Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: So now that sports and politics are all mixed together can someone

vCash

So now that sports and politics are all mixed together can someone

explain to me how the moderators are going to separate the two? Go ahead and lock them all, shut it down but don't stop some threads that don't agree with your narrative.

For those that say moderators shut down political threads, every thread is a political thread. And thanks to the mob, there are no discussion of sports without politics being brought in.

I am one that I wish everyone would leave politics out of sports. I get that with no sports, BLM stuff, kneeling anthems, etc. we may never remove politics from sports again.

Sports has been one area that has brought people together but not now.

vCash
    By design unfortunately.

vCash
    Look.. it has nothing about pushing an agenda for either side...

and how will it be handled... carefully.

vCash
    I think the mods have been pretty consistent with allowing content for discussion ... It's pretty easy to see when a thread is going bad or possibly causing damage where damage could be avoided ... I would much prefer sports discussion but folks like Shotgun are ostracized when they start too many post on whatever in an effort to promote sports discussion ... please feel free to bring something sports related to the board - I think everyone is starving for it
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

Senior Member Interpolation_Dawg_EX's Avatar
    vCash
    Sports are entertainment and were an escape, but with COVID and the race war my perspective has changed. It will never be the same again and some people need perspective on its importance. If I have to choose between fully supporting BLM to watch sports or not watching sports at all, I guess I'll be doing more outdoors activities.

vCash
    Where is Shotgun?

vCash
    It isn't hard to separate what's okay for the board and not. R2Dawg, it's only you who refuses to understand the difference.

Let me take a wild guess and what their criteria are:
    Okay: Sports-related politics. Things that affect MSU playing, policy toward coronavirus, team name changes and political correctness in sports. It's expected that people remain civil.

Not okay: Low-effort, trash posts blindly about BLM. Zero ties to sports, literally only meant to incite people--not phrased in any way to allow for reasonable civil discussion. Like a 6 year old mashing keys on a keyboard.

Oh, what do you know R2Dawg? You posted the latter kind.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bostondawg View Post
    It isn't hard to separate what's okay for the board and not. R2Dawg, it's only you who refuses to understand the difference.

Okay: Sports-related politics. Things that affect MSU playing, policy toward coronavirus, team name changes and political correctness in sports. It's expected that people remain civil.

Not okay: Low-effort, trash posts blindly about BLM. Zero ties to sports, literally only meant to incite people--not phrased in any way to allow for reasonable civil discussion. Like a 6 year old mashing keys on a keyboard.

I read what he is saying is this:

When sports comes back alive and is televised, television channels will politicize it with the BLM, Black National Anthem (never knew there was a seperate Black "Nation" with its own anthem), kneeling, or whatever. This is not what we want to see - we want to see SPORTS and only SPORTS and not any political biases or other "statements" not related to sports. We want to see players that love the game play the game to the best of their ability and are proud to be there representing their university/club and not a bunch sh--theads, including reporters/announcers trying making a statement and get their 2 minutes of fame.

vCash
    Does this mean I can sell my coffee on here now?!

vCash
    Sports used to be a way for me to get away from the stress of life for a little while. I remember watching sportscenter back in the day for highlights and sports news. That's all been taken away and even in live sports now they have to interject politics, what a shame. As Bob Dylan sang times they are changin'

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    Does this mean I can sell my coffee on here now?!
    Now that's funny I don't care who you are!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Extendedcab View Post

When sports comes back alive and is televised, television channels will politicize it with the BLM, Black National Anthem (never knew there was a seperate Black "Nation" with its own anthem), kneeling, or whatever. This is not what we want to see - we want to see SPORTS and only SPORTS and not any political biases or other "statements" not related to sports. We want to see players that love the game play the game to the best of their ability and are proud to be there representing their university/club and not a bunch sh--theads, including reporters/announcers trying making a statement and get their 2 minutes of fame.
    Yep. Thing is once this is "over" if there ever really is an end to it eventually sports fans will turn against the media trying to drive politics into their sports. People will pay to get the local broadcast to avoid it. ESPN will wonder what happened.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Yep. Thing is once this is "over" if there ever really is an end to it eventually sports fans will turn against the media trying to drive politics into their sports. People will pay to get the local broadcast to avoid it. ESPN will wonder what happened.
    ESPN app sky cam + local broadcast FTW

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Extendedcab View Post

Did you forget to include the current POTUS' spectacle at the Daytona 500 this year or did I skip over that part of your analogy???****

I kid, but I think the mods have done a great job. There has been civil discussions on here in the absence of sports. Just as the other discussion for sports this fall and the economic impact - unfortunately, it appears money and professional leagues (and their players) want to keep mixing the two and I don't see it untangling.

Banned
    vCash
    Scoob's kept the board from spiraling into utter calamity while at the same time allowing needed discussion to prevent this place from becoming an echo chamber on either side.

He's actually done a hell of a job at keeping shit clean here and been very lenient in this weird time we live in. My only complaint is he hasn't banned one troll off this board yet, but that guy's days are numbered with how he posts.

Signed,

A guy who got banned by Scoob recently.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bostondawg View Post

Boston, where have you been? Every thread on the board for months ends up a political or race topic. Again where have you been with kneeling and the anthem for years and especially coming up. It will be mixed forever more and I hate it but like others. The next sports season will be a crap show of politics, it already is. Not dealing with politics is one of great draws of sports and it was also a unifying one. It will not be anymore. Nor is it on this board either.

If it goes too far I'll walk away. I already have to some degree. I have lots of outdoor hobbies. I'm not going to put up with the mob in my sports too. You acting just like the cancel culture, say anything you don't like and get rid of them. Carry on.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Hope you are right but most people seem to love this and support all this junk.

vCash
    There are no sports right now besides UFC. So how bout we just don't post anything except mixed martial arts threads? I'm kidding. Right now things aren't normal in any way so just pull your pants up and deal with it. This is a free message board that moderators moderate for free.

vCash
    I've slowly been drifting away from sports for a few years now and it's because of the reason you mentioned. I don't want politics in my sports but sadly it's the way it is now. College used to be an outlet but even that's been infected by the pc crowd now.

Remember when MTV was music all day long and now it's dumb reality tv all day. I don't believe they even play music anymore. Sad but like CC said earlier times they are a changin'.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by coastratdog View Post
    Where is Shotgun?
    I'm here, but I gotta admit: I'm pretty tapped on sports discussion topics without any sports going on.

- We can only guess so much about what a Mike Leach coached MSU team will look like - We've done that

- The thought of college football not being played is so depressive to me that I have absolutely no passion for discussing it.

- I'm done with politics & the virus discussion as well. We get told so many different things by so many people with agendas that I have trouble separating truth from reality. Others seem to be much more confident in their ability to do that*

- The country needs sports not only for local college town economies, but also so the country has an emotional outlet. I have no doubt that at least some portion of the political passion in the country right now is due to there being no sports for which people to be distracted by and to pour their emotions into. Thus they just pour their emotions into politics, which isn't healthy.

- I'll start sports threads once I have something to talk about or a non political bone to pick. As of now, I'm tapped out though. I can only make chicken salad out of chicken shit for so long.

- I don't get paid to post. It's not my job but it is a hobby. When I post, I typically post on something that I'm passionate about or I want to learn about. When there isn't any sports & I refuse to argue about politics, what am I supposed to post about?

This virus has literally done what so many on here have failed to do.... shut me up
    Last edited by ShotgunDawg; 07-09-2020 at 09:00 PM.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More