Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Just a little info

vCash

Just a little info

I know Msu baseball players reported to school and have started some workout programs. All are being tested and monitored closely, fact is so close that one player tested positive and of course has no symptoms nor feeling bad. He along with 5 other players are sent home for 14 days of quarantine. Those guys didn't have the virus, I know one is really disappointed about being sent home. Just when workouts with only a few at a time and some induvial one on one workouts just got started.
    I think the time away for many players the last few months is good, I say this only because many only play baseball all year round. Hopefully those players will be ok and get back in the groove. Probably others will be sent home with same situation.

It's what I think, no way will football be played at Msu or Sec schools, I hope we get to see some football, but the domino's are falling into place. It's hard to understand for me how one can have a virus and have no symptoms and doesn't feel bad and be declared sick. Oh I know folks are saying they can spread the "virus", I just don't trust all the things I read from "mad scientist, politicians" or media folks. JMO!

My take, "proceed with cautious".

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Not really sure what to address here or if anything needs to be addressed.
    Listen to the scientist. This isnwhat they do. Just because someone isn't showing symptoms does not mean they are not a threat to the next person. The next person could literally die if they come in contact with this player. Right now there is no way to know. Covid, as far as any of us know, has presented symptoms with a wide array of effects. Some people do not even get a cough, others sit dormant for 2 weeks and then have to be put in a medically induced coma. The scientist are working to gain a working knowledge of this virus, but that takes time and early assumptions are constantly getting proven and disproven as we get deeper in this. So please, I beg everyone, wear a mask, stay away from other people, and wash your hands. Those are the three best ways to limit the spread. Unless you have had this already, no one has immunity to it. No ones immune system has what it needs to stop it. If you come in contact with it, you will get it. Those are all facts. Do not let the constant noise convince you itherwise.

Pandemics are special circumstances. We all are going to have to sacrifice for our fellow neighbor. That is American. That is Christian. That is the spirit in which MS has operated for my entire life. The hospitality state should be ready to get uncomfortable if it means we slow this virus down.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    I know Msu baseball players reported to school and have started some workout programs. All are being tested and monitored closely, fact is so close that one player tested positive and of course has no symptoms nor feeling bad. He along with 5 other players are sent home for 14 days of quarantine. Those guys didn't have the virus, I know one is really disappointed about being sent home. Just when workouts with only a few at a time and some induvial one on one workouts just got started.
    I think the time away for many players the last few months is good, I say this only because many only play baseball all year round. Hopefully those players will be ok and get back in the groove. Probably others will be sent home with same situation.

It's what I think, no way will football be played at Msu or Sec schools, I hope we get to see some football, but the domino's are falling into place. It's hard to understand for me how one can have a virus and have no symptoms and doesn't feel bad and be declared sick. Oh I know folks are saying they can spread the "virus", I just don't trust all the things I read from "mad scientist, politicians" or media folks. JMO!

My take, "proceed with cautious".
    I agree with you 100% but it just boils down to being a liability thing and the fear and hysteria the media has caused. 95% of these athletes are in the top 1% of the 18-29 year old age range that has little trouble, if any at all, with this virus. I mean these guys are in the best shape possible. They're not sitting around doing nothing and eating Twinkies. But because of the fear mongering and hysteria caused by a few, every case is treated like a death sentence. Almost all the cases I've heard about from athletic programs have been asymptomatic and they wouldn't even know they had it had they not been tested. I'm less and less confident by the day that we see college football in any form in 2020.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    Listen to the scientist. This isnwhat they do. Just because someone isn't showing symptoms does not mean they are not a threat to the next person. The next person could literally die if they come in contact with this player. Right now there is no way to know. Covid, as far as any of us know, has presented symptoms with a wide array of effects. Some people do not even get a cough, others sit dormant for 2 weeks and then have to be put in a medically induced coma. The scientist are working to gain a working knowledge of this virus, but that takes time and early assumptions are constantly getting proven and disproven as we get deeper in this. So please, I beg everyone, wear a mask, stay away from other people, and wash your hands. Those are the three best ways to limit the spread. Unless you have had this already, no one has immunity to it. No ones immune system has what it needs to stop it. If you come in contact with it, you will get it. Those are all facts. Do not let the constant noise convince you itherwise.

Pandemics are special circumstances. We all are going to have to sacrifice for our fellow neighbor. That is American. That is Christian. That is the spirit in which MS has operated for my entire life. The hospitality state should be ready to get uncomfortable if it means we slow this virus down.
    I disagree with that, you are presenting that you will catch it if you come in contact with it but many have known contact and tested negative, that’s a false statement. Then there are millions who have tested positive with no symptoms. Literally the same as any other virus, we just don’t test when people are asymptomatic for those. Maybe you meant that differently in your mind but on the surface, that’s a false statement.

vCash

This is actually FALSE. I've came in contact with it twice and have been tested twice and was negative both times. And those are the facts.

vCash
    Plus so many false test either not really testing results and inaccuracy. Who or what to believe is "each their own".

vCash

more anecdotal evidence

Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    This is actually FALSE. I've come in contact with it twice and have been tested twice and was negative both times. And those are the facts.
    I work in a building on campus with students and have been in close contact (no way to social distance and do my job) with 3 people who have had it over the last several weeks. With mask wearing, hand washing, and trying to distance when I can I have yet to come down with illness.

