Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Welp, there goes the NC State game.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    We have had 0 deaths in children aged 18 and below in MS with only 42 having to be hospitalized with 3210 positive cases.
    Y'all are doing a hell of a lot better than we are. We've had over 10,000 positive cases between ages 0-24. We created 1,000 deaths a couple days ago and will crest 50,000 cases as a state tomorrow.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    Y'all are doing a hell of a lot better than we are. We've had over 10,000 positive cases between ages 0-24. We created 1,000 deaths a couple days ago and will crest 50,000 cases as a state tomorrow.
    It’s that 18-24 grouping that’s throwing your numbers up. We’ve had 10,460 positive test results for 29 year old and younger but 7 deaths total. That’s nearly a third of our cases in that age group but the death rate is .00067

vCash
    Would love an answer. Last time you spent a day in a school and watched it function?

Tell me how you social distance 14 trailers with 30 desks that have to touch each other in order to fit?

But we should still have football because that's safe? Do you see how little sense that makes?? Teachers should social distance from their students and students should social distance from each other. But football is ok even though they touch, breathe, and sweat on each other.

Bold strategy Cotton, let's see if it pays off.
    February 2020.

There is no one size fits all approach. As Cohen says, FIO (figure it out). Kids are not going to social distance. If a parent wants their kid to always maintain social distance, they have the option of keeping their kid at home. But the overwhelming majority of parents don't expect that. There are millions of kids in camps and daycares right now not social distancing and all us parents know it.

Football is never safe. Never said it was.

Again, Where did I say students should social distance from each other? If you are a parent who expects that, you should absolutely keep your kid at home.

vCash
    USC/Bama game canceled

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopCoach View Post
    That is not close to being true. Dr. Susan Eliza, head of UIL, spoke to our association and indicated that we will start on aug 4th. If anything changes, and it can, there are contingency plans that will be put in place. None of them included cancellation of the season.

Please do not spread false rumors.
    I've got a buddy that's OL coach at a high school in Texas and he told me they're preparing to play as usual, but of course anything can happen in 2020 as has been proven time and time again.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    I've got a buddy that's OL coach at a high school in Texas and he told me they're preparing to play as usual, but of course anything can happen in 2020 as has been proven time and time again.
    That is a fact.

The one thing that can't be overlooked is that this is Texas and it's football.

vCash
    Here's the link to the tweet and there are thousands more like it:

https://twitter.com/texashsfootball/...850332166?s=21

All I was doing was repeating what blew up the day that was said. Of course schools are preparing like there will be football. They won't sit around and do nothing while they wait for a decision and are allowed to practice.

I think it's interesting that like with most other states, everyone has conflicting information. Shows that there isn't a consistent message hardly anywhere right now.
    Last edited by MetEdDawg; 07-12-2020 at 08:06 PM.

vCash

http://<b><i><u>https://twitter.com/...2</u></i></b>1

All I was doing was repeating what blew up the day that was said. Of course schools are preparing like there will be football. They won't sit around and do nothing while they wait for a decision and are allowed to practice.

I think it's interesting that like with most other states, everyone has conflicting information. Shows that there isn't a consistent message hardly anywhere right now.
    This Supt is a nutcase. He made similar remarks in March/April. It could get shut down before I get up in the morning, but no one in the UIL is panicking and getting ready to close the door.

btw, I'm no expert, but I've been coaching in Texas for almost 20 years and I'd bet my right nut that we play football this fall.

vCash

https://twitter.com/texashsfootball/...850332166?s=21

I will agree with you in that there is no consistent message on anything and conflicting reports are aplenty. I'm sure not an expert on Texas high school football just my buddy says they're playing, but with the way 2020 has been I wouldn't be surprised if I woke up with my head sewed to the carpet!