Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Just a little info

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    Well 17 me. Damn it people, I am not a syth lord that deals in absolutes. So yeah, you can walk past a person with the virus and not immediately light on fire.
    Maybe if we all treated the virus with this level of respect, we might be actually seriously talking about football this year and fall semester school. It is the downplaying it from the get go that has our numbers where they are.

I have said from day 1 of this thing, if we do not take every single possible precaution within reason, we are not having football. If we did have football, it would not be with fans in the stands as we did last year.

No one can argue with the absolute best way not to get this thing is to distance.
    2nd best way not to get it is wear a mask if you can't distance.
    3rd best thing is to constantly wash your hands.

Point taken, you can be in contact with someone and not immediately get it. But there is a serious risk if you are in contact with someone. Not like Measles bad, but pretty bad.
    Don’t get pissy that you get called out by confusing contact with the virus and contracting the virus. You were pretty absolute that contact = contracting...that’s not true or how infection rates work. And we are not just considering a passer by having it and you just happen to cross paths with them. Contact tracing to determine the infection rate is much much more in depth than just passing someone on the street.

As it stands right now, we are probably looking closer to common cold / smallpox R0 but it’s still in flux
    Last edited by Really Clark?; 07-11-2020 at 10:32 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    Well 17 me. Damn it people, I am not a syth lord that deals in absolutes. So yeah, you can walk past a person with the virus and not immediately light on fire.
    Maybe if we all treated the virus with this level of respect, we might be actually seriously talking about football this year and fall semester school. It is the downplaying it from the get go that has our numbers where they are.

I have said from day 1 of this thing, if we do not take every single possible precaution within reason, we are not having football. If we did have football, it would not be with fans in the stands as we did last year.

No one can argue with the absolute best way not to get this thing is to distance.
    2nd best way not to get it is wear a mask if you can't distance.
    3rd best thing is to constantly wash your hands.

Point taken, you can be in contact with someone and not immediately get it. But there is a serious risk if you are in contact with someone. Not like Measles bad, but pretty bad.
    Bucket, I dig your perspective.... but when you went all "I'm not a Sith Lord that deals in absolutes" then went all "absolute" ya kinda lost me there, buddy...

And, for the record, we NEED more "absolute type" thinkers.... given the current population...
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    Back to Msu baseball, freshman were/are getting a little head start with coaches and being on campus is a plus. I'm sure every Sec school has probably the same thing going on with their players. As always the Sec is a baseball conference, with football not or may not being played this fall, I would bet Msu fans will be ready with excitement for Spring sports. Of course now days 7 or 8 months is a long ways off. Oh, I haven't forgotten basketball, I just don't have any inside info or feel how the season will go.

This I know, Msu is a baseball school, always has been and always will be. I sure wish something would be done by the Ncaa with scholarship money, also I'm not quite sure how it stands with how many can be on rooster this fall.

Hopefully after Nov 4th......I mean Christmas......I mean starting in 2021 things will be the new beginning. Let's just pray or hope Msu will be better.

One thing we all can agree on, HailState, except you Tusk! LOL