Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UNC and football recruiting

vCash

UNC and football recruiting

Don't follow recruiting much. Ended up looking at some of it today. How is UNC recruiting as well as they are? They have 1- 5* and 11 or 12- 4*'s along with a bunch of high 3s.

Seems like that kind of came out of nowhere. Surely a coaching change wouldn't make that much of a difference even being Mac Brown.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Mack Brown is 1 of the better recruiting coaches of our generation. It also doesn't hurt this is an all time great North Carolina Class Instate. They have 17 commits with 14 being Instate. The 1 5* if from Virginia & not far from where Dre Bly, UNC DB Coach, grew up. He's also enrolling next month so he'll go to the 2020 class & their class will drop some. They're not doing anything crazy though but locking up home.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BB30 View Post
    Don't follow recruiting much. Ended up looking at some of it today. How is UNC recruiting as well as they are? They have 1- 5* and 11 or 12- 4*'s along with a bunch of high 3s.

Seems like that kind of came out of nowhere. Surely a coaching change wouldn't make that much of a difference even being Mac Brown.
    Just looking at the make-up of their class - looks like North Carolina is having a solid year for producing prospects, and UNC is benefiting. Throw in a 5 Star from VA, and they have a stellar class. The were #19th last year.
    I think Mack doesn't always get his due - the guy is a stellar coach with a Natty.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Remember this board making fun of the brown hire? It's looking pretty solid right now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Remember this board making fun of the brown hire? It's looking pretty solid right now.
    Its funny how Texas has made so many solid coaches look like clown shoes, lol.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    If I am not mistaken the last time Brown coached at NC they got as high as number 3 in the polls.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Its funny how Texas has made so many solid coaches look like clown shoes, lol.
    Mac won 158 games at a 77% clip at Texas and won a national title.............................

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Mac won 158 games at a 77% clip at Texas and won a national title.............................
    Oh, I know. I was referring to how they eventually ran him off and how they've basically been a shit show since.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Oh, I know. I was referring to how they eventually ran him off and how they've basically been a shit show since.
    I think it was time for Mack to go at Texas. He had a stretch where he won 10+ games 9 straight seasons. However, his last 4 Seasons he avg 7.5. I think his situation was similar to Les Miles. 2 guys who had done amazing things for the program it was just time to move on. They just haven't gotten the coaches to pick the train up back on the track of elite ness.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    I think it was time for Mack to go at Texas. He had a stretch where he won 10+ games 9 straight seasons. However, his last 4 Seasons he avg 7.5. I think his situation was similar to Les Miles. 2 guys who had done amazing things for the program it was just time to move on. They just haven't gotten the coaches to pick the train up back on the track of elite ness.
    Yeah, I can agree with that. Good Les comparison, too.

vCash
    Great school, great location, Mack runs a country club.

vCash
    It would be nice if there was a generational class like that in Mississippi and we cleaned up house like that.

vCash
    NC is loaded with talent this year and Covid has killed recruiting, so they're staying home.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    It would be nice if there was a generational class like that in Mississippi and we cleaned up house like that.
    It would be a lot easier if LSU wasn't to our left & Bama/Auburn to our right.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BB30 View Post

Well, one, Mack Brown is outstanding recruiter in terms of communication. Secondly, they have very, very good recruiters:

Tommy Thigpen, Jay Bateman, Robert Gillespie and Stacy Searels are very good and I bet it doesn't hurt to have one of the best college corners in the history of NCAA in Dre Bly

vCash
    It would be a lot easier if LSU wasn't to our left & Bama/Auburn to our right.
    I mean they have Clemson and Georgia right below them.

It would be nice to stop making excuses for recruiting in football for a change.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I mean they have Clemson and Georgia right below them.

It would be nice to stop making excuses for recruiting in football for a change.
    Lol 3 Top 10 recruiting programs surrounding your borders is an excuse now? Sure.

vCash
    NC won't win shit. Mack Brown's old ass will probably retire before this class finishes. The man was incoherent on tv. NC would be down the recruiting rankings if it weren't for Covid.

vCash
    Lol 3 Top 10 recruiting programs surrounding your borders is an excuse now? Sure.
    How many top 10 baseball programs border Mississippi? I can easily think of three.

vCash
    I'm more upset with Maryland's class right now(#18). We need some of those DL commits

#3 wde, #12,16,20 DT
    They can keep the 4 TE
    Last edited by SmokeyDawg; 07-18-2020 at 02:01 AM.