Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Live update ground zero covid update...Arizona! End of very long week. Don't know

vCash

Live update ground zero covid update...Arizona! End of very long week. Don't know

what is going on around the country with this casual attitude many are displaying. Have witnessed an alarming increase of younger people coming down with the virus now. It seems to have mutated to infect people under 45. At least this strain we are seeing here. My opinion is sports as we know it over for the next year. The big fear now is reinfection. We are hearing reports that is what is happening in Spain. i will be perfectly honest i don't trust any Government sources anymore, and can only confirm what i have seen since this started. Be safe....Hail State!

vCash
    Thank you for what you do! Hang in there and stay safe.

vCash
    The good news is that New York and surrounding areas have had under 1000 new cases for about 8 days straight. We screwed up by putting the whole country on quarantine when the northeast and west coast saw their initial spike. It?s pretty obvious at this point the virus hadn?t made it to the southeast, Southwest, or middle America at that point. What we are seeing now is 80% of America went through quarantine with the 20% of America that needed to. That 20% successfully weathered the storm so all of America started lifting quarantine and the the virus arrived in middle America. So, now middle America is staring down the reality of a second quarantine after barely having survived the first one while the 20% moves on.

It was overreaction and poor planning.

vCash
    There's someone in my head but its not me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    The good news is that New York and surrounding areas have had under 1000 new cases for about 8 days straight. We screwed up by putting the whole country on quarantine when the northeast and west coast saw their initial spike. It?s pretty obvious at this point the virus hadn?t made it to the southeast, Southwest, or middle America at that point. What we are seeing now is 80% of America went through quarantine with the 20% of America that needed to. That 20% successfully weathered the storm so all of America started lifting quarantine and the the virus arrived in middle America. So, now middle America is staring down the reality of a second quarantine after barely having survived the first one while the 20% moves on.

It was overreaction and poor planning.
    Uh, no. When you take precautions ahead of time, bad things don't happen. Besides, Coronavirus was already spreading in Texas when New York shut down, so I don't know where you're getting that from
    There's someone in my head but its not me.

vCash
    We had our first case in my county here in MS in mid March. It was here. We held it down by locking down. When we opened back up people decided that it was over and they could do whatever the hell they wanted to. No precautions, wide open. This was the predictable result, and it was predicted. The hospital numbers today were scary.

vCash
    It's simply the people who were sheltering arent. And they're younger. It's the damn summer and folks can't hole up forever.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    It's simply the people who were sheltering arent. And they're younger. It's the damn summer and folks can't hole up forever.
    Some are going to be, permanently.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Correct. That's driving the case count.
    Not the death count though. 1132 of our 1346 deaths are over 60 years old. 84%. It is amazing to me that we can't protect our old population (and that our old population isn't taking proper precautions).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Joebob View Post
    Uh, no. When you take precautions ahead of time, bad things don't happen. Besides, Coronavirus was already spreading in Texas when New York shut down, so I don't know where you're getting that from
    You are right. It was here en masse in March just like New York. We are just like New York. In fact, we should just shut the whole state down until June of next year. It’ll be fine. My bad.

vCash
    I was out there a few weeks ago and the Navajo Nation was like a ghost town Have you been over there?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    We had our first case in my county here in MS in mid March. It was here. We held it down by locking down. When we opened back up people decided that it was over and they could do whatever the hell they wanted to. No precautions, wide open. This was the predictable result, and it was predicted. The hospital numbers today were scary.
    No county in rural MS actually went into lockdown. You didn't hold anything down. It just takes a lot longer to spread through rural populations like most of MS.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Correct. That's driving the case count.
    Not the death count though. 1132 of our 1346 deaths are over 60 years old. 84%. It is amazing to me that we can't protect our old population (and that our old population isn't taking proper precautions).
    We're not immortal. Older people have the highest death rate anyway. The problem is inconsistent testing results.

vCash
    You are right. It was here en masse in March just like New York. We are just like New York. In fact, we should just shut the whole state down until June of next year. It’ll be fine. My bad.
    This is another example of your horrible posts.. don't like the message? attack the poster.. be sarcastic and smartass instead of stating facts and having a discussion.

As mentioned below, it took longer in southern states that were more rural... oh and less people travel to.

vCash
    It's definitely hitting the younger crowd. I'm part of the 25 and younger crowd. My entire friend group plus me are showing the exact same symptoms. Two of us are positive. This is what happened to all of us
    - 4-6 days severe back pain
    - after back pain, cold symptoms (stuffed up nose, cough, feeling sick)
    - 50% of us loss of taste and smell
    Last edited by Cloak; 07-19-2020 at 03:18 AM.

vCash
    My mom is going to the doctor tomorrow. She's been sick for about a week. Cold symptoms. Nausea. Fever between 100-101. But mainly no appetite and very weak. I know. Those symptoms could be a 100 different things.

The nightmare is going to be this winter if this is still going strong. You throw cold, flu, and stomach bug season in top of this and people are all going to be paranoid not knowing what everybody has.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg View Post
    The nightmare is going to be this winter if this is still going strong. You throw cold, flu, and stomach bug season in top of this and people are all going to be paranoid not knowing what everybody has.
    Yep. I currently have cold-like symptoms and am sneezing like crazy. I'm not running fever or showing any other Covid symptoms, but in the back of my mind, I can't rule it out. When the flu season rolls back around, you're going to see some chaos

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobaDawg View Post
    This is another example of your horrible posts.. don't like the message? attack the poster.. be sarcastic and smartass instead of stating facts and having a discussion.

As mentioned below, it took longer in southern states that were more rural... oh and less people travel to.
    An example of my horrible posts? What are you talking about? You just restated more or less what I said in my original post on this thread but I was focusing more on economic issues driving why cases are spiking in Mississippi right now. No one wants to hear that though, I guess.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    Yep. I currently have cold-like symptoms and am sneezing like crazy. I'm not running fever or showing any other Covid symptoms, but in the back of my mind, I can't rule it out. When the flu season rolls back around, you're going to see some chaos
    This. It’s the scenario i painted in another thread. So many schools are pushing class room and sports BACK in hopes of a downward trend happening between now and then but the truth is flu + covid will create chaos in Mississippi. The 2017-2018 flu season was eye-opening. We had multiple MEMA meetings to address it because it taxed the Mississippi hospital system enormously. They were doing things then that we are talking about now (turning away elective surgeries, diverting patients out of state, etc) because they had no room. Honestly, the flu hammers the MS hospital system every year.

If schools really want football they should work out a way to finish their seasons before late October/early November.

vCash
    This. It’s the scenario i painted in another thread. So many schools are pushing class room and sports BACK in hopes of a downward trend happening between now and then but the truth is flu + covid will create chaos in Mississippi. The 2017-2018 flu season was eye-opening. We had multiple MEMA meetings to address it because it taxed the Mississippi hospital system enormously. They were doing things then that we are talking about now (turning away elective surgeries, diverting patients out of state, etc) because they had no room. Honestly, the flu hammers the MS hospital system every year.

If schools really want football they should work out a way to finish their seasons before late October/early November.
    Interesting - especially after having just read this article - https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...delta-n1234098