Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Just a little info

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    Masks. What a freakin argument point this has become. I will say this about masks, my wife is a nurse. Her hospital staff has been treating COVID patients for what, 5 months now? Staff members are around positive patients all day every day. They all wear masks 100% of the time, distance as much as possible, and wash hands regularly!!! One nurse has caught the virus in those 5 months. One.
    I believe all three of those together make the difference.
    I believe in masks and I dont discount they help but it is damn naive for people to say that if we had just worn masks the last few weeks this would all be over.

vCash
    It wouldn’t be over, HOWEVER, cases wouldn’t be as high. That’s just a fact.

I agree with a previous poster. My sister is a nurse in Oxford that works on the COVID floor and there has not been a single healthcare professional to contract COVID

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    Not really sure what to address here or if anything needs to be addressed.
    Listen to the scientist. This isnwhat they do. Just because someone isn't showing symptoms does not mean they are not a threat to the next person. The next person could literally die if they come in contact with this player. Right now there is no way to know. Covid, as far as any of us know, has presented symptoms with a wide array of effects. Some people do not even get a cough, others sit dormant for 2 weeks and then have to be put in a medically induced coma. The scientist are working to gain a working knowledge of this virus, but that takes time and early assumptions are constantly getting proven and disproven as we get deeper in this. So please, I beg everyone, wear a mask, stay away from other people, and wash your hands. Those are the three best ways to limit the spread. Unless you have had this already, no one has immunity to it. No ones immune system has what it needs to stop it. If you come in contact with it, you will get it. Those are all facts. Do not let the constant noise convince you itherwise.

Pandemics are special circumstances. We all are going to have to sacrifice for our fellow neighbor. That is American. That is Christian. That is the spirit in which MS has operated for my entire life. The hospitality state should be ready to get uncomfortable if it means we slow this virus down.
    Yeah...this isn?t true. My best friends wife had it about 3 months ago. He ****ed the hell out of her a day before she tested because a co-worker had it. She tested positive. She continued to test positive for 2 months. She barely had the sniffles. Their four kids stayed with her because he works out of town. Neither he nor the children ever tested positive for covid and they were tested every week.

We need to be careful. Masks will help but this isn?t the end of the world the way some of you are making it out to be...it?s just not. We need to keep those that are aged and/or immuno-compromised safe. Everyone else needs to get the **** back to work and life.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    Yeah...this isn?t true. My best friends wife had it about 3 months ago. He ****ed the hell out of her a day before she tested because a co-worker had it. She tested positive. She continued to test positive for 2 months. She barely had the sniffles. Their four kids stayed with her because he works out of town. Neither he nor the children ever tested positive for covid and they were tested every week.

We need to be careful. Masks will help but this isn?t the end of the world the way some of you are making it out to be...it?s just not. We need to keep those that are aged and/or immuno-compromised safe. Everyone else needs to get the **** back to work and life.
    You need to let me buy you one of your favorite beverages one day(I don't drink but whatever you like). I believe I would enjoy chatting with you.

Our Pretentious Preacher preachermatt83's Avatar
    vCash
    Live life. Stop letting the govt control our lives.
    Romans 5:8

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    Hey preacher hope you're well!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    You need to let me buy you one of your favorite beverages one day(I don't drink but whatever you like). I believe I would enjoy chatting with you.
    We need to have an elite dawg tailgate one day. I’d love to hang out talk with a bunch y’all. It’d be good times.

vCash
    Back to baseball news about a msu testing positive and has no systems. One of the players who was with the one postive also got his test back but came back negative. I ask could he go back to school and start his workouts again and the staff said no. Has to be quarantined for 14 days. He will be back the 23rd.

Not sure why he has to be quarantined when test where negative. But I suppose its best to be safe than sorry.

vCash
    Listen to the scientist. This isnwhat they do. Just because someone isn't showing symptoms does not mean they are not a threat to the next person. The next person could literally die if they come in contact with this player. Right now there is no way to know. Covid, as far as any of us know, has presented symptoms with a wide array of effects. Some people do not even get a cough, others sit dormant for 2 weeks and then have to be put in a medically induced coma. The scientist are working to gain a working knowledge of this virus, but that takes time and early assumptions are constantly getting proven and disproven as we get deeper in this. So please, I beg everyone, wear a mask, stay away from other people, and wash your hands. Those are the three best ways to limit the spread. Unless you have had this already, no one has immunity to it. No ones immune system has what it needs to stop it. If you come in contact with it, you will get it. Those are all facts. Do not let the constant noise convince you itherwise.

Pandemics are special circumstances. We all are going to have to sacrifice for our fellow neighbor. That is American. That is Christian. That is the spirit in which MS has operated for my entire life. The hospitality state should be ready to get uncomfortable if it means we slow this virus down.
    Couldn't have said it better myself.
    There's someone in my head but its not me.

vCash
    We need to have an elite dawg tailgate one day. I’d love to hang out talk with a bunch y’all. It’d be good times.
    In.
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    I'm in! That would be a great time!

vCash

I see this virus everyday that I'm at work (urgent care doc) and have for the past 5 months (actually longer, since this thing was here in November and December as well). I haven't caught it, and no one in my household has gotten sick. Knock on wood. There has only been one in my clinic that has come down with a positive test, and her only symptom was anosmia.

vCash
    Also, there are two small studies, one in Germany and one in Sweden I believe, that have shown that people who have been exposed to this virus can have memory t cell immunity to it. What we don't know is how long that will last.

vCash
    I lost pm someone sent me so here is my response.
    Just freshmen, rest of team reports August 14. Pretty neat set up for the dorm freshman are using till the 14th.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    This is actually FALSE. I've came in contact with it twice and have been tested twice and was negative both times. And those are the facts.
    Then you didn't come in contact with the virus. You may have had contact with a person that had it, but that doesn't necessarily mean you took in the virus into your body.

