Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: So now that sports and politics are all mixed together can someone

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    Well played...
    I only dream about one day maybe getting to visit Mobile or New Orleans... if I could only get my 1975 Winnebago up and running again..
    I've got you ALL BEAT ... I paddled across the river and ventured into Arkansas
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FISHDAWG View Post
    I've got you ALL BEAT ... I paddled across the river and ventured into Arkansas
    Maybe, maybe just one day, save all pennies up and you can venture all the way to the great state of Iowa, and see what the real world is all about. Probably not likely, but one can hope******

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Maybe, maybe just one day, save all pennies up and you can venture all the way to the great state of Iowa, and see what the real world is all about. Probably not likely, but one can hope******
    Why would he do that? Everyone knows true State fans save their pennies, their second mortgage on their trailer, and money for their wife's boyfriends' prosthetic leg for our once in a lifetime trip to Omaha!
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobaDawg View Post
    Please explain the KKK connection... that's a strong statement..
    It's the news network that brings up deep state this deep state that every chance it gets. It exploded because they had a blonde willing to say the same talking points Trump was back in his rise to the presidency. I'm sorry but if your news outlet aligns with David ****ing Duke on most matters then there's an issue.

And lol at the accusation that I just found out about this news network. Where were you in 2015? This network exploded right along with Trump and kept up the thinly veiled white supremacist rhetoric. Again, it's a network for those who think Fox News is not conservative enough. It's not a neutral site and their former star says as much. They aren't in the telling it like it is business. They are in the commentary and "making the news". Real quote from her btw.

To the others in this thread begging for scoob to ban me. The mute button is right there buddy. Sorry you can't comprehend or stand that someone would grow up in Mississippi a straight white male who went to school in STEM for 6 years and two degrees at MSU after paying for college on their own and come out with a "liberal" worldview.

If me existing is considered a huge part of the problem then your worldview needs to be challenged because you clearly can't even began to comprehend what actual problems exist in today's society. If my posting on this message board is a huge problem for you then you are blessed beyond measure. With that you should know to be thankful and not spew hateful garbage and claim that you and your idols are nowhere near actual persecution. Ask Jrue Holiday what it's like to see an actual problem. It's still a crime to be black.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    He absolutely didn?t play because he was not good enough for the NFL. He was an anomaly when he won the DPOY the year. Nothing prior to his senior year lead you to believe he was going to be DPOY. He was a one hit wonder, had one great year. Good for him but that was it. He was way undersized for the NFL at DE, weak for a DL with his combine reps, and not close to fast enough to play OLB. He dropped considerably prior to the draft because of his poor showing at the combine And his size. He was not good enough and after his rookie year he was invited to the NFL free agents combine in which he was even worse than his first combine coming out of college.

You can continue to spew this fallacy to attempt to further your talking points but it has no fact behind it. Heck the man couldn?t even make past 1 year in the CFL but you ignorantly believe he was not given a fair shake by the NFL? I guess as DPOY he should have been selected over Clowney in 2014 with you arguments...they came out the same year. There were 22 DE?s selected in 2014 and he was rated around 20th, so he was drafted where he should have been. There were 22 of the 41 7th rounders who made the final cuts, so him being cut was more than in line with where he was selected. The player that was kept had almost identical stats but could play multiple DL positions and played in the league for 5-6 years. It?s just absurd noise and as poor of an example you could have chosen.

The rest of your response is just hyperbole, where did I try to reset the argument? That?s an absurd statement, my argument has and continues to be that you used a fallacy cause for your argument. It?s a piss poor attempt of an example. Period. That?s all my point was about. You are so blinded by your agenda, where you could have literally stayed talking about Kap and Reid and had a much much better argument but you throw in a make believe story when it?s factually wrong. His sexuality had nothing to do with it, there have been and are known gay players in the NFL for decades. Just because they didn?t come out publicly or to the media or even the majority of their teammates, doesn?t mean executives and players didn?t know. He was cut because he was not good enough for the NFL. Period. Believe whatever you want in you fairy tale head but know it?s a false argument.
    Again you're not even comprehending what the original argument was. I told you to reset the argument back because it's ventured off course.

My point simply is that it is not one-sided. That was Ari's point. Go back and re-read from the beginning of need be. All I have to do is point out a singular example where he is wrong and his argument is wrong. Which is what I've done. Michael Sam isn't in the league solely because he was gay. But you're kidding yourself if you believe it didn't play a part. The NFL wouldn't toss aside an SECDPOY without one in game snap without reason other than thinking he's not good enough. Some coach somewhere would have an ego thinking they could get that production out of him at the next level.

But that's all a moot point because the kap and reid points already stuck. Ari was proven false.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dantheman4248 View Post
    It's the news network that brings up deep state this deep state that every chance it gets. It exploded because they had a blonde willing to say the same talking points Trump was back in his rise to the presidency. I'm sorry but if your news outlet aligns with David ****ing Duke on most matters then there's an issue.

