Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: So now that sports and politics are all mixed together can someone

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dantheman4248 View Post
    How am I the one in an echo chamber here? It literally can't describe me to a T on that alone. I'm literally arguing on a board with a majority of people whose biggest city they've been to is Jackson, NOLA or Mobile.

Beyond that I'm constantly coming back to a place where my views are challenged repeatedly. If I couldn't stand that why am I still here? Sure I attack character and motives of those lacking good character. I've only muted one user on here and that was more out of respect to the top mod here. Nowhere I've threatened / assaulted people

So that loops us back to you believing in what you feel over what is real.
    So don't call anyone a snowflake, I didn't make a comment directly to you until you didn't like me agreeing with Ari comments. Actually I could care less what you think and for the most part what others think. That's why I stay away from the virus conversations and the political conversations for the most part.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    So don't call anyone a snowflake, I didn't make a comment directly to you until you didn't like me agreeing with Ari comments. Actually I could care less what you think and for the most part what others think. That's why I stay away from the virus conversations and the political conversations for the most part.
    If you don't like the way your shirt fits, change something.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    Sports isn?t political.. it?s one sided...

Drew Bresse is example A
    Mike Grundy example B

Gundy wears a ****ing T-shirt that 80% of people have no clue what it is and there is zero that is offensive about it.. cost him a million dollars and that Scarlett letter for the rest of his coaching career and basically life
    Gregg Pop all but says America sucks and does say the flag is irrelevant ... crickets and is praised for his courage

Drew says he doesn?t agree anyone should knell for the anthem .. might as well said I?m a nazi and clan member .. compared to
    Well Basically pick any other athlete or sports figure head Lebron, Kap, Shannon Sharon, Desean jackson, Stephen jackson, ect...
    It?s silly, it?s embarrassing, it?s ridiculous, it?s tired, and it?s killing sports..
    Bingo

vCash
    Yes. One sided. And two more already jumped in to agree with you. So smart.

Gundy and Brees kept their jobs.

Kaepernick can't sign with a team.

Yes. One sided.

Get out of your echo chamber, sheesh.

All 3 of y'all praising a post that makes you FEEL good and isn't based in REALity. Bunch of snowflakes.
    Kaepernick doesn't want a job. Try again. The Patriots offered him the same deal as Cam Newton and he wanted 20 million.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Kaepernick doesn't want a job. Try again. The Patriots offered him the same deal as Cam Newton and he wanted 20 million.
    Not sure about the seriousness of that Pat's deal. I do know he didn't want to be a backup, despite the fact that's exactly what he was prior to him protesting. Even as a starter, he was never that good, and if he was, he'd still be playing. The nfl will tolerate just about anything for a quality QB.
    A backup? Not so much.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    It's like you attack the example but ignore the obvious point of the post that Mr. Ari Tungsten decided that only his group was persecuted. They didn't even have anything bad happen to them other than getting the freebie to walk back their idiotic comments.

Michael Sam went from SECDPOY to not a snap in the regular season of NFL. Eric Reid had to have a team be desperate for a safety for a job. But only white men with shit opinions are persecuted.

vCash
    It's like you attack the example but ignore the obvious point of the post that Mr. Ari Tungsten decided that only his group was persecuted. They didn't even have anything bad happen to them other than getting the freebie to walk back their idiotic comments.

Michael Sam went from SECDPOY to not a snap in the regular season of NFL. Eric Reid had to have a team be desperate for a safety for a job. But only white men with shit opinions are persecuted.
    Sam is not a good example. He couldn?t play in the league. He was too small for DE and could only play on one side as an end and didn?t have the speed to play Outside LB. He was one of several 7th rounders that were cut that rookie season, only 22 of the 41 7th rounders that year made the final cuts for their team. Rams kept a player with nearly the same stats but could play multiple DL positions. Dallas signed him to practice squad but that pretty much ended his NFL career. His combine numbers hurt his stock a good bit. The best after the combine he was looking at 5th- 6th round tops. Prior to the combine, he was rated as a possible 3rd - 4th rounder. He wasn?t great at the Senior Bowl either. He had a great year at Mizzou but it was not sustainable in the league.

vCash

I attacked the example where you were clearly wrong. And nothing you say is going to change that. Actually I could and should have pointed out that Kaepernick has actually been given offers a number of times but each time he has turned it down.

And Michael Sam? You might want to look up Dave Kopay and Esera Tuaolo before you go that route. Or the little known fact that Vince Lombardi- yes, that Vince Lombardi had a brother who was gay and told his coaches in the 1960's that he would fire them if he heard them utter any gay slur.

See there is this little thing in sports where you have to actually PERFORM to play. And if you suck it doesn't matter if you are Billy Graham or if you are RuPaul they're not going to offer you. If they offer you a job like they did Kaeprnick and the player turns it down- that's not the NFL's problem either. They'll go sign someone else that wants to play in the NFL while little sheep like you buy their activist bullshit and talk about how bad off they are while they just signed a contract with Disney.

Banned
    vCash
    So neither of you went for Eric Reid.

I'll just consider that an argument won and you two can't see past what happened that the NFL players couldn't tolerate an openly gay player in the locker room at that point.

How many SEC DPOY never played a down in the NFL? Really just a coincidence that the one that didnt is gay and somehow once he's out is not suitable for the NFL? Plenty of players have had bad workouts and still gotten a chance in game.

But again, the point stands that all 3 that I mentioned had a significantly more difficult time in their respective field than the two Ari Iron mentioned. But it's totally one-sided against bigoted idiots.

vCash

I'll just consider that an argument won and you two can't see past what happened that the NFL players couldn't tolerate an openly gay player in the locker room at that point.

