Thread: Mississippi pushes back high school football season 2 weeks; Start date now Sept. 4

vCash

Mississippi pushes back high school football season 2 weeks; Start date now Sept. 4

vCash
    That is really good news and leaves hope.

vCash
    Smart.

vCash
    Will be nice to wake up after a the first Friday night to some college football the next day

vCash
    It should have been that way to begin with. Those first two or three high school games when my kids were in school were BRUTAL. I worked the concession stand flipping burgers and dogs. HOT was an understatement.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    It should have been that way to begin with. Those first two or three high school games when my kids were in school were BRUTAL. I worked the concession stand flipping burgers and dogs. HOT was an understatement.
    Yeah we play football when it's a gazillion degrees and baseball when it's freezing! Haha!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    agree. Also 9 games is plenty for high school athletes especially with the extended playoffs.

vCash
    It’ll be 8

vCash
    Hope Tennessee does the same. In fact, that's the way it was growing up. First game around Labor Day. I would like to go back to that anyway.

vCash
    The extra 2 weeks comes into play because kids need time to get back in shape. Our kids havent been able to work out consistently this summer and I imagine many other programs have faced the same problems. Some kids havent done any type of workout since March.

It's time to get things moving again
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    The extra 2 weeks comes into play because kids need time to get back in shape. Our kids havent been able to work out consistently this summer and I imagine many other programs have faced the same problems. Some kids havent done any type of workout since March.

Inconsistent to say the least. A lot of our kids got jobs to help out at home that haven’t had to get jobs in the past. Definitely been a bad summer for workouts and practices, but from people I’ve talked to it’s the same everywhere

vCash

I see a lot of the Brandon High School football players working out at my gym.

vCash

Most have been going since June 1 or the week after. You can throw whatever lifting you did in the offseason away but they are in good enough shape to start on time, this was talked about in the meeting. If they aint it is the programs fault IMO

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    agree. Also 9 games is plenty for high school athletes especially with the extended playoffs.
    It will be 10 for some 6A teams.

vCash
    September is where high school football should have been starting all along. Mid- August is way to hot!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    Most have been going since June 1 or the week after. You can throw whatever lifting you did in the offseason away but they are in good enough shape to start on time, this was talked about in the meeting. If they aint it is the programs fault IMO
    That’s not really true. A lot of teams have had to stop at times due to CHinese Virus concerns. Our AD has suspended summer workouts for sports 3 different weeks this summer. Our kids haven’t been able to workout for 2 weeks now. We aren’t the only school that’s had that happen
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is