Thread: Football seating location question

vCash

Football seating location question

Assuming we play and some fans are allowed in, the ones allowed in will be determined by bulldog club rank. But I've seen nothing regarding where those people let in will be seated. If my family and your family have tickets next to each other, who has to move? And more importantly, where are they moved to?

vCash
    I'm guessing they don't know for sure yet. If I had to take a gander, I would imagine that if some fans are allowed in, there's a very small chance people are going to be sitting in the actual seat numbers they purchased. Some lower level folks will get bumped to the upper deck, West side people may get bumped to the East side, club level may get moved to normal seating, etc.

If we are lucky enough to get to go games at all, people need to go ahead and accept that the experience this year isn't going to be the same as what they've gotten in previous years. It's probably going to be less fun and more of an inconvenience for pretty much everybody. I think the key is to make sure you know what you're getting yourself into when the time comes, and probably set your expectations low. If you think it would be easier to just watch from home, nobody is going to blame you in this climate.

vCash
    If you think about it everybody other than the group at the very top of the list is getting bumped. They get thier seats and then group number 2 has to be moved to create space and so on down the list.

vCash
    I would think they would do it like the annual reseat. The program is already in place to basically pick your seats based on priority online. The issue would be if the computer can then "gap" out the appropriate space between picks. In other words, if you pick seats 1-4 will the computer know to block out 5 and 6..... But thats certainly a guess.....

vCash
    Do y'all see any way that the East club, Scoreboard Club and Gridiron Club open at all this season?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy View Post
    Do y'all see any way that the East club, Scoreboard Club and Gridiron Club open at all this season?

As of right now, they will be open, but with reduced seating and no self serve buffet lines.

vCash
    Good thoughts. I think anybody planning to attend should expect to be moved and then be pleasantly surprised if not moved.

vCash
    I would guess that I would make the cut of 25,000 fans in the stadium based on priority. But that being said, my current seats in section 3 would probably not be in section 3 anymore. If they ask me to move to the upper deck I will ask for my money back.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy View Post
    I think you could maybe do East club and Scoreboard club since there is a larger segment of outdoor seating where you can spread out. I would be shocked if the Gridiron is open considering Gridiron passes are not technically tickets that grant you admission into the stadium, you have to have a separate ticket anyway. And that area is smaller, more cramped for space, and the outdoor area is small.

vCash
    I bet some hotel rooms have opened up. All were booked solid back in January when I tried to get rooms. I'm in the 3500 range in bulldog club rank and I have 2 seats in section 6 that I've already paid for.

No idea if I will be able to use those seats. And I'd love to book a hotel room for game weekends, but...thanks China!
    Last edited by MaroonFlounder; 07-08-2020 at 05:14 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Assuming we play and some fans are allowed in, the ones allowed in will be determined by bulldog club rank. But I've seen nothing regarding where those people let in will be seated. If my family and your family have tickets next to each other, who has to move? And more importantly, where are they moved to?
    My guess is, based on the way cases are going now, it will be students, and premium seating only.

Boxes limited to 10 people.

Club and loge level spread out in the lower level. Seats mapped by ticket group to keep space.

Students in end zone and upper deck (since they will be monitored daily for symptoms)

No gridiron club.

Free food and drink, but in individual plates/packages.

Probably limited to 10-15k total attendance.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SheltonChoked View Post
    My guess is, based on the way cases are going now, it will be students, and premium seating only.

Club and loge level spread out in the lower level. Seats mapped by ticket group to keep space.

Students in end zone and upper deck (since they will be monitored daily for symptoms)

No gridiron club.

Don't think there's a good justification for limiting attendance in boxes. There will be a box "owner" that can decide how many seats of the box he wants to utilize and everybody invited can decide whether or not to come. It's not like the club level or normal seats where you have different people with competing rights to be in an area.

The only difference will be potentially increasing the number of people using the elevators and hallways, but if you require people to space out when they enter, you're not really moving the needle much there, unless it is so airborne that you shouldn't let anybody use the elevators or hallways.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    Don't think there's a good justification for limiting attendance in boxes. There will be a box "owner" that can decide how many seats of the box he wants to utilize and everybody invited can decide whether or not to come. It's not like the club level or normal seats where you have different people with competing rights to be in an area.

The only difference will be potentially increasing the number of people using the elevators and hallways, but if you require people to space out when they enter, you're not really moving the needle much there, unless it is so airborne that you shouldn't let anybody use the elevators or hallways.
    Except for the CDC guidance on limiting to groups smaller than 10 when you cannot social distance...

So if you ignore the experts, yeah no justification at all...

vCash

No gridiron club.

Thats probably the best idea. Limit it to students and suite owners. Since the suite owners can be given guidelines and if they don't follow them........well, they were told.

As far as the general seating.......it should just be students since they are already on campus. State doesn't need an influx of 10s or thousands showing up and potentially bringing the virus. THe students are already there on campus.

It sucks for Joe Regular but you always have TV.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    Thats probably the best idea. Limit it to students and suite owners. Since the suite owners can be given guidelines and if they don't follow them........well, they were told.

As far as the general seating.......it should just be students since they are already on campus. State doesn't need an influx of 10s or thousands showing up and potentially bringing the virus. THe students are already there on campus.

It sucks for Joe Regular but you always have TV
    The problem is that Joe Regular and Bob from Bogue Chitto that usually buys 4-6 seats and has a house or a condo in Starkville will realize that he doesn't need all that anymore. Then the university loses money as well as the Starkville economy. It's a tricky slope and there's not a correct answer. But only letting suite owners and students in is not a correct option IMO. And honestly it doesn't really matter what we think because the university is going to do what they feel is correct.

vCash
    Except for the CDC guidance on limiting to groups smaller than 10 when you cannot social distance...

So if you ignore the experts, yeah no justification at all...
    Amazing that suite owners managed to amass enough wealth to pay, what, $50k a year for a football suite plus tickets and food, and yet are incapable of learning of CDC guidelines, and instead the university just has to arbitrarily put a 10 person limit with no understanding of who would be in the suite or what their exposure would be or what their risk profile is. If only there was a way for the suite owners to learn what the CDC recommended themselves...If only...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    Amazing that suite owners managed to amass enough wealth to pay, what, $50k a year for a football suite plus tickets and food, and yet are incapable of learning of CDC guidelines, and instead the university just has to arbitrarily put a 10 person limit with no understanding of who would be in the suite or what their exposure would be or what their risk profile is. If only there was a way for the suite owners to learn what the CDC recommended themselves...If only...
    You didn't...

I'm beginning to think you freeload off someones suite and won't be in the 10 people....