Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Country Needs Sports So Bad Right Now

Banned
    vCash
    The country doesn't need sports. You need sports. Your reality is threatened and you want everything for you to go back to normal.

Your normal is considered a luxury to others in this country. That's not an indictment on you, that's an indictment on this country. Your normal should be everyone's normal. Shouldn't have to think every interaction with a cop is more dangerous than driving through the hood.

It's funny. People begged for the "rioting and looting" to stop because they said its diluting the message. Well it stopped and now the protests get no coverage while the cops ended their curfew so stopped having any free reason to beat protestors. The three cops that murdered Breonna Taylor STILL walk free and there is no work towards any actual change. Just fluff shit like organizational name changes.

Almost like the thing "normal americans" wanted (rioting stopping) allowed them to ignore it. It's not until you disrupt normal Americans that people take shit seriously. Look at Corona. Wasn't taken seriously until the NBA said nope. Sports comes back and people will just ignore covid protocols and we'll be back to normal: cops beating and killing unchecked and as long it's not someone you care about, you could give a **** about covid.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dantheman4248 View Post
    The country doesn't need sports. You need sports. Your reality is threatened and you want everything for you to go back to normal.

Your normal is considered a luxury to others in this country. That's not an indictment on you, that's an indictment on this country. Your normal should be everyone's normal. Shouldn't have to think every interaction with a cop is more dangerous than driving through the hood.

It's funny. People begged for the "rioting and looting" to stop because they said its diluting the message. Well it stopped and now the protests get no coverage while the cops ended their curfew so stopped having any free reason to beat protestors. The three cops that murdered Breonna Taylor STILL walk free and there is no work towards any actual change. Just fluff shit like organizational name changes.

Almost like the thing "normal americans" wanted (rioting stopping) allowed them to ignore it. It's not until you disrupt normal Americans that people take shit seriously. Look at Corona. Wasn't taken seriously until the NBA said nope. Sports comes back and people will just ignore covid protocols and we'll be back to normal: cops beating and killing unchecked and as long it's not someone you care about, you could give a **** about covid.
    I feel the passion man. I have no idea what's like to be in a black person's shoes & don't pretend to.

I would ask though: what do black tangibly want? Saying equality doesn't work because that's subjective & thus the protests never stop. Also, stopping all cop/black people killings is a tough one as well due to it not statistically being a problem. I'm sure we can improve things with more police training, but it's highly likely that there will likely be at least one bad apple cop somewhere that'll do something stupid every once in a while.

I hear your anger & frankly don't disagree with it, but I would like to know what would need to happen for you to not be angry anymore?

Thanks
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    We need sports. It's an outlet of stress and brief vacation from everyday stuff for a few hours a day. Lot of folks need the mental therapy sports provides.
    This is me. I need sports bad

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    I feel the passion man. I have no idea what's like to be in a black person's shoes & don't pretend to.

I would ask though: what do black tangibly want? Saying equality doesn't work because that's subjective & thus the protests never stop. Also, stopping all cop/black people killings is a tough one as well due to it not statistically being a problem. I'm sure we can improve things with more police training, but it's highly likely that there will likely be at least one bad apple cop somewhere that'll do something stupid every once in a while.

I hear your anger & frankly don't disagree with it, but I would like to know what would need to happen for you to not be angry anymore?

Thanks
    Ban chokeholds.

Require cameras at all times. Partner with twitch if you have to. I've heard a lot of bs run around against this and looking at the capabilities of streaming sites, I call horseshit. (Internet companies and phone companies should be able to reach everywhere so along with that and satellites we should be able to get all the data out there. Some entrepreneur with the capital should see this need and make a smart play.)

Delegate police into separate departments that have nothing to do with each other. Traffic cops should only do traffic. They are only looking for speeding / traffic violations. No searches. Smell / dogs is not legitimate.

Legalize and regulate most drugs. Victimless crimes should not result in jail time. Fix the 13th amendment. Slavery should be illegal in all forms. No loophole for prisoners (this would have the biggest side effect of effectively combatting racism.)

Lethal force should not be the default. If a cop has to have his hand on his pistol to do a traffic stop then that scared pos needs to be nowhere near a gun.

No leniency (qualified immunity) that is so egregiously allowing abuse by police. They are trained extra. They should be expected to handle themselves better than the average human. So why do they get easier treatment?

Take away all the toy spending. Tanks. Sonic abuse machines. Riot gear. It's like they are ready to go to war w/ the populace.

If good cops want to be seen as good then don't defend bad cops. Otherwise you are complicit and guilty by association as well as aiding and abetting.

Lot of these steps are easy to take now and can iron out kinks and harder ones later. They won't even go for the easy ones that should be readily agreeable. Even after all the protests, riots, and looting.

vCash
    Breathe Act wants reparations, disband police in 5 years, no federal prisons, no ICE, and no gang data base.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Breathe Act wants reparations, disband police in 5 years, no federal prisons, no ICE, and no gang data base.
    There's dumb 17 legislation introduced everyday that's going nowhere. Judging the average Dem based on something introduced by Tlaib is as ludicrous as judging the average Republican based on Steve King. I promise, if people stop looking to be politically angry all the time, they'd see we aren't as polarized as your loud Facebook friends say.

vCash
    This country needs a Xanax and Jesus.

vCash
    Exacerbating the issue to relieve stress doesn't seem like the right move to me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bluelightstar View Post
    There's dumb 17 legislation introduced everyday that's going nowhere. Judging the average Dem based on something introduced by Tlaib is as ludicrous as judging the average Republican based on Steve King. I promise, if people stop looking to be politically angry all the time, they'd see we aren't as polarized as your loud Facebook friends say.
    Yep.

vCash
    Ban chokeholds.

