Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Welp, there goes the NC State game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    Jake Wim floated the idea of us and OM helping out in-state schools like Alcorn and JSU by paying them to play. If Auburn cancels the Alcorn game it's gonna devastate their athletic budget. Some schools may not recover.
    And Mississippi Valley. Honestly they need it even more than JSU and Alcorn. Anyway- I'm all for it.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobile Bay View Post
    The Governor of Alabama sits on the boards of all state funded schools in Alabama. I can assure you there will be some form of football even if it means weirdness like Alabama at Troy and Auburn at UAB.
    Nothing xan be assured as long as a gigantic portion of our population refuses to acknowledge that they have some personal responsibility to their neighbors well being and that there are some really basic things that everyone should do to limit contact between them and other people.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    The governor of Alabama is faced with two options. Football or watch the state capitol burn just before her lynching.

Which would you chose?
    The goal posts have already moved. First it was nothing will change. Now we have bands and cheerleaders not traveling to road games in the Big 12. Now it's conference only games for at least 2 of the P5.

The crowd that wants safety is larger and louder than the crowd that doesn't. If that weren't the case, school wouldn't have an at home option and college football wouldn't be making the moves it currently is. The pressure is mounting and you can feel it.

Add to that we had over 2,100 positive tests today in Alabama. Largest day so far. The hits are going to keep coming and I guarantee the measures we've seen today are not the end. There will be more cut backs before this is all over.

I'll also add that it would be a very bad look for the SEC to do nothing while everyone else takes precautions. Some on here think that will cement our place as the best conference. I can assure you that will not be the narrative. We will be the reckless conference that doesn't care about the safety of kids and it will be a very very bad look for the schools and the conference.
    Last edited by MetEdDawg; 07-09-2020 at 07:47 PM.

vCash
    I have said this since the March 13th, there is no very possible situation where we do not have football or we do not have football with fans in the stands.

Wear a mask, so they can wear a helmet. Stay home if possible so Kylin can run show.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    The goal posts have already moved. First it was nothing will change. Now we have bands and cheerleaders not traveling to road games in the Big 12. Now it's conference only games for at least 2 of the P5.

The crowd that wants safety is larger and louder than the crowd that doesn't. If that weren't the case, school wouldn't have an at home option and college football wouldn't be making the moves it currently is. The pressure is mounting and you can feel it.

Add to that we had over 2,100 positive tests today in Alabama. Largest day so far. The hits are going to keep coming and I guarantee the measures we've seen today are not the end. There will be more cut backs before this is all over.
    There are no goal post in this situation. There is the ever changing reality that is the pandemic and the ever changing adjustments we have to do. So far, Covid is winning cause it just continues to do its thing and a shit ton of people refuse to acknowledge they have a personal responsibility to do these simple things.
    1. Limit contact.
    2. Socially distance as much as possible.
    3. Wear a mask at all times in public.

Those three things have been clearly discussed since March 13th. Granted that the mask discussion was questioned until March 21st. Since then, only 17n idiots couldn't understand it
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    There are no goal post in this situation. There is the ever changing reality that is the pandemic and the ever changing adjustments we have to do. So far, Covid is winning cause it just continues to do its thing and a shit ton of people refuse to acknowledge they have a personal responsibility to do these simple things.
    1. Limit contact.
    2. Socially distance as much as possible.
    3. Wear a mask at all times in public.

Those three things have been clearly discussed since March 13th. Granted that the mask discussion was questioned until March 21st. Since then, only 17n idiots couldn't understand it
    My comments on the goal posts moving was from the fan perspective. They are the ones that have been moving the goal posts not realizing we are going down the road they said we would never go down.

I agree that the information has been out for a while. I think the football community wasn't ready to deal with the reality of this happening because it's been so far off. Now it's not.

This is going to be a slow bleed. And it's really just a logic and safety game. If it's not logical or safe to play non conference games, why is it logical or safe to play conference games? Makes zero sense. Slow bleed.
    Last edited by MetEdDawg; 07-09-2020 at 08:23 PM.

vCash
    It's been obvious for a while now that HS and College sports this fall was a pipe dream. If people had actually followed the guidlines when we came off lockdown it might have happened. Nobody gave a damn beyond a week's fun. It wasn't like we weren't warned.

vCash
    RIP Southern Miss Football

vCash
    My comments on the goal posts moving was from the fan perspective. They are the ones that have been moving the goal posts not realizing we are going down the road they said we would never go down.

