Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Christmas in July on Hallmark channel

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    Something about tall blondes with skills. My tall blonde rebuilt a Chevy 350 small block to go in her ‘77 Gran Prix when she was 16. I knew 2 things when she told me that - 1) I was hooked; and 2) her Dad raised a girl who was not to be 17’d with
    That's awesome! Sounds like you're a blessed man too! My wife ain't much of a mechanic but household stuff and repairs she can get it done! She's also one not to be trifled with, one of the things that attracted me to her 36 years ago(looks first) but her independent streak. I love a woman that's not needy!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    It’s integrated into HBOMax too - the catalog is unreal.
    Appreciate that info!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    Love Tombstone. I use quotes from that movie at work all the time. The younguns look at me like I’m crazy.
    Ha! I have to watch it every time it comes on!

"You gonna do something or just stand there and bleed?!"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Prediction? Pain. View Post
    That dude's career was ridiculous. Add to the ones you just named -- and this is just off the top of my head -- Rear Window, Vertigo, The Philadelphia Story, It's a Wonderful Life, Rope, and Anatomy of a Murder. I mean, what the hell, man?

Related aside/minor thread hijack: TCM's on-demand app is legit. Every movie they air on the channel is available to stream for between 7 and 30 days. Right now, that includes Stagecoach, Harvey, Charlie Chaplin's The Kid, Bob Dylan's Don't Look Back, Hitchcock's Stranger on a Train, The Defiant Ones (Poitier and Tony Curtis), Woody Allen's Manhattan, The Philadelphia Story, Gaslight, An American in Paris, and 10. And that's jusr scratching the surface. If you've got a Roku or Apple TV or smart TV or whatever and are at all interested in classic movies, you should check it out.
    And he did it all while serving in WW II and remaining in the Air Guard afterwards and attaining the rank of Brigadier General.

vCash

My son wrote this song this week. He?s performing it in Nashville Monday and Tuesday night, along with other originals for producers.

It starts out about a kid with cancer, then rolls into that young man being in the military and losing his legs but gaining his hair back! Then it ends with grandpa telling the kids to be respectful and don’t say negative things.
    Last edited by DownwardDawg; 07-10-2020 at 11:06 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post

My son wrote this song this week. He?s performing it in Nashville Monday and Tuesday night, along with other originals for producers.

It starts out about a kid with cancer, then rolls into that young man being in the military and losing his legs but gaining his hair back! Then it ends with grandpa telling the kids to be respectful and don’t say negative things.
    That's awesome! That'll bring tears to your eyes! Thank you for sharing!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Y'all take a break from covid and political warfare and go watch some Christmas movies. It sure looks we could all use a break and since there's no sports this is the best I could do. Peach on Earth, Goodwill to Men!
    Dam that means they took Frasier off for a month

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstatelp1 View Post
    And he did it all while serving in WW II and remaining in the Air Guard afterwards and attaining the rank of Brigadier General.
    Most people don't know but he married a lady with a son who he raised as his own. the son was killed in the Vietnam war.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    Dam that means they took Frasier off for a month
    Naw frasier still on starting at midnight. One of my favorite all time shows and I still watch it when I'm still awake.