How many SEC DPOY never played a down in the NFL? Really just a coincidence that the one that didnt is gay and somehow once he's out is not suitable for the NFL? Plenty of players have had bad workouts and still gotten a chance in game.

But again, the point stands that all 3 that I mentioned had a significantly more difficult time in their respective field than the two Ari Iron mentioned. But it's totally one-sided against bigoted idiots.
    You didn’t win anything, Michael Sam was a poor example, you lost that. No matter how many times you declare yourself a winner of something, it just means the delusion of your opinion is higher than others, narcissistic mindset with false objectivity. You are letting your blind agenda distort the fact he couldn’t play in the league. Period. Gay or not gay he was not good enough. Had absolutely nothing to do with his sexuality, and you think the league didn’t know about him before he came out openly to the media? We was already out 6 months before the interview because he told his teammates. The SEC knew and still selected him SEC DPOY. The league still drafted him. BTW depending on the pundit, there were players rated ahead of Sam not even drafted. It’s subjective but he along with half of the other 7th rounders were not good enough. But you are not champion those players since they don’t fit your false argument.

I didn’t address the other players because it’s that’s separate issues altogether. Sam just flat could not play and he got the same opportunity that 20 other 7th rounders got who were ultimately cut as well.
    Last edited by Really Clark?; 07-13-2020 at 08:19 AM.

vCash
    Sports: I can't wait to see what Mike Leach does in 2021 when college football returns.

Go...

vCash

All of this proves one thing... You are part of the problem... a huge part of the problem..

vCash
    Banning black people from baseball in the early days? Political.
    Jackie Robinson's debut? Political.
    MSU vs. Loyola's Game of Change? Political.
    Miracle on Ice? Political.
    The United States boycotting the 1980 Olympics? Political.
    Bubba Wallace adding Black Lives Matter to his car? Political.
    Ole Miss's entire history: Dixie, Confederate Flags at games, Colonel Reb, the Rebels name? All political.
    Numerous athletes protesting the Vietnam war during the national anthem? Political.
    Numerous athletes protesting for black lives during the national anthem? Also political!
    The national anthem before games at all? F22 flyovers before games? Refusing to fly the Mississippi flag at sporting events? Making kids say the pledge of allegiance every day? Political.

Sports--and indeed, our entire lives--are filled with politics everywhere you look. And always have been. Just because you haven't been paying attention doesn't change that fact. You don't get to tell athletes to "shut up and dribble" any more than they get to tell you to "shut up and watch."

Many of you are mentioning how you're slowly drifting away from watching sports because politics you disagree with make you uncomfortable. That you're finding new hobbies. That's good! You should take care of your mental health and create whatever spaces you need to feel better. You don't have a constitutional right to watch sports without politics. But you do have a right to not watch sports at all!

In short: if you are complaining about black lives matter politics in sports right now, but you didn't say a squeak about any of the things above, you're a hypocrite. You don't get to pick and choose which politics you think are acceptable in sports.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bostondawg View Post
    You don't get to tell athletes to "shut up and dribble" any more than they get to tell you to "shut up and watch."
    This should be on a bumper sticker, lol.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bostondawg View Post
    Banning black people from baseball in the early days? Political.
    Jackie Robinson's debut? Political.
    MSU vs. Loyola's Game of Change? Political.
    Miracle on Ice? Political.
    The United States boycotting the 1980 Olympics? Political.
    Bubba Wallace adding Black Lives Matter to his car? Political.
    Ole Miss's entire history: Dixie, Confederate Flags at games, Colonel Reb, the Rebels name? All political.
    Numerous athletes protesting the Vietnam war during the national anthem? Political.
    Numerous athletes protesting for black lives during the national anthem? Also political!
    The national anthem before games at all? F22 flyovers before games? Refusing to fly the Mississippi flag at sporting events? Making kids say the pledge of allegiance every day? Political.

Sports--and indeed, our entire lives--are filled with politics everywhere you look. And always have been. Just because you haven't been paying attention doesn't change that fact. You don't get to tell athletes to "shut up and dribble" any more than they get to tell you to "shut up and watch."

Many of you are mentioning how you're slowly drifting away from watching sports because politics you disagree with make you uncomfortable. That you're finding new hobbies. That's good! You should take care of your mental health and create whatever spaces you need to feel better. You don't have a constitutional right to watch sports without politics. But you do have a right to not watch sports at all!

In short: if you are complaining about black lives matter politics in sports right now, but you didn't say a squeak about any of the things above, you're a hypocrite. You don't get to pick and choose which politics you think are acceptable in sports.
    An excellent post.

I am an old white man.

We all have our inbred faults to overcome and with the help of God may it be so!

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    All of this proves one thing... You are part of the problem... a huge part of the problem..
    That your poor wittle feel good it's ok to be kkk tv station being attacked is the biggest injustice in your life and the only problem you have to deal with? Oh what a ****ing life you have there Ari Lead.

vCash

OK. Well, I'll address it. The FACT that he protested with Kaepernick and still played in the NFL after the protest and signed a deal with the Panthers worth 22 million makes you even more wrong about Kaepernick.

Any other red herrings that you would like for me to address like I did with the gay player issue that you apparently completely glossed over that also proved you completely wrong? I mean when Vince ****ing Lombardi says that it isn't OK to discriminate against gay people I don't know what else you want.

The only thing that's obvious is that you are going continue to be a beta male that bitches just to bitch and can't see the facts through your tears.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