Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Christmas in July on Hallmark channel

vCash

Christmas in July on Hallmark channel

Y'all take a break from covid and political warfare and go watch some Christmas movies. It sure looks we could all use a break and since there's no sports this is the best I could do. Peach on Earth, Goodwill to Men!

vCash
    Good idea. Or, do what I did and have a Jimmy Stewart marathon - Mr. Smith goes to Washington, The Man who Shot Liberty Valance, The Shootist, and Harvey

vCash
    With the hens occupied with that, now is a good time to find a new hobby, or delve back into an old one.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    Good idea. Or, do what I did and have a Jimmy Stewart marathon - Mr. Smith goes to Washington, The Man who Shot Liberty Valance, The Shootist, and Harvey
    Man I love Jimmy Stewart. Been watching a lot of old westerns lately. Wayne, Eastwood, Stewart, etc. just watched Tombstone again for about the 300th time. My favorite Jimmy Stewart movie is Strategic Air Command.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    With the hens occupied with that, now is a good time to find a new hobby, or delve back into an old one.
    I've got back out on the road seeing my accounts about a month ago. Everytime I go my wife does some remodeling project while I'm gone. She's already redone 2 bathrooms our master bedroom, built a dog pen and a few other things. I been in north alabama all this week and Monday night I noticed a large purchase on my Lowe's card, so I'm anxious to see what she's done this time.

vCash
    My wife got me into The Good Witch. I mean, come on, it has Catherine Bell in it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    My wife got me into The Good Witch. I mean, come on, it has Catherine Bell in it.
    Ah another Catherine Bell fan! Been a fan of hers since JAG!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    I've got back out on the road seeing my accounts about a month ago. Everytime I go my wife does some remodeling project while I'm gone. She's already redone 2 bathrooms our master bedroom, built a dog pen and a few other things. I been in north alabama all this week and Monday night I noticed a large purchase on my Lowe's card, so I'm anxious to see what she's done this time.
    Ms commerce can build a dog pen?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    She can. She can build/remodel just about anything. And she's a tall blonde on top of all that! I'm blessed!

vCash
    Ah another Catherine Bell fan! Been a fan of hers since JAG!
    En Fuego!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    And skin a buck, and run a trot line**

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    And skin a buck, and run a trot line**
    I don't know about those 2, but I know if I taught her she could do it!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    En Fuego!
    100% pure hotness!

vCash
    100% pure hotness!
    She bad.

Senior Member Prediction? Pain.'s Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    That dude's career was ridiculous. Add to the ones you just named -- and this is just off the top of my head -- Rear Window, Vertigo, The Philadelphia Story, It's a Wonderful Life, Rope, and Anatomy of a Murder. I mean, what the hell, man?

Related aside/minor thread hijack: TCM's on-demand app is legit. Every movie they air on the channel is available to stream for between 7 and 30 days. Right now, that includes Stagecoach, Harvey, Charlie Chaplin's The Kid, Bob Dylan's Don't Look Back, Hitchcock's Stranger on a Train, The Defiant Ones (Poitier and Tony Curtis), Woody Allen's Manhattan, The Philadelphia Story, Gaslight, An American in Paris, and 10. And that's jusr scratching the surface. If you've got a Roku or Apple TV or smart TV or whatever and are at all interested in classic movies, you should check it out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Prediction? Pain. View Post
    That dude's career was ridiculous. Add to the ones you just named -- and this is just off the top of my head -- Rear Window, Vertigo, The Philadelphia Story, It's a Wonderful Life, Rope, and Anatomy of a Murder. I mean, what the hell, man?

Related aside/minor thread hijack: TCM's on-demand app is legit. Every movie they air on the channel is available to stream for between 7 and 30 days. Right now, that includes Stagecoach, Harvey, Charlie Chaplin's The Kid, Bob Dylan's Don't Look Back, Hitchcock's Stranger on a Train, The Defiant Ones (Poitier and Tony Curtis), Woody Allen's Manhattan, The Philadelphia Story, Gaslight, An American in Paris, and 10. And that's jusr scratching the surface. If you've got a Roku or Apple TV or smart TV or whatever and are at all interested in classic movies, you should check it out.
    I appreciate you letting us know about that app. I'm gonna get it! Thanks!

ETA another movie by Stewart that I love is "The Stratton Story". Excellent.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Prediction? Pain. View Post

This^

vCash
    She can. She can build/remodel just about anything. And she's a tall blonde on top of all that! I'm blessed!
    Something about tall blondes with skills. My tall blonde rebuilt a Chevy 350 small block to go in her ‘77 Gran Prix when she was 16. I knew 2 things when she told me that - 1) I was hooked; and 2) her Dad raised a girl who was not to be 17’d with
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    I appreciate you letting us know about that app. I'm gonna get it! Thanks!

ETA another movie by Stewart that I love is "The Stratton Story". Excellent.
    It’s integrated into HBOMax too - the catalog is unreal.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Man I love Jimmy Stewart. Been watching a lot of old westerns lately. Wayne, Eastwood, Stewart, etc. just watched Tombstone again for about the 300th time. My favorite Jimmy Stewart movie is Strategic Air Command.
    Love Tombstone. I use quotes from that movie at work all the time. The younguns look at me like I’m crazy.