Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NCAA allowing toe FBS wins to count towards bowl eligibility

vCash

NCAA allowing toe FBS wins to count towards bowl eligibility

The plantation has hope.

vCash
    Counting toes for wins? that's a new one...

Banned
    vCash
    Here's the actual details:

Two wins against FCS count. Also FCS scholly % relaxes from 90% to 80% over two year average.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobaDawg View Post
    Counting toes for wins? that's a new one...
    This little piggy went to Belk. This little piggy stayed home.

vCash
    Time to call up Mississippi Valley State.

vCash
    hate that b/c I hate those games with a passion. Almost prefer a bye week. This will encourage AD's to keep scheduling them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    hate that b/c I hate those games with a passion. Almost prefer a bye week. This will encourage AD's to keep scheduling them.
    I'm more interested in playing Mississippi Valley than I am NC State to be honest with you.

Not every game has to be against a challenging opponent.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Time to call up Mississippi Valley State.
    I will restate what I have said before. I am ok with it if we play eight SEC teams, two in-State teams, Tulane, and Indiana every year. Have six winnable games built in every year.
    Last edited by Barkman Turner Overdrive; 07-15-2020 at 08:52 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I'm more interested in playing Mississippi Valley than I am NC State to be honest with you.

Not every game has to be against a challenging opponent.
    That boggles my mind. A lot of people share your opinion. But I have no interest in watching us play Valley or Alabama A&M or even teams like New Mexico.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Barkman Turner Overdrive View Post
    I will restate what I have said before. I am ok with it if we play eight SEC teams, two in-State teams, Tulane, and Indiana every year. Have six winnable games built in every year.
    Just so I'm clear with your thought process and others who think like you, you are fine playing 4 dog shit games to be sure we are eligible for some dog shit, meaningless bowl game? I used to think that way back in 2000, but now the playoffs have made nearly all bowl games meaningless. Not to mention there are 50 bowls and it's a money machine for bowl people.

vCash
    I hope this is a good sign that means we are playing football this fall.

vCash
    Just so I'm clear with your thought process and others who think like you, you are fine playing 4 dog shit games to be sure we are eligible for some dog shit, meaningless bowl game? I used to think that way back in 2000, but now the playoffs have made nearly all bowl games meaningless. Not to mention there are 50 bowls and it's a money machine for bowl people.
    I love this bravado man. Way to be!

Of course, in real life you and everyone else will be bitching if we lose a challenging non-conference and struggle to make bowl eligibility. And then that negativity impacts the program and recruiting and young players get less garbage time pt and potentially miss out on bowl practices and through all of this you enter a vicious cycle of bitching and whining about the program.

Give me 4 winnable non-conference and a bowl and let the team get up for the big SEC games healthy and confident after feasting on cupcake.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Walkerhill View Post

Of course, in real life you and everyone else will be bitching if we lose a challenging non-conference and struggle to make bowl eligibility. And then that negativity impacts the program and recruiting and young players get less garbage time pt and potentially miss out on bowl practices and through all of this you enter a vicious cycle of bitching and whining about the program.

Give me 4 winnable non-conference and a bowl and let the team get up for the big SEC games healthy and confident after feasting on cupcake.
    This is the smart thought process. We ain’t Bama.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Walkerhill View Post

Speak for yourself buttercup. I live in reality and don't get excited about beating Alabama A&M. Nor do I get aroused by going to the Liberty Bowl.

vCash
    Speak for yourself buttercup. I live in reality and don't get excited about beating Alabama A&M. Nor do I get aroused by going to the Liberty Bowl.
    And playing cupcakes doesn't help you beat Bama and LSU. There is a reason Saban starts week 1 with a challenge. It keeps kids focused.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    And playing cupcakes doesn't help you beat Bama and LSU. There is a reason Saban starts week 1 with a challenge. It keeps kids focused.
    My man.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    Bama opens the season against Georgia State and also has Kent State and UT Martin on the schedule.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg View Post
    Bama opens the season against Georgia State and also has Kent State and UT Martin on the schedule.
    So no acknowledgement on how much you ****ed up the title. I love it!
    "We will have no problem in handling Kentucky."-Turfdawg67. MSU suffered a 27-17 defeat in 2022 with 225 yards in total offense.

vCash
    That boggles my mind. A lot of people share your opinion. But I have no interest in watching us play Valley or Alabama A&M or even teams like New Mexico.
    I'll just choose to respond to this and speaking indirectly of the other comments.

Yes, I have more interest in watching MSU play SWAC teams than NC State. Probably personal to a degree since I grew up watching Sports Journal and Rob Jay who made the SWAC sound like the coolest football league ever. I would prefer in state SWAC teams over Alabama A&M but I understand the issues with JSU wanting too much money and Valley not having enough scholarships to qualify for bowl eligibility. I guarantee you our players would rather play an in state SWAC team over say Stephen F Austin because some of them grew up pulling for some of them I'm sure and they know players on those teams moreso than other schools.

Now as far as the "meaningless" bowl games- the bowls are probably the biggest reason why our program has steadily been elevating itself over the past decade. MSU gets millions of much needed money for playing in one. It's odd to me that you say that a bowl game against a team like Louisville, Iowa, Michigan, Georgia Tech, and etc. are "meaningless" yet you advocate for playing a "meaningless" regular season game against those teams which would cost MSU more in money and exposure while not helping to elevate the program. Bowl games are about as close as we are going to come to having full exposure on the football program in this day and age because of the time slots.

The people that share my opinion are the ones that know what's best for MSU as a program and want to see it continue to grow. Going 4-8 every year and bragging about having the most difficult schedule in college football doesn't help MSU. We essentially are scheduling the same way Alabama is right now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    I hope this is a good sign that means we are playing football this fall.
    Kobe Jones on Twitter- I know player's on Twitter- said today that we need to play a full schedule. Other players have said something similar about wanting to play. While they won't be making a decision I think it shows that they want to do it and don't feel unsafe about it.

Coach O told Mike Pence that the country needs football. Of course Dan Wolken disagreed.