Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Welp, there goes the NC State game.

vCash

Welp, there goes the NC State game.

The ACC is expected to announce in conference play plus Notre Dame only for the season.

https://twitter.com/brett_mcmurphy/s...341506065?s=21

Congratulations to South Carolina for not losing to Clemson this year I guess.

Banned
    vCash
    SEC gonna end the year ranked 1 through 14. No OOC losses. All losses are only to SEC teams and all wins are against only SEC teams.

Personal opinion: I absolutely love the idea of 13 game round robin. Just let us start with Vandy to iron out the kinks in our offense please.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dantheman4248 View Post
    SEC gonna end the year ranked 1 through 14. No OOC losses. All losses are only to SEC teams and all wins are against only SEC teams.

Personal opinion: I absolutely love the idea of 13 game round robin. Just let us start with Vandy to iron out the kinks in our offense please.
    Lets just play Ole Miss 6 times and Alabama 6 times. I will take a 7-5 season if it means we beat Ole Miss six times and Alabama once.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobile Bay View Post
    The ACC is expected to announce in conference play plus Notre Dame only for the season.

I should have bet unders on wins across the board this year...

vCash
    Hopefully this is 1 step closer to a 16 team SEC.
    "We will have no problem in handling Kentucky."-Turfdawg67. MSU suffered a 27-17 defeat in 2022 with 225 yards in total offense.

vCash
    Get ready folks. College football isn't happening. We are over 50 days away from the season starting and P5 conferences are already cancelling some of their games. There's a reason why.

Texas high school is on the verge of cancelling football as well. It's going to happen. The question is how quickly. I would just prepare yourselves so you aren't let down when it happens.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    Get ready folks. College football isn't happening. We are over 50 days away from the season starting and P5 conferences are already cancelling some of their games. There's a reason why.

Texas high school is on the verge of cancelling football as well. It's going to happen. The question is how quickly. I would just prepare yourselves so you aren't let down when it happens.
    The Governor of Alabama sits on the boards of all state funded schools in Alabama. I can assure you there will be some form of football even if it means weirdness like Alabama at Troy and Auburn at UAB.

vCash
    The Governor of Alabama sits on the boards of all state funded schools in Alabama. I can assure you there will be some form of football even if it means weirdness like Alabama at Troy and Auburn at UAB.
    Yep

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msu15 View Post
    Hopefully this is 1 step closer to a 16 team SEC.
    Who you want added?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dantheman4248 View Post
    I absolutely love the idea of 13 game round robin.
    I can live with that!

vCash
    I read the big 10 statement as this was a move to ensure football will happen. It allows them to control, and have flexibility with, scheduling should a team be hit hard with the virus. And to ensure adequate testing of all athletes prior to games.

vCash
    Stop kidding yourself. You can't, and neither can anyone else, assure anyone of anything with regard to football. Remember, those are schools. Schools have a mission far beyond sports.

vCash
    I'd like for the SEC to announce no divisions this year. 10 game schedule, all conference games. 5 home, 5 road. 2 bye weeks. Sept 12th thru November 28th. Seems doable and would be a lot of fun.

Let me add that they would need to scrap all current schedules and re-work them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gravedigger View Post
    Stop kidding yourself. You can't, and neither can anyone else, assure anyone of anything with regard to football. Remember, those are schools. Schools have a mission far beyond sports.
    Whoa!! Looks who's back from his/her slumber! Welcome back and avoid the Covid thread.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gravedigger View Post
    The governor of Alabama is faced with two options. Football or watch the state capitol burn just before her lynching.

Which would you chose?

vCash

No NC State? That's ok, all the 'experts' had us losing that one anyway.**

nm

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    I'd like for the SEC to announce no divisions this year. 10 game schedule, all conference games. 5 home, 5 road. 2 bye weeks. Sept 12th thru November 28th. Seems doable and would be a lot of fun.

Let me add that they would need to scrap all current schedules and re-work them.
    Shift that schedule back a few weeks and extend it into January. and add in a few more bye weeks.

Warren wanted the schedule flexibility an all conference schedule allows. (i.e., if we have 10 guys get sick, our games are postponed, not forfeited)

vCash

Yep it is coming. Only way to have a season. Dumb for ACC to play ND and expose their conf to everyone ND plays.

vCash
    Jake Wim floated the idea of us and OM helping out in-state schools like Alcorn and JSU by paying them to play. If Auburn cancels the Alcorn game it's gonna devastate their athletic budget. Some schools may not recover.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post

The silver lining is the current rotation which needs to be reworked anyway would expire in 2023 instead of 2025. I wish the SEC would go back to the old 12 teams and have 11 SEC games with 3 OOC games and 1 game against a FCS team.