Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
We need a vaccine, until then everyone in this country needs to limit their exposure.

My experience with the covid is different than most of you. Remember when Nick Bell died? Imagine if this type of talk leads to the people in charge pushing for football to be played, and it results in a death of a player. Now I also believe in personal choice. If the players on the team all agree that playing is what they want to do... then who am I to tell them no. It is their risk. I am not going to go to the games with the tightly packed stands regardless. Chances are, all of the players could get this and be perfectly fine. I am not going to push to make that decision for them.
This is the type of thought which keeps holding everything, including sports, back. Exposure to covid is not instant death. Very far from it, actually. The swine flu had a significantly higher death rate for people 65 and younger but life went on as normal. Keeping schools shutdown, people locked away inside and everything at a standstill will cause more damage than covid ever could on its own. I wouldn't hold my breath on that mythical vaccine.