective- I don?t personally know anybody that has OR has had COVID. I was everywhere from China to Amsterdam to America before March. We even had a team in Italy and lots of engineers in Hong Kong. Talking about a pool of 5,000 professionals. If I were a kid, my sense of alarm would not be great.

In China, the company has 20K hourly employees. Not one sick and not one death. In Mexico, 25K employees. No actual positive result and no deaths. In the USA only one site near Chicago has real positives. It was a pool of young temps. Chicago is gonna be closed down soon, will be Arkansas, Cambodia, and Thailand by FY21. Chicago is not a good place to do business.
    I know 13 people that have had it in starkville. And i dont know 25k people.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    I know 13 people that have had it in starkville. And i dont know 25k people.
    30 people on 1 platform owned by the company I work for had it. Several major oil companies have already had to shut in production on one or more of their facilities until they could get it under control.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Indndawg View Post
    Caveat: the place has been a virtual ghost college since 2nd week in March. Even a couple of Gatorade 10 gallon dispensers were left the softball dugout. Which shows that the order to clear campus was immediate.

Noticed the h/s students from the area,nonchalantly walking about no masks, no distancing, hugging during breaks, just acting like 16 and 17 y/o's. The college had the kids in the library and cafeteria w/no more than 10-15 in each place. The proctors and administrators were fully masked and in protective mode. The kids couldn't give less than 2 shits what anyone was doing.

During bathroom breaks, there were like inches apart in groups of 6 or 7 waiting to go to the bathroom.

Point is, kids are programmed to act like kids. I doubt all the hysteria and information adults try to feed them is going to really work, maybe a little first week or 2 of school.
    So you took your dog inside during the "bathroom breaks"??

vCash
    YOLO

My wife had 20 employees on one floor and one guy got sick. 4 others got sick from him with 2 people now in the hospital on ventilators. One is a 25 year old girl in great shape.

vCash
    The company I work for has over 20K Employees worldwide and only has had 2 employees test positive, both in US... one was my boss but he had no symptoms ... but my dads 90 year old first cousin had it on his COD, one of my Frat Bros who?s a state Rep has it and is sick but getter better.... the remaining 10 or that have tested positive in my community have had little to no symptoms...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    30 people on 1 platform owned by the company I work for had it. Several major oil companies have already had to shut in production on one or more of their facilities until they could get it under control.
    We don’t have folks on platforms. People go home at night, sites range in staff size, some in rural America, some in Million-Plus cities, and HQ is a large wooded campus. Hopefully all your folks recover fully.

Back to kids taking SATs - probably most kids dont know any victims.

vCash
    Companies don't tell, just because you don't know about it don't mean it didn't happen. my company is worldwide as well, I happen to know four that had in my plant but you think the company has any kind of info out there about it? Nope.

My stepson, his wife and their youngest son has it right now. Hopefully, they will be fine but my cousin died from it and his sister spent a month in the hospital and has tons of bills.

Common man, this ain't no hoax. Plus, in China, they lied like crazy and when they shut it down, your ass did what your were told. Kids take their cues from their parents and guess what, when it does hit someone your know, you just might change your tune too.

vCash
    YOLO

My office of 40 in Houston has had 4 cases. Our main office in Europe had 2 deaths.

I know of at least 20 others here that had it. (of the 20, 5 were HS kids that brought it home to their parents)

I know several in MS/AL that were in ICU with it.

vCash
    I know quite a few who have had it, several died. There are members of my family in isolation right now pending a test.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MrKotter View Post
    Read up on how covid positives are counted and what the test is actually looking for and then let me know if you still believe it's out of control. All the info is available directly on CDC.gov.

99.96% covid-19 survival rate
    98.98% flu survival rate
    Useless info. Deaths are useless info. Positives are useless info.

Hospital capacity. That's it. But right now Drs and hospitals are filling up with elective surgeries that have been postponed for months. I get they have to make money, but we need to keep open beds to be able to handle surges. As long as that's happening, you can remain open. All the other BS being thrown around to "support a side" is stupid and counterproductive. WE ALL HAVE THE SAME GOAL: stay open and stay alive. If we keep Hospital capacity under control, we can effectively treat it and manage the pandemic. If we don't, we can't. It's that freaking simple and somehow everyone still gets caught up in politicking with the numbers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    Useless info. Deaths are useless info. Positives are useless info.

Hospital capacity. That's it. But right now Drs and hospitals are filling up with elective surgeries that have been postponed for months. I get they have to make money, but we need to keep open beds to be able to handle surges. As long as that's happening, you can remain open. All the other BS being thrown around to "support a side" is stupid and counterproductive. WE ALL HAVE THE SAME GOAL: stay open and stay alive. If we keep Hospital capacity under control, we can effectively treat it and manage the pandemic. If we don't, we can't. It's that freaking simple and somehow everyone still gets caught up in politicking with the numbers.
    The case numbers provide you a warning. Dobbs said over the weekend that for every day you see 1000 new cases in Mississippi that means you will see about 170 of them in the hospital over the next couple of weeks. We can't sustain that level long.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    The case numbers provide you a warning. Dobbs said over the weekend that for every day you see 1000 new cases in Mississippi that means you will see about 170 of them in the hospital over the next couple of weeks. We can't sustain that level long.
    Absolutely. For those managing this. For the public, hospital capacity is what needs to be on the bottom line ticker IMO. If people see "78% capacity" and they know we shut down at 85%, they'll start social distancing and wearing masks. We need a common goal. And that's never been communicated to the America public.