Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Why there will be football.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobile Bay View Post
    Meanwhile people like me. I live alone and have been on work from home for months now. My productivity has collapsed. I get lower and lower each day from lack of interaction. I pretty much drink every day now. It's reached to point where I am getting help and am on medication.

Suicide rises with unemployment

Heroin deaths are at an all time high.

We may be killing more people with the response than the virus would have ever done.
    Brother, pm me anytime if you want somebody to talk to. I know you don't know me and prob have other people way ahead of me, but please reach out to them if it gets to that point. Or me. Or somebody else on here. This too shall pass.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    Oh I agree with you're saying. However my point is based on the fact of how the gov and decision makers have reacted over the last 4 months. Also my point is the gov and decision makers won't care about the athletic budgets and tv money. They'll close things in the name of safety.

As for MY thoughts on this whole issue of shutting down everything..... Ari Gold said it perfectly. However I'm not a GoV official or decision maker for athletics.
    I hear ya.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    Great post.
    Not really... all the dumbasses that laughed at this shit back in May are absolutely (albeit not totally) responsible if we don't have football this fall. And to them I say, 17 you!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NWADAWG View Post
    I'm going to bring the flu (also to include stomach viruses, whatever contagious sickness) back into conversation. 2 years from now when CV is wiped out/ vaccinated out/ easily treatable, are you gonna suggest that we all continue to isolate, wear masks, and live in fear that we may impact Or kill someone that chose not to stay home?

I have to vote next week on a city mask ordinance. I will possibly be the only one to vote no but I am telling you that I am sick and tired of this BS. When we feel our family is at risk, we take actions to protect ourself. This may mean that we have to give something up that we like. But, I don't feel like it is your responsibility to take care of my family. You shouldn't have to quit living life for the convenience of my family. And likewise, I shouldn't have to quit living mine.

Small government and self accountability are good things.
    What you are too stubborn to admit is that you are not taking personal responsibility by refusing to wear a mask. Your Personal responsibility to society is not to infect others. You are contagious before you show symptoms. Therefore, you cannot be certain you are not sick and infecting others.

Your right to swing your arm ends at my nose.

Your right to not wear a mask ends at your ability to infect others.

vCash
    Yet 10s of thousands still die of flu every year from it. I'm pretty confident that any health professional would tell you that wearing masks during flu season would drastically reduce deaths due to flu.

I understand that the sicknesses are not exactly apples to apples but both kill 10s of thousands and we currently can't seem to stop either from doing it.

If CV vaccine and treatment comes and we still have 60k people die from CV each year like flu(I think we will), then what?

For the record, there have already been mutations in CV. The mutations are the same reasons flu vaccines don't guarantee people not to get and die from flu.

If I believed that everyone wearing a mask for a few months would eradicate CV, I would actually support it. However, I don't believe it.

Again, you are too stubborn to know the truth. If you have the Flu, you are contagious and show symptoms in the same 24 hours. With Covid, you get the virus, you spread the virus for a week, then you show symptoms.

Wearing a mask might help some with Flu in crowded areas like airplanes and public transit.

The virus doesn't care what "you believe" and I see no evidence you took enough microbiology or virology classes to have an educated enough opinion about it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    You are right on my friend. Gov. Abbott here in TX mandates masks last Friday and it will cost him a re-election here. He should have just came out and re-Inforced that each business has the right to make this decision on their own. I don't mind wearing a mask where the businesses require but I refuse to wear it due to a gov. Mandate that is not actually legal or enforceable here.
    Yeah because the mask plan he had in place was working so well that the largest medical center in the world has run out of normal ICU beds....

Abbot did it as a last resort and overloaded our medical system.

The mandate is legal and enforceable. It's a public health issue. George Washington mandated immunization.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Have any players who have tested positive been symptomatic? Any hospitalized? Why on earth would we shut down a billions dollar industry because players who want to play contracted the virus and are asymptomatic?
    Yeah because death is the only issue with COVID....

https://www.sciencealert.com/covid-1...s-and-delirium
    https://www.healthline.com/health-ne...e-in-their-20s
    https://www.scmp.com/news/china/scie...ver-body-swiss

And no way those players have older people in their families, they are all orphans...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    Your 2nd paragraph is spot on. I?ve never seen anything like it. People have lost their minds over their hate for him.
    Yep have not seen anything like it since 2008-2016 about Obama.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SheltonChoked View Post
    What you are too stubborn to admit is that you are not taking personal responsibility by refusing to wear a mask. Your Personal responsibility to society is not to infect others. You are contagious before you show symptoms. Therefore, you cannot be certain you are not sick and infecting others.

Your right to swing your arm ends at my nose.