And lol at the accusation that I just found out about this news network. Where were you in 2015? This network exploded right along with Trump and kept up the thinly veiled white supremacist rhetoric. Again, it's a network for those who think Fox News is not conservative enough. It's not a neutral site and their former star says as much. They aren't in the telling it like it is business. They are in the commentary and "making the news". Real quote from her btw.

To the others in this thread begging for scoob to ban me. The mute button is right there buddy. Sorry you can't comprehend or stand that someone would grow up in Mississippi a straight white male who went to school in STEM for 6 years and two degrees at MSU after paying for college on their own and come out with a "liberal" worldview.

If me existing is considered a huge part of the problem then your worldview needs to be challenged because you clearly can't even began to comprehend what actual problems exist in today's society. If my posting on this message board is a huge problem for you then you are blessed beyond measure. With that you should know to be thankful and not spew hateful garbage and claim that you and your idols are nowhere near actual persecution. Ask Jrue Holiday what it's like to see an actual problem. It's still a crime to be black.
    Maybe OAN can start showing the Dukes of Hazzard in its rotation.. that General Lee is probably in the parking lot right now.
    Also someone needs to tell Chanel Rion ( half Korean ) that she wore for a station is all about white supremacy. Im sure there are other non full blooded blonde blue eye people working there ..
    And for its format I wouldn?t know. I have watched maybe 2 hours total of that station.. but you seem to be very knowledgeable about its format. or is it just what you have read other people say about it... because that?s always 100% accurate..

Again All coach did was wear a T-shirt.. with his family ..

What if Derek Mason wore a CNN shirt on a fishing trip with buddies and took a pic.. a Vandy player white or black said I can?t play for that coach because of that T-shirt.. that station has views and personalities on it that offends and upsets me...
    not only would I laugh at him but so would all of America. As they should

And congrats on the college journey... it?s amazing what you did.. damn near immortal

Dude you can be a liberal , you can be democrat , it?s all good that?s what?s great about America.
    But if you start firing at others on their beliefs or opinions and start calling individuals out and basically call ME a racist don?t be shocked if they fire back.. and fire back hard

And come to think about I think you have a history of firing at me about other topics as well.. maybe this is a pattern with you..
    Last edited by Ari Gold; 07-15-2020 at 08:59 AM.

vCash
    Maybe OAN can start showing the Dukes of Hazzard in its rotation.. that General Lee is probably in the parking lot right now.
    Also someone needs to tell Chanel Rion ( half Korean ) that she wore for a station is all about white supremacy. Im sure there are other non full blooded blonde blue eye people working there ..
    And for its format I wouldn?t know. I have watched maybe 2 hours total of that station.. but you seem to be very knowledgeable about its format. or is it just what you have read other people say about it... because that?s always 100% accurate..

What if Derek Mason wore a CNN shirt on a fishing trip with buddies and took a pic.. a Vandy player white or black said I can?t play for that coach because of that T-shirt.. that station has views and personalities on it that offends and upsets me...

And congrats on the college journey... it?s amazing what you did.. damn near immortal

Dude you can be a liberal , you can be democrat , it?s all good that?s what?s great about America.
    But if you start firing at others on their beliefs or opinions and start calling individuals out and basically call ME a racist don?t be shocked if they fire back.. and fire back hard

And come to think about I think you have a history of firing at me about other topics as well.. maybe this is a pattern with you..

Are you suggesting a civil conversation where two opinions can agree to disagree without claiming opinions as fact??

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StateDawg44 View Post
    Are you suggesting a civil conversation where two opinions can agree to disagree without claiming opinions as fact??
    I agree that opinions don't have to be fact based. However, there are post that do contain facts but people like Dan reject facts that do not agree with his biased agenda or worldview! That is the reason for a lot of the hateful posts from some people! They can not accept the truth!

Banned
    vCash

You call out groups of people and I turn it around and flip it back on you and disagree with you. That's the pattern there bud. You're mad you can't call a group of students who don't live breathe and die by an uninspiring basketball team out and not just be coddled with your opinion. Same as here, you claim that it's all one-sided and persecution this or that. The two dudes had to walk back and apologize for total naivety. Ignorance just isn't an acceptable excuse anymore in today's society.

Comparing OANN to CNN or even to Fox News is an absolute joke. That network has as much credibility as the ufos tabloid magazines in walmart or the crackhead sitting out front of walmart. Again they aren't in the neutral news industry. They give commentary and make the news themself. People who support that support something extremely dangerous that we see as a huge problem infesting our country. That neutral news is going away. No one tells the facts anymore.

And if you don't like being aligned with groups you clearly feel as racist, then do some self-reflection. Ask yourself why your views and your news are aligning so closely with those groups if you are "totally not a racist." Gotta ask those questions man.

vCash
    Again you're not even comprehending what the original argument was. I told you to reset the argument back because it's ventured off course.