I agree that the information has been out for a while. I think the football community wasn't ready to deal with the reality of this happening because it's been so far off. Now it's not.

This is going to be a slow bleed. And it's really just a logic and safety game. If it's not logical or safe to play non conference games, why is it logical or safe to play conference games? Makes zero sense. Slow bleed.
    Logical or safe for whom?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dantheman4248 View Post
    SEC gonna end the year ranked 1 through 14. No OOC losses. All losses are only to SEC teams and all wins are against only SEC teams.

Personal opinion: I absolutely love the idea of 13 game round robin. Just let us start with Vandy to iron out the kinks in our offense please.
    We won't play - round robin and odds are we won't play at all

vCash
    The crowd that wants safety is larger and louder than the crowd that doesn't.
    Amazing how wrong you will be, Football in the south will be played. Nothing major will come of this overblown virus, and life will go on.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    RIP Southern Miss Football
    Yep and many more.

vCash
    Amazing how wrong you will be, Football in the south will be played. Nothing major will come of this overblown virus, and life will go on.
    I hope you're right. But you are being wayyyyyyy to optimistic. Way...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Yep and many more.
    Yes unfortunately.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    It's been obvious for a while now that HS and College sports this fall was a pipe dream. If people had actually followed the guidlines when we came off lockdown it might have happened. Nobody gave a damn beyond a week's fun. It wasn't like we weren't warned.
    Dissenting opinions within 4 posts of each other. Fascinating!

I agree w/ MetEdDawg that is shaping up as a slow bleed... It appears that they'll continue to trickle out information to soften the blow when the cancellation is made official. I can't wait to watch the Air Raid invade DWS, but all signs point to a suspended season. I pray that I'm wrong though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Logical or safe for whom?
    For everyone. Players physically can't social distance in football and if you trust schools to be transparent about positive tests in season you're insane. Fans won't social distance and no one will police it.

The problem right now is that too many people don't give a shit and think that because football makes so much money it's ok to go forward. Meanwhile, you have a number of coaches, players family, etc that would be at risk during this. Of course they are willing to risk it. That's what they do. Doesn't make it right.

And I'll continue to preface this by saying I'm a conservative public school administrator. No one can answer the simple question as to why we are canceling non conference but keeping conference games? Makes zero sense. I predict we come out of this looking really dumb. Up to this point, the south is leading the charge in ignorance on this topic. If college football is as powerful as y'all say it is, what happened today wouldn't have happened. False narrative and overblown statistics done shut down public schools nationally and college football.

I'll say it again. A lot of people are going to be disappointed in a couple months.

vCash
    For everyone. Players physically can't social distance in football and if you trust schools to be transparent about positive tests in season you're insane. Fans won't social distance and no one will police it.

The problem right now is that too many people don't give a shit and think that because football makes so much money it's ok to go forward. Meanwhile, you have a number of coaches, players family, etc that would be at risk during this. Of course they are willing to risk it. That's what they do. Doesn't make it right.

And I'll continue to preface this by saying I'm a conservative public school administrator. No one can answer the simple question as to why we are canceling non conference but keeping conference games? Makes zero sense. I predict we come out of this looking really dumb. Up to this point, the south is leading the charge in ignorance on this topic. If college football is as powerful as y'all say it is, what happened today wouldn't have happened. False narrative and overblown statistics done shut down public schools nationally and college football.

I'll say it again. A lot of people are going to be disappointed in a couple months.
    While I agree we won't play this year, based on your premise we will never play. EVER.

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I'm floored****

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    While I agree we won't play this year, based on your premise we will never play. EVER.
    Nope. Once we have a vaccine this will become the flu. Until then it's difficult to manage because we are still in the infancy of understanding the intricacies of this.

But once we have a vaccine and can administer it like the flu everything will be back to normal. Hopefully that can happen by next summer.