Your right to not wear a mask ends at your ability to infect others.
    I never said I don't wear a mask. As a matter of fact, I wear one whenever at stores or around others out in public that I can't stay socially distanced. I use common sense without any mandates to force me to.

vCash
    Brother, pm me anytime if you want somebody to talk to. I know you don't know me and prob have other people way ahead of me, but please reach out to them if it gets to that point. Or me. Or somebody else on here. This too shall pass.
    Same... PM and I will be glad to chat.

vCash
    I never said I don't wear a mask. As a matter of fact, I wear one whenever at stores or around others out in public that I can't stay socially distanced. I use common sense without any mandates to force me to.
    Don't argue with him. Waste of time. He is a liberal dem who is using any avenues he can to show he is correct on any subject matter. He won't debate just argue. Shelton is probably around 25...

vCash
    Correct. And I don't like trump.

Hospitals being overrun is not a new phenomenon. That's why I posted the above. It's our response that has changed.

We destroyed our economy, which was at a near all time high, for a virus that kills less people than the flu for those under 50. Less people than car wrecks if you're under 40. It is mind boggling that the response was not to shelter those over 50 and let them work from home and everybody else go about life.
    If sheltering everyone under 50 worked then we would not have outbreaks in nursing homes...

But we do, so that doesn't work.

and the entire world shut down. Every nation shut down it's economy. the difference is most of those goverments too it seriously, required masks, tested, contact traced, and isolated.

My home office is in Belgium. Belgium had the worst response to Covid -19 in Europe. They got a late start. They were shut down a month, work from home with 25% staff in the office for another 2 weeks, then to 50%. They wear masks, social distance, and shut down everything. 11% of the population was laid off.

Now they have less than 125 cases a day for the past 2 months. Wearing a mask is required in public. Social distancing is required. Most businesses are open.

We have been shown what to do. And that it works.

But we have too many that refuse to do it. And that's why we will not have in person schools or sports this fall.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobile Bay View Post
    Meanwhile people like me. I live alone and have been on work from home for months now. My productivity has collapsed. I get lower and lower each day from lack of interaction. I pretty much drink every day now. It's reached to point where I am getting help and am on medication.

Suicide rises with unemployment

Heroin deaths are at an all time high.

We may be killing more people with the response than the virus would have ever done.
    If we would wear masks, social distance, and wash our hands, we could re open like the rest of the world.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Turfdawg67 View Post
    Not really... all the dumbasses that laughed at this shit back in May are absolutely (albeit not totally) responsible if we don't have football this fall. And to them I say, 17 you!!
    This is such bullshit. Especially when protesting is allowed and encouraged but football outdoors isn't?

Maybe some things are out of our control. Fortunately with this you have 99% chance of living even if you go to a football game.

vCash
    If we would wear masks, social distance, and wash our hands, we could re open like the rest of the world.
    Prove it.

vCash
    If sheltering everyone under 50 worked then we would not have outbreaks in nursing homes...

But we do, so that doesn't work.

and the entire world shut down. Every nation shut down it's economy. the difference is most of those goverments too it seriously, required masks, tested, contact traced, and isolated.

My home office is in Belgium. Belgium had the worst response to Covid -19 in Europe. They got a late start. They were shut down a month, work from home with 25% staff in the office for another 2 weeks, then to 50%. They wear masks, social distance, and shut down everything. 11% of the population was laid off.

Now they have less than 125 cases a day for the past 2 months. Wearing a mask is required in public. Social distancing is required. Most businesses are open.

We have been shown what to do. And that it works.

But we have too many that refuse to do it. And that's why we will not have in person schools or sports this fall.
    If you think people in nursing homes are sheltered (isolated from human contact) or under 50, I don't know what to tell you.
    Last edited by confucius say; 07-09-2020 at 09:24 PM.

vCash
    Yeah because death is the only issue with COVID....

https://www.sciencealert.com/covid-1...s-and-delirium
    https://www.healthline.com/health-ne...e-in-their-20s
    https://www.scmp.com/news/china/scie...ver-body-swiss

And no way those players have older people in their families, they are all orphans...
    My post did not even contain the word death, yet you immediately changed the narrative to be about lack of death.

My post was about hospitalizations and asymptomatic. And you didn't answer the question: again, how many players have been sick enough to be hospitalized? Zero.

Finally, why on earth do you think our players would have to (or choose to) be around their older family members? Are you questioning their intelligence? Their compassion for their families? How dare you. Who are you to presume they are too stupid to not be around old people? I have old family members and I am not around them.

vCash
    Yep have not seen anything like it since 2008-2016 about Obama.....
    Not even close. The media absolutely loved Obama and the conservative people I know weren’t freaked out over him like people are about Trump. They didn’t care for him, but people still respected him. People are bar shit crazy over Trump.

vCash
    Just another reminder, because apparently no one seems to remember this, or wants to acknowledge it, but not wearing a mask is killing the economy right now. The 60+ crowd are the ones with the most disposable income, and study after study has shown that these people are indeed staying home because they don't feel safe. And it's the low wage service workers that serve this demographic that have lost the most jobs. So if you give a shit about people out of work, please wear a mask. The economics of Mississippi may be different because it's more rural with a smaller economy, but it's worth being aware of just the same.
    There's someone in my head but its not me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Prove it.
    Really? There's plenty of evidence out their indicating that very thing if you actually care to look for it. Nobody in here should have to prove anything to you.
    There's someone in my head but its not me.