My point simply is that it is not one-sided. That was Ari's point. Go back and re-read from the beginning of need be. All I have to do is point out a singular example where he is wrong and his argument is wrong. Which is what I've done. Michael Sam isn't in the league solely because he was gay. But you're kidding yourself if you believe it didn't play a part. The NFL wouldn't toss aside an SECDPOY without one in game snap without reason other than thinking he's not good enough. Some coach somewhere would have an ego thinking they could get that production out of him at the next level.

But that's all a moot point because the kap and reid points already stuck. Ari was proven false.
    The NFL doesn’t give two shits about a college award. Especially a conference award. In fact, I’d argue that Sam got more coverage and airplay BECAUSE he was gay. How many mid-late round picks have a camera crew at their house to cover their drafting??

vCash
    You call out groups of people and I turn it around and flip it back on you and disagree with you. That's the pattern there bud. You're mad you can't call a group of students who don't live breathe and die by an uninspiring basketball team out and not just be coddled with your opinion. Same as here, you claim that it's all one-sided and persecution this or that. The two dudes had to walk back and apologize for total naivety. Ignorance just isn't an acceptable excuse anymore in today's society.

Comparing OANN to CNN or even to Fox News is an absolute joke. That network has as much credibility as the ufos tabloid magazines in walmart or the crackhead sitting out front of walmart. Again they aren't in the neutral news industry. They give commentary and make the news themself. People who support that support something extremely dangerous that we see as a huge problem infesting our country. That neutral news is going away. No one tells the facts anymore.

And if you don't like being aligned with groups you clearly feel as racist, then do some self-reflection. Ask yourself why your views and your news are aligning so closely with those groups if you are "totally not a racist." Gotta ask those questions man.
    What an embarrassing message..
    Last edited by Ari Gold; 07-15-2020 at 03:53 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shoeless joe View Post
    The NFL doesn’t give two shits about a college award. Especially a conference award. In fact, I’d argue that Sam got more coverage and airplay BECAUSE he was gay. How many mid-late round picks have a camera crew at their house to cover their drafting??
    Exactly! Tim Tebow was a great college player won the heisman but no way was he ever gonna make it as a qb in the nfl. He's just one example but the list is long of "college award winners" who were not nfl talents.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Exactly! Tim Tebow was a great college player won the heisman but no way was he ever gonna make it as a qb in the nfl. He's just one example but the list is long of "college award winners" who were not nfl talents.
    How many snaps did Jason white take in the NFL? I wonder what he was persecuted for...

vCash
    How many snaps did Jason white take in the NFL? I wonder what he was persecuted for...
    Knees made from balsa wood and broken glass?**

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Knees made from balsa wood and broken glass?**
    You still the king man!

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Sam did get more coverage because he was gay. Same as Tebow for christianity. That's not the argument. The argument is the restriction of opportunity. You yourself actually prove the point more with Tebow. He received way more consideration and opportunities than a qb like him should have. He was a 1st round pick lmao.

Jason White is the better counterpoint. Still that is 0 knees total for straight people winning big time awards this century and taking 0 downs in the NFL. His injury history kept almost everyone away besides a practice squad stint.

I'm not arguing Sam would have done jack shit in the NFL, but you're kidding yourself if you think his sexuality didn't harm his chances. Again coaches had so much ego they thought they could win with Tebow as QB in a traditional NFL offense. I simply do not buy that a coach would not have the ego to think they could replicate the success the man had in the best conference in football, especially when it was towards its peak.

Are you really buying that a DPOY in the SEC at its peak was so untalented that he didn't play a snap in the nfl and that it was only a coincidence that he was the first openly gay player? Again it doesn't pass the smell test.

vCash
    But he wasn't gay. Won't fit the motif....

vCash
    I'm not arguing Sam would have done jack shit in the NFL, but you're kidding yourself if you think his sexuality didn't harm his chances.
    Agree, but that wasn't just on ownership; there would've been plenty of push-back from the locker room. After all, the African American community is historically not quite the safe haven for the LGBTQ community.

And, as mentioned before, his combine numbers didn't help.
    Last edited by BeardoMSU; 07-15-2020 at 07:26 PM.

vCash
    I'm literally arguing on a board with a majority of people whose biggest city they've been to is Jackson, NOLA or Mobile.
    Haha, damn you are condescending and arrogant. Believe it or not, not everyone that disagrees with you is a backwoods, inbred hick from bum 17.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sandwolf View Post
    Haha, damn you are condescending and arrogant. Believe it or not, not everyone that disagrees with you is a backwoods, inbred hick from bum 17.
    I can't believe you guys are still engaging him ..... Scooba, please have mercy on us .... where the hell is Cadaverdawg - we need Thor now more than ever
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.