Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Why there will be football.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    No...they don’t actually. About 10% end up in the hospital and only about 5% end up staying more than a couple days. Additionally, many of those in the 5% are actually already in the hospital for other issues they just test positive for covid while there...but they don’t put that disclaimer in the stats.
    10% of how many?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    And it needs to stop being so one sided. Yes there is risk for infection. But at the same time it's not fair to people that want to live their lives and aren't afraid. It's also not fair to players that want to play either.
    What you do directly impacts the people that don't believe as you do. That isn't fair to them.

vCash
    No...they don?t actually. About 10% end up in the hospital and only about 5% end up staying more than a couple days. Additionally, many of those in the 5% are actually already in the hospital for other issues they just test positive for covid while there...but they don?t put that disclaimer in the stats.
    Actually if your numbers are correct that will overwhelm the healthcare system. It is already overwhelmed in Jackson. They are full and sending patients elsewhere. We are already sending people out of state but that won't last long. They won't be taking out of state people if this keeps up.
    Last edited by Liverpooldawg; 07-09-2020 at 11:07 AM.

vCash
    Ahh....another thread ruined by COVID politics.

vCash
    No...they don?t actually. About 10% end up in the hospital and only about 5% end up staying more than a couple days. Additionally, many of those in the 5% are actually already in the hospital for other issues they just test positive for covid while there...but they don?t put that disclaimer in the stats.
    I saw one study that was written about in the telegraph out of London. The study concluded that between 1/3 and 2/3 of the deaths were from people in such bad shape they were unlikely to survive the year anyway.

Half the deaths are in nursing homes. People in those places are on deaths door and likely to die of the regular flu, a cold, or just the fact that they are old and near death. Your lifespan in a nursing home is 6-18 months normally. And I am going to be honest here. When my relatives that have been in homes have passed, I felt not sadness but relief.

This is no reason to destroy our economy and cede world power to China.
    Last edited by Mobile Bay; 07-09-2020 at 01:36 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    What you do directly impacts the people that don't believe as you do. That isn't fair to them.
    I'm going to bring the flu (also to include stomach viruses, whatever contagious sickness) back into conversation. 2 years from now when CV is wiped out/ vaccinated out/ easily treatable, are you gonna suggest that we all continue to isolate, wear masks, and live in fear that we may impact Or kill someone that chose not to stay home?

I have to vote next week on a city mask ordinance. I will possibly be the only one to vote no but I am telling you that I am sick and tired of this BS. When we feel our family is at risk, we take actions to protect ourself. This may mean that we have to give something up that we like. But, I don't feel like it is your responsibility to take care of my family. You shouldn't have to quit living life for the convenience of my family. And likewise, I shouldn't have to quit living mine.

Small government and self accountability are good things.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NWADAWG View Post
    I'm going to bring the flu (also to include stomach viruses, whatever contagious sickness) back into conversation. 2 years from now when CV is wiped out/ vaccinated out/ easily treatable, are you gonna suggest that we all continue to isolate, wear masks, and live in fear that we may impact Or kill someone that chose not to stay home?

I have to vote next week on a city mask ordinance. I will possibly be the only one to vote no but I am telling you that I am sick and tired of this BS. When we feel our family is at risk, we take actions to protect ourself. This may mean that we have to give something up that we like. But, I don't feel like it is your responsibility to take care of my family. You shouldn't have to quit living life for the convenience of my family. And likewise, I shouldn't have to quit living mine.

There is a vaccine AND drugs that actually treat the disease for flu. It isn't REMOTELY the same thing. Good lord no wonder we are headed the way we are headed.

vCash

Look I'm with you on the mask thing. I think it should be a personal choice, and this is coming from someone who's had a family member recently get the virus and have symptoms. But, if wearing a mask means that I can have a chance to watch football in Davis Wade this fall then you bet your ass I'm going to be wearing a mask. I don't agree that it should come to that, but if a little discomfort is all that it costs to watch the Dawgs then that's a small price to pay over the alternative of no football.

vCash
    There is a vaccine AND drugs that actually treat the disease for flu. It isn't REMOTELY the same thing. Good lord no wonder we are headed the way we are headed.
    Yet 10s of thousands still die of flu every year from it. I'm pretty confident that any health professional would tell you that wearing masks during flu season would drastically reduce deaths due to flu.

I understand that the sicknesses are not exactly apples to apples but both kill 10s of thousands and we currently can't seem to stop either from doing it.

