Quote Originally Posted by dantheman4248 View Post
Ban chokeholds.

Require cameras at all times. Partner with twitch if you have to. I've heard a lot of bs run around against this and looking at the capabilities of streaming sites, I call horseshit. (Internet companies and phone companies should be able to reach everywhere so along with that and satellites we should be able to get all the data out there. Some entrepreneur with the capital should see this need and make a smart play.)

Delegate police into separate departments that have nothing to do with each other. Traffic cops should only do traffic. They are only looking for speeding / traffic violations. No searches. Smell / dogs is not legitimate.

Legalize and regulate most drugs. Victimless crimes should not result in jail time. Fix the 13th amendment. Slavery should be illegal in all forms. No loophole for prisoners (this would have the biggest side effect of effectively combatting racism.)

Lethal force should not be the default. If a cop has to have his hand on his pistol to do a traffic stop then that scared pos needs to be nowhere near a gun.

No leniency (qualified immunity) that is so egregiously allowing abuse by police. They are trained extra. They should be expected to handle themselves better than the average human. So why do they get easier treatment?

Take away all the toy spending. Tanks. Sonic abuse machines. Riot gear. It's like they are ready to go to war w/ the populace.

If good cops want to be seen as good then don't defend bad cops. Otherwise you are complicit and guilty by association as well as aiding and abetting.

Lot of these steps are easy to take now and can iron out kinks and harder ones later. They won't even go for the easy ones that should be readily agreeable. Even after all the protests, riots, and looting.
Some decent ideas here.

- I'm fine with legalizing Marijuana but addictive drugs higher than Marijuana have no place in society. 90% of crime is drug related. So, it isn't a victimless crime. Not even close.

- It's important to remember that the cop has a right to protect themselves & go home to their family. By law, a cop has a +1 rule when it comes to altercations to give the cop in the upper hand. If the criminal has a fist, the cop gets a baton. If the criminal has a bat, the cop gets a taser, if the criminal has a taser, the cop gets a guy. The cop has the right to a +1.

- I don't know what heavy cop equipment is even an issue here. None of that has been used in any of these cases. If anything, that equipment works far more as a deterrent than it's actually used

- If having a guy is within the +1 law, then lethal force is absolutely on the table. If it's just a traffic stop, then probably not.

Some good ideas here, but I think it's important to realize that the cop has a right to live & protect himself as well.