If the virus gets into your body and enters one of your cells, (aka "contact") then you will have it. That is until it has been proven that some people have a natural immunity, which as of today no example of natural immunity has been proven.

So, fact is, your body does not have the capability of killing this thing on sight. If it gets to you, you will get it. Period.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KB21 View Post
    Also, there are two small studies, one in Germany and one in Sweden I believe, that have shown that people who have been exposed to this virus can have memory t cell immunity to it. What we don't know is how long that will last.
    And that is awesome news. The mutation rate last i heard has also been low. Hope everyones t cells work.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Then you didn't come in contact with the virus. You may have had contact with a person that had it, but that doesn't necessarily mean you took in the virus into your body.

If the virus gets into your body and enters one of your cells, (aka "contact") then you will have it. That is until it has been proven that some people have a natural immunity, which as of today no example of natural immunity has been proven.

So, fact is, your body does not have the capability of killing this thing on sight. If it gets to you, you will get it. Period.
    You are confusing contact with the virus and contracting the virus. Thats two separate things. You can most definitely have contact with someone or an object with the virus but not contract the virus yourself. Going by your hypothesis, then the coronavirus would have the largest R0 in history and that’s not true, it’s not even close to highest rate. Chickenpox is 3-4 times higher in infection rate for example.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    People are mighty selective about who needs to sacrifice though. THey want their amazon and takeout food and creature comforts. They want young people (who are significantly over represented among "essential" workers) to sacrifice and risk exposure for their creature comforts, but if young people want to enjoy their life after being exposed all day providing for more risk averse people, then it's the young people that are being selfish somehow. Or if the young people want schools open so that they don't have to spend half their paycheck on childcare, or even just for their kids to get to socialize with other kids and not give up two years of their childhood when they have virtually zero risk themselves, that's them being selfish.

Odd how that works out. From the outside looking in, it sure looks like the people that want everyone else to sacrifice for them, and for the sacrifice to only go one way, are being selfish. But all the "smart" people assure me the poor schmuck stocking grocery store shelves and wanting his kid to play tball and go to elementary school is basically a murderer, and the affluent guy in his 40's or 50's who gets to work remotely and have his food and groceries delivered and still get together in the same size social groups as he did before for drinks or dinner, all while being borderline diabetic b/c of the extra pounds he is carrying, that guy is just selfless.
    Look bub, when you socially distance yourself, wear a mask, and wash your hands you protect people that are delivering Amazon, delivering food, going to work their factory job, etc. For instance, my mom works in a factory with 350 people on her shift. 350 people on the shift before hers. Her company, (canadian based) has taken every precaution to limit contact and change their entire operation procedures to make it as safe as it can be. They all wear masks, have like 50 hand washing stations, sanitation protocols, etc. Their plant is doing a great job and really hasn't missed a beat.

Grocery stores can limit shopping hours for restocking without customers.

Amazon as well have instituted protocols to limit interaction in the distribution centers.

It is every single company, every single employee, every single customer, every single subcontractors responsibility to do their part to limit the spread to the best of their ability. If you want to have a get together with a small group of people, fine. The risk is there, but it is a controlled situation. Literally every single person in this entire country can sacrifice and wear a mask, keep your distance, limit your trips out in public, and wash your hands. It is so, so, so 17n simple. It does not eliminate 100% of the risk, but it is the only thing we can do and do very easily.

To not do those things is total horseshit for those folks that are working the jobs you mentioned. We need to do our best, so they can continue to do their work.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    Life life, don't be a 17n douchebag, wear a mask, stay away from other people, and don't let the government control our lives.

Fixed that for you.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    You are confusing contact with the virus and contracting the virus. Thats two separate things. You can most definitely have contact with someone or an object with the virus but not contract the virus yourself. Going by your hypothesis, then the coronavirus would have the largest R0 in history and that’s not true, it’s not even close to highest rate. Chickenpox is 3-4 times higher in infection rate for example.
    Well 17 me. Damn it people, I am not a syth lord that deals in absolutes. So yeah, you can walk past a person with the virus and not immediately light on fire.
    Maybe if we all treated the virus with this level of respect, we might be actually seriously talking about football this year and fall semester school. It is the downplaying it from the get go that has our numbers where they are.

I have said from day 1 of this thing, if we do not take every single possible precaution within reason, we are not having football. If we did have football, it would not be with fans in the stands as we did last year.

No one can argue with the absolute best way not to get this thing is to distance.
    2nd best way not to get it is wear a mask if you can't distance.
    3rd best thing is to constantly wash your hands.

Point taken, you can be in contact with someone and not immediately get it. But there is a serious risk if you are in contact with someone. Not like Measles bad, but pretty bad.
    Downvotes_Hype