Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: State vs Ole Miss 2019

vCash

State vs Ole Miss 2019

On SEC network right now. Makes me remember how glad I am that Moorhead has moved on.

vCash
    I'm watching it too. Our offense was so hard to watch.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    And sloooooooooowwwww

vCash
    As bad as we were though, om was soooo much worse!! The game was NOWHERE near as close as the score indicated!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    And sloooooooooowwwww
    Painfully slow!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripp McNeely View Post
    As bad as we were though, om was soooo much worse!! The game was NOWHERE near as close as the score indicated!
    I agree, this game should've been much more one sided score wise.

vCash
    I know he came in and threw a pick, but if Corral plays the whole game, they probably win. He's a better QB than JRP. That said, we were the better team. We were just poorly coached.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    I know he came in and threw a pick, but if Corral plays the whole game, they probably win. He's a better QB than JRP. That said, we were the better team. We were just poorly coached.
    Is it just me or did the announcers make plumlee seem like the second coming of Tebow? GeeZ

vCash
    Is it just me or did the announcers make plumlee seem like the second coming of Tebow? GeeZ
    I don't get the hype. Yeah, he's quick but he can't hit the broad side of the barn throwing the football. If you want to stop him, watch Shoop's game plan from that night.

vCash
    Painfully slow!!!
    It boggles the mind, really. What about "his offense" did Joe think was so great? I know it worked in the past, so I guess the answer is some guys are just better as coordinators than HCs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    It boggles the mind, really. What about "his offense" did Joe think was so great? I know it worked in the past, so I guess the answer is some guys are just better as coordinators than HCs.
    That's a really good question. The only answer I can come up with is that he didn't face sec type DLs very often before.

vCash
    I don't get the hype. Yeah, he's quick but he can't hit the broad side of the barn throwing the football. If you want to stop him, watch Shoop's game plan from that night.
    Shoops game plan was awesome against them. Brought pressure from the edges to force Plumlee to stay inside and not get out in space. Plumlee is a very good athlete but he's not a ab. I heard them compare him to favre, manziel and Vick all in one sentence. Amazing!

vCash
    Joe struck me as someone that was pretty insecure. Maybe it was because he knew he was in over his head. I don't know.

But it seemed like he was always trying to make this perfect Bill Walsh-esque play call trying to impress everyone with how smart he was. The result was usually our team standing around for 30 seconds waiting to find out what to run. And what confused me about that is in theory if you run a RPO the "defense should always be wrong" because either the pass should be there or if not- either the QB run or handing it off should be there. So why change unless it's a dire situation and you have to throw the ball downfield to come back or something like that?

Nick Fitzgerald had an interview that shed the light on what many said before. Basically we went from Dan Mullen and his staff cussing and yelling at our guys all the time to Moorhead coming in and wanting to be everyone's friend and a lot of our guys took that as "weakness" and took advantage of it to paraphrase Fitz.

Ultimately it was like Cohen said when he fired him- he just wasn't a fit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripp McNeely View Post
    Yeah. That busted coverage made it a LOT closer because we were pretty much running on them ALL NIGHT LONG. We won the turnover battle.

Again- with SEC average S&C and discipline we probably beat them 35-10 or something like that. We also dropped a punt that basically gave them a short field and gifted them another TD as well. So add SEC average ST in there as well although that was one of our better games ST wise.

Ole Miss was basically devoid of any talent outside of Ealy, Plumlee, and maybe Elijah Moore.

vCash
    Y'all can call me crazy but I honestly believe Nick Gibson was a more explosive back than
    Kylin and I'm not knocking Kylin but I think Nick was underused.

vCash
    Y'all can call me crazy but I honestly believe Nick Gibson was a more explosive back than
    For that game he was as good as Kylin. I think some of that was because it was senior night honestly which gave him more of a bump. He was a good back and probably was still underutilized though.

The top five thing that Moorhead did really limited how we used our personnel. We wasted Malik Dear last year whether we used him at receiver or back.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    For that game he was as good as Kylin. I think some of that was because it was senior night honestly which gave him more of a bump. He was a good back and probably was still underutilized though.

The top five thing that Moorhead did really limited how we used our personnel. We wasted Malik Dear last year whether we used him at receiver or back.
    Nicks feet have always looked quicker to me than Kylin and I bet his 40 time is better, but you're right joe really limited what we did personnel wise.

vCash
    Kylin tried too hard that game. There were several instances where he could've plowed ahead for several yards, but tried to go East to West, and they gobbled him up. Gibson was a very good back.

vCash
    Kylin tried too hard that game. There were several instances where he could've plowed ahead for several yards, but tried to go East to West, and they gobbled him up. Gibson was a very good back.
    Wish joe would've used them in some 2 back sets but oh well. We've had quality rbs for quite awhile now and I like it.

vCash
    Dumber move by Elijah Moore...the leg hike or the ?fair catch? Signal...after he caught the ball??? I?d argue the latter!