Require cameras at all times. Partner with twitch if you have to. I've heard a lot of bs run around against this and looking at the capabilities of streaming sites, I call horseshit. (Internet companies and phone companies should be able to reach everywhere so along with that and satellites we should be able to get all the data out there. Some entrepreneur with the capital should see this need and make a smart play.)

Delegate police into separate departments that have nothing to do with each other. Traffic cops should only do traffic. They are only looking for speeding / traffic violations. No searches. Smell / dogs is not legitimate.

Legalize and regulate most drugs. Victimless crimes should not result in jail time. Fix the 13th amendment. Slavery should be illegal in all forms. No loophole for prisoners (this would have the biggest side effect of effectively combatting racism.)

Lethal force should not be the default. If a cop has to have his hand on his pistol to do a traffic stop then that scared pos needs to be nowhere near a gun.

No leniency (qualified immunity) that is so egregiously allowing abuse by police. They are trained extra. They should be expected to handle themselves better than the average human. So why do they get easier treatment?

Take away all the toy spending. Tanks. Sonic abuse machines. Riot gear. It's like they are ready to go to war w/ the populace.

If good cops want to be seen as good then don't defend bad cops. Otherwise you are complicit and guilty by association as well as aiding and abetting.

Lot of these steps are easy to take now and can iron out kinks and harder ones later. They won't even go for the easy ones that should be readily agreeable. Even after all the protests, riots, and looting.
    Some decent ideas here.

- I'm fine with legalizing Marijuana but addictive drugs higher than Marijuana have no place in society. 90% of crime is drug related. So, it isn't a victimless crime. Not even close.

- It's important to remember that the cop has a right to protect themselves & go home to their family. By law, a cop has a +1 rule when it comes to altercations to give the cop in the upper hand. If the criminal has a fist, the cop gets a baton. If the criminal has a bat, the cop gets a taser, if the criminal has a taser, the cop gets a guy. The cop has the right to a +1.

- I don't know what heavy cop equipment is even an issue here. None of that has been used in any of these cases. If anything, that equipment works far more as a deterrent than it's actually used

- If having a guy is within the +1 law, then lethal force is absolutely on the table. If it's just a traffic stop, then probably not.

Some good ideas here, but I think it's important to realize that the cop has a right to live & protect himself as well.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Some decent ideas here.

- I'm fine with legalizing Marijuana but addictive drugs higher than Marijuana have no place in society. 90% of crime is drug related. So, it isn't a victimless crime. Not even close.

- It's important to remember that the cop has a right to protect themselves & go home to their family. By law, a cop has a +1 rule when it comes to altercations to give the cop in the upper hand. If the criminal has a fist, the cop gets a baton. If the criminal has a bat, the cop gets a taser, if the criminal has a taser, the cop gets a guy. The cop has the right to a +1.

- I don't know what heavy cop equipment is even an issue here. None of that has been used in any of these cases. If anything, that equipment works far more as a deterrent than it's actually used

- If having a guy is within the +1 law, then lethal force is absolutely on the table. If it's just a traffic stop, then probably not.

Some good ideas here, but I think it's important to realize that the cop has a right to live & protect himself as well.
    I'm not saying make meth legal per se. My main overall point that I've settled on myself is that the prison system is the driving factor that if reformed would have the domino effect of fixing a lot of issues wrong with our society.

If only violent crime offenders went to jail (and then weren't necessarily forced into slavery at that point) then I believe a lot of these interactions would be more peaceful. A cop catches you with crack and now it's a trip to rehab / a place where you do community service as your job instead of doing hard time in prison makes someone think twice before turning the situation violent to escape. Once you're in the prison system, you are way too likely to go back in, no matter the crime.

"90% of crime is drug related. So it isn't a victimless crime." Was there supposed to be a qualifier to that 90%? Because as it stands if true, that statement says a whole lot when you think critically about the 13th amendment allowing slavery for those who commit crimes. Almost like we had to come up with new crimes to keep the free prison labor.

+1 is something that is nice in theory but I'm not so sure it works as good as it should in practice. What's the perfect answer here? I'm not sure. But I am very averse to anyone being J/J/E. We have due process for a reason.

Heavy cop equipment is an issue in the monetary department mainly. We spend so much on that but so little on teachers. That's what my gripe is there. Especially for the "how could we pay for extra XYZ crowd."

Following the dollar is always key and the dollar is made off the slave labor as always. Has never changed, we just decided that instead of black people being slaves it's now "bad" people.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    Yep

vCash

I agree with the first part that some people are willing to do whatever to get their sports back. I am to the point now, I could care less. Yeah I'd like it back without the political grandstanding or whatever but that ain't gonna happen.

However, their is no movement of justice. There is no truth to those protesting that black lives matter or any lives matter. There have been no protest over the countless people mostly black killed in these cities since the rioting started. They don't care and the movement is complete hypocrisy. Only goal is to destroy America and its ideals which are noble and unparalleled in civilized societies of world history. That is not what any of the BLM group wants.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    Yes and an enema wouldn't hurt either.

vCash
    Yes and an enema wouldn't hurt either.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Beardo, you're still the funniest dude on here! Bless you!

vCash
    Beardo, you're still the funniest dude on here! Bless you!
    I have to agree!!!

vCash
    The country needs legalized weed. It would chill everybody out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Between bourbon, IPA’s, and then weed...... I don’t know if I would make it!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Where you been man? I was getting worried about you.