Thread: Here's what I want the SEC to do

vCash

Here's what I want the SEC to do

1. Tell the Big 10 to **** off.

2. Play 8 conference games. Everyone ask their OOC to let the SEC know by August first if they intend on playing football this year. If the answer is no and there is enough space for an extra conference game or two- make it happen. If not play as many games as possible.

3. Go full bore into the season.

4. Tell Dan "Woke"n, Darren Rovell, Pat Forde, and any other media loudmouth to **** off.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post

2. Play 8 conference games. Everyone ask their OOC to let the SEC know by August first if they intend on playing football this year. If the answer is no and there is enough space for an extra conference game or two- make it happen. If not play as many games as possible.

4. Tell Dan "Woke"n, Darren Rovell, Pat Forde, and any other media loudmouth to **** off.
    I don't know what the perfect answer is and no one does. Lots of complicated details. We can't even get enough tests for the general population, should we be using extra tests on college athletes? I don't know. People's health, economy, caring for others, the rest of the student body, lots of complicated impacts.

I think they gotta decide before long to go one way or the other. Can't ease into this, just do it or back out and move on. Kinda like jumping in a cold pool, just jump or go sit down.

vCash
    Play the eight conference games (or more) and then play USM, Alcorn, etc (in state teams)

vCash
    SEC round robin

vCash
    Absolute worst case make our own bubble in ATL and play it like Hoover double elimination tournament with a month to prepare

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post

I want to play. Matter of fact thing we should play. But we aren't playing.
    ETA I don't think a whole lot will change between now and this time next year. Sure maybe a vaccine. Yes for sure an election. But cases will still be w us. The difference then will be oh, ok we gotta go on. Just imo. Which, is as good as anyone here because nobody knows what the hell. Just look for yourselves
    Last edited by Homedawg; 07-13-2020 at 09:27 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    Absolute worst case make our own bubble in ATL and play it like Hoover double elimination tournament with a month to prepare
    So you gonna bubble them in a town for a semester?? Really.

vCash
    Tell everybody to 17 off. Enforce contracts, and play football. The chances of a player catching it while playing are minuscule compared to these players living their normal life. They are not isolating and that's just a fact.

vCash
    Most of the players have been isolating in the Cotton District a good part of the summer...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    I want to play. Matter of fact thing we should play. But we aren't playing.
    ETA I don't think a whole lot will change between now and this time next year. Sure maybe a vaccine. Yes for sure an election. But cases will still be w us. The difference then will be oh, ok we gotta go on. Just imo. Which, is as good as anyone here because nobody knows what the hell. Just look for yourselves
    People are already getting there we gotta go on.

It's so stupid to me. Pro sports- playing. High school sports- probably playing. Travel ball- playing. College sports- CANCEL THE SEASON!

vCash
    Not saying i disagree. But it's not gonna happen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    Most of the players have been isolating in the Cotton District a good part of the summer...
    I hear that's a popular isolation spot ha!

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Well there are people saying no to high school ball too. NFL is different due to the 1000s of contracts. I say let them play and just don't have fans.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    We will know here pretty soon. Personally I think there will be something on the playing field. When and how I don't know but too many players futures are on the line. They will find a way to get them on the field.

vCash
    The SEC won't make that decision. I don't know why y'all cant understand that. All it takes is one state to say no. Two already have if we stay where we are. There will be others The best thing we can do is wear a mask.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    So you gonna bubble them in a town for a semester?? Really.
    No. It lasts a month maybe. Do it just like Hoover or the basketball tournament. Obviously football is much more physical so you cannot play back to back days but you could play twice in a week if you had to. Seed it 1-14 based on something It would not really matter to me and play.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    No. It lasts a month maybe. Do it just like Hoover or the basketball tournament. Obviously football is much more physical so you cannot play back to back days but you could play twice in a week if you had to. Seed it 1-14 based on something It would not really matter to me and play.
    Make it a six SEC game season. Play only your division over six weeks. Start in November. The champions from both play championship game before christmas. Just throwing that out there.