Now I'm not running over to my parent's house anytime soon and had to FaceTime my dad on his birthday Sunday, but I don't think it is nearly as contagious as it has been made out to be. Just don't be a jackwagon and think you are exceptional and don't need to follow the basic rules...like the 50 undergrads at a party next door to my house 2 weeks ago.
    Last edited by RogerWilco; 07-10-2020 at 08:58 AM.

vCash

People are mighty selective about who needs to sacrifice though. THey want their amazon and takeout food and creature comforts. They want young people (who are significantly over represented among "essential" workers) to sacrifice and risk exposure for their creature comforts, but if young people want to enjoy their life after being exposed all day providing for more risk averse people, then it's the young people that are being selfish somehow. Or if the young people want schools open so that they don't have to spend half their paycheck on childcare, or even just for their kids to get to socialize with other kids and not give up two years of their childhood when they have virtually zero risk themselves, that's them being selfish.

Odd how that works out. From the outside looking in, it sure looks like the people that want everyone else to sacrifice for them, and for the sacrifice to only go one way, are being selfish. But all the "smart" people assure me the poor schmuck stocking grocery store shelves and wanting his kid to play tball and go to elementary school is basically a murderer, and the affluent guy in his 40's or 50's who gets to work remotely and have his food and groceries delivered and still get together in the same size social groups as he did before for drinks or dinner, all while being borderline diabetic b/c of the extra pounds he is carrying, that guy is just selfless.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    People are mighty selective about who needs to sacrifice though. THey want their amazon and takeout food and creature comforts. They want young people (who are significantly over represented among "essential" workers) to sacrifice and risk exposure for their creature comforts, but if young people want to enjoy their life after being exposed all day providing for more risk averse people, then it's the young people that are being selfish somehow. Or if the young people want schools open so that they don't have to spend half their paycheck on childcare, or even just for their kids to get to socialize with other kids and not give up two years of their childhood when they have virtually zero risk themselves, that's them being selfish.

Odd how that works out. From the outside looking in, it sure looks like the people that want everyone else to sacrifice for them, and for the sacrifice to only go one way, are being selfish. But all the "smart" people assure me the poor schmuck stocking grocery store shelves and wanting his kid to play tball and go to elementary school is basically a murderer, and the affluent guy in his 40's or 50's who gets to work remotely and have his food and groceries delivered and still get together in the same size social groups as he did before for drinks or dinner, all while being borderline diabetic b/c of the extra pounds he is carrying, that guy is just selfless.
    Damn... this will be a tough post to top

vCash

THANK YOU

vCash
    Another one of these 17'n threads...

vCash

This. Times. 1 million!. THANK YOU! Damn Straight- and this is from a 43 year old! AND YES TurfDawg, ANOTHER one of these threads! In case you haven't noticed, we're KINDA in the middle of life changing "big deal", so multplie threads discussing it, its worthwhile. I've had 2 employees come down with it- and another lost their 17 year old sister to it in the span of 3 days. Don't trivialize it. Its real and affecting people in real life!

vCash
    Proximity x Time = Viral Load. If you have to get too close move fast. If you have to stay longer get your distance.
    Praise The Lord and Go Dawgs!!!

vCash
    wear your damn mask

stay distant and wash your hands

If you everyone did that... this thing would be over in a few weeks

vCash

Great post that will piss off a lot of people.

vCash

Damn. Outstanding post.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Turfdawg67 View Post
    Another one of these 17'n threads...
    It's my fault*** I should have stuck with the baseball and tell things that are going on with the program. I will say there are lots of unknowns, I think the positive is the players are young, plus playing outside is good. I'm just glad they are trying to get started slowly, fall is around around the corner and much will determine the rooster for next spring.

Turf67 my man, I will be more selective for the future topics from me, LOL.

vCash

I applaud this post.

Banned
    vCash

Changes

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Rock View Post
    wear your damn mask

stay distant and wash your hands

If you everyone did that... this thing would be over in a few weeks
    No. No it wouldnt
    Last edited by AmiteDog; 07-10-2020 at 03:16 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AmiteDog View Post
    No. No it wouldnt
    Masks. What a freakin argument point this has become. I will say this about masks, my wife is a nurse. Her hospital staff has been treating COVID patients for what, 5 months now? Staff members are around positive patients all day every day. They all wear masks 100% of the time, distance as much as possible, and wash hands regularly!!! One nurse has caught the virus in those 5 months. One.
    I believe all three of those together make the difference.