If CV vaccine and treatment comes and we still have 60k people die from CV each year like flu(I think we will), then what?

For the record, there have already been mutations in CV. The mutations are the same reasons flu vaccines don't guarantee people not to get and die from flu.

If I believed that everyone wearing a mask for a few months would eradicate CV, I would actually support it. However, I don't believe it.

vCash
    Almost sounds like the people who want to quarantine should and those that don't shouldn't. Then the actions of those that don't quarantine wouldn't affect those who are, but then again I believe individual freedom > collectivist ideals.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    Look I'm with you on the mask thing. I think it should be a personal choice, and this is coming from someone who's had a family member recently get the virus and have symptoms. But, if wearing a mask means that I can have a chance to watch football in Davis Wade this fall then you bet your ass I'm going to be wearing a mask. I don't agree that it should come to that, but if a little discomfort is all that it costs to watch the Dawgs then that's a small price to pay over the alternative of no football.
    I agree that each entity should be able to make its own rules about masks. This includes football stadiums, individual restaurants, businesses. Each customer can then choose to patronize that business or not.

If Davis Wade says you can't come in without a mask, then that's the rule. Not state of MS telling you, not city of Starkville telling you.

If a business chooses to require masks, some will start shopping there because they feel it's safer, others will choose a different store because they don't won't to be told to wear a mask. Each make their own choice and every business operates the way they feel is best for them.

This is my opinion of how it should operate. My opinion and a couple dollars will buy you a Coke in a stinky cup this fall.

Banned
    vCash
    And we have a healthy segment of the population that CHOOSE not to take the flu vaccine. Why aren?t you scolding them for putting maw maw on her death bed every year?

vCash
    Life isn't fair. Doesn't mean that others have to stop living.

vCash
    I agree that each entity should be able to make its own rules about masks. This includes football stadiums, individual restaurants, businesses. Each customer can then choose to patronize that business or not.

If Davis Wade says you can't come in without a mask, then that's the rule. Not state of MS telling you, not city of Starkville telling you.

If a business chooses to require masks, some will start shopping there because they feel it's safer, others will choose a different store because they don't won't to be told to wear a mask. Each make their own choice and every business operates the way they feel is best for them.

This is my opinion of how it should operate. My opinion and a couple dollars will buy you a Coke in a stinky cup this fall.
    Yes this is the way it should be.

vCash

I'd pay a lot more than a couple dollars for a Coke in a stinky cup right about now. Especially if it had a little heat in it.

vCash
    Doring may be right in that there is college football this fall. However, if the covid spreads like crazy among players......money won't be a factor. It will be shut down.

I fully expect school and football to start and both shut down by October.

Don't be mad Clay.

vCash
    You realize this works both ways right? Bars and restaurants having mandatory limits will effect more lives long-term than the people actually negatively impacted by the "epidemic". My wife spent 4 days in the hospital alone with this so I think I have some clear vision to say that.

vCash

You are right on my friend. Gov. Abbott here in TX mandates masks last Friday and it will cost him a re-election here. He should have just came out and re-Inforced that each business has the right to make this decision on their own. I don't mind wearing a mask where the businesses require but I refuse to wear it due to a gov. Mandate that is not actually legal or enforceable here.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    Doring may be right in that there is college football this fall. However, if the covid spreads like crazy among players......money won't be a factor. It will be shut down.

I fully expect school and football to start and both shut down by October.

Don't be mad Clay.
    We got way too many people walking around with a COVID diagnosis and no symptoms. This virus has a 98% survival rate and we are treating it like the Black Death.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    You are right on my friend. Gov. Abbott here in TX mandates masks last Friday and it will cost him a re-election here. He should have just came out and re-Inforced that each business has the right to make this decision on their own. I don't mind wearing a mask where the businesses require but I refuse to wear it due to a gov. Mandate that is not actually legal or enforceable here.
    I tend to fall on that side. It should be a business by business approach. Gov't, at any level, telling people that they have to wear a mask should be an ABSOLUTE LAST RESORT and it really shouldn't happen. Honestly, a person should have enough sense whether they need to wear a mask or not. Now I know some don't and could walk around knowingly or unknowningly infecting people. That's why the businesses should be the one's deciding whether or not to wear a mask. Cause if the gov't has to step in and do it you piss people off and you have someone who leans EXTREMELY left or right that can come in and steal an election from a good candidate.
    Last edited by StarkVegasSteve; 07-09-2020 at 01:24 PM.