Thread: Seems the NFL

vCash

Seems the NFL

Has an Issue with incendiary tweets from players demonstrating antisemitism. Preston Smith, DeSean Jackson, and maybe others (not looking it up).

I think it should be addressed head on. Suspensions, sensitivity training, maybe put the name of holocaust victims on jerseys?

Something needs to be done to show solidarity with a group that has been persecuted for the last few thousand years. They are arguably the most persecuted group in human history. Cannot believe there hasnt been more outrage over the tweets.

vCash
    Unfortunately, I can believe it.

vCash
    I agree with you 100% but nothing is going to be done other than a statement saying they had a poor choice of words. Since there's no outrage from 95% of the national media they really don't care.

vCash
    Messing with God's chosen people is not wise.
    Praise The Lord and Go Dawgs!!!

vCash
    So long as they don't say I support the police or all lives matter they're good.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcoRubio View Post
    Has an Issue with incendiary tweets from players demonstrating antisemitism. Preston Smith, DeSean Jackson, and maybe others (not looking it up).

I think it should be addressed head on. Suspensions, sensitivity training, maybe put the name of holocaust victims on jerseys?

Something needs to be done to show solidarity with a group that has been persecuted for the last few thousand years. They are arguably the most persecuted group in human history. Cannot believe there hasnt been more outrage over the tweets.
    Ordinarily, I'd say the player should be able to say what he wants about any subject. But since there's so much hypersensitivity with other similar minority matters, then punishment for Preston's actions should be just as severe.

vCash

Agree

Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    Ordinarily, I'd say the player should be able to say what he wants about any subject. But since there's so much hypersensitivity with other similar minority matters, then punishment for Preston's actions should be just as severe.
    There were people calling for Leach to lose his job over a meme that MIGHT could be INTERPRETED to be racially insensitive.

These guys were retweeting/quoting Farrakhan and 17ing HITLER! Statements that directly dehumanize, without any interpretation or implication, Jewish people.

Shannon Sharpe said Leach should have known better than to send the meme and these 2 clowns shouldnt have known better than to retweet Farrakhan and Hitler???

Hypocrisy doesnt do it justice...

vCash
    I know Jemele Hill is not particularly a popular person here, but this is a solid article from her, and is apropos to the discussion.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/ar...d-mine/614095/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    I know Jemele Hill is not particularly a popular person here, but this is a solid article from her, and is apropos to the discussion.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/ar...d-mine/614095/
    Interesting article. My take is if nobody else is allowed to have some leniency for things they may have said or tweeted even 10 years ago then why should these guys receive leniency for "not understanding"? You can't have your cake and eat it too.

Either everyone should be required to play by the same rules or nobody should. I am mostly tired of the unbelievable hypocrisy that is happening in our country right now.

vCash
    Give them a chance to repent and make amends (sincerely), and if they won't do it, cut them. Disappointingly, that would include Preston too.

I don't know that it's appropriate for this to be official league policy (because where would the line be drawn), but the GMs of those teams should step up and do the right thing. That shit has no place in America or any other modern society.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcoRubio View Post

No contest, most persecuted people in world history for 6000 years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msbulldog View Post
    Messing with God's chosen people is not wise.
    Foolish

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg View Post
    So long as they don't say I support the police or all lives matter they're good.
    Sad but true

vCash
    What's the NFL??

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    Foolish
    I agree. It’s extremely foolish and they will pay the ultimate price.