Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Did anyone get the opt out letter from the ticket office?

vCash

Did anyone get the opt out letter from the ticket office?

No paper tickets this season. Only mobile or print at thome. Also I called the ticket office I asked them what would happen if I keep my tickets for this season and the capacity is limited and my priority was not high enough what would happen. He said it would not be a problem. There will most likely be enough opt out that everyone with season tickets would get in.
    Last edited by Jack Lambert; 07-17-2020 at 04:59 PM.

vCash
    What if we don't get the seats/section we paid for? Did the letter say anything about that?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy View Post
    What if we don't get the seats/section we paid for? Did the letter say anything about that?
    That was not in the letter and I did not ask. However the impression I got was that if the stadium was 50% capacity you would have your seat. Also the way they talked they feel like if it got to 25% I would get in and have my seat. He said the letter went out before the email by mistake. They are creating an web site you will be able to got to. the letter went out too early. He also said don't pay pledge just yet. Not sure if that would be credited back.

I also got the impression that based on what tickets that did not get paid by July 15th they are expecting a lot of people to opt out.
    Last edited by Jack Lambert; 07-17-2020 at 06:12 PM.

vCash
    I have wondered about the pledge. I have renewed and paid for my season tickets but have deliberately not paid my pledge. According to the new IRS rules, the premium paid for the right to purchase seats is not a charitable contribution because you receive something of value in return.
    I love MSU and would contribute some this year but not this much if it weren?t for the premium seats.

vCash
    Have paid for my tickets. Haven't gotten an email or letter.
    "I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It's just been too intelligent to come here." -- Arthur C. Clarke

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodPadLevel View Post
    I have wondered about the pledge. I have renewed and paid for my season tickets but have deliberately not paid my pledge. According to the new IRS rules, the premium paid for the right to purchase seats is not a charitable contribution because you receive something of value in return.
    I love MSU and would contribute some this year but not this much if it weren?t for the premium seats.
    If you pay your pledge and aren't allowed to attend you'll be reimbursed

vCash
    Oh, okay - Thanks

vCash
    Hard to make a decision until we know how everything will work, including tailgating.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MafiaDawg View Post
    Hard to make a decision until we know how everything will work, including tailgating.
    I decided to renewal mine. I don't tailgate so that is not an issue. I figure if they play the attendance will be limited. I can probably sell a few of the tickets if I didn't want to go.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    That was not in the letter and I did not ask. However the impression I got was that if the stadium was 50% capacity you would have your seat. Also the way they talked they feel like if it got to 25% I would get in and have my seat. He said the letter went out before the email by mistake. They are creating an web site you will be able to got to. the letter went out too early. He also said don't pay pledge just yet. Not sure if that would be credited back.

I also got the impression that based on what tickets that did not get paid by July 15th they are expecting a lot of people to opt

out.
    I wonder if we are only playing the four conference games, will there be a reduction based on the three non conference game cancellations? This is such a mess ...

vCash

Same with me

Quote Originally Posted by AROB44 View Post
    Have paid for my tickets. Haven't gotten an email or letter.
    But I?m seriously considering opting out this year and starting over next year. Regardless what rules are in place, it?s going to be a major cluster****. We can?t even get people through metal detectors efficiently, how are they going to manage masks, and taking peoples temp and keeping people separated? This whole year has been one big cluster, I want a do over.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MafiaDawg View Post
    Rumor is no tailgating.

vCash
    Has anyone asked if you can use some of your tickets and opt out of some?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgbite View Post
    But I?m seriously considering opting out this year and starting over next year. Regardless what rules are in place, it?s going to be a major cluster****. We can?t even get people through metal detectors efficiently, how are they going to manage masks, and taking peoples temp and keeping people separated? This whole year has been one big cluster, I want a do over.
    i would imagine the metal detectors will be waived this season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezsoil View Post
    I wonder if we are only playing the four conference games, will there be a reduction based on the three non conference game cancellations? This is such a mess ...
    Last season I bought the tickets next to mine. It was an open seat and I paid the cost of that ticket plus pledge for the two games I bought the tickets for. I figure we will get a discount if there is only four games.

vCash
    If you choose to get tickets via mobile app how can you transfer the use of say ticket to a friend? Asking for a friend.

vCash
    I don't know if the mobile app provider that the university uses will work this way but recently when I have bought tickets to concerts from Stubhub they are transferred from original buyer to me thru the app. The seller will transfer thru email/Stubhub app and both parties confirm the transaction and they are available for use then.

vCash
    Yeah, but mine came in 2012.

vCash

Mobile Ticketing starts with football 2020

Looks like we are going to all mobile ticketing from now on. Does this put the scalpers out of business now? That's where I usually got my tickets from.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobile Bay View Post
    Looks like we are going to all mobile ticketing from now on. Does this put the scalpers out of business now? That's where I usually got my tickets from.
    I'd say the scalpers outside the gates are in trouble ..but the scalping that goes on from the web based third party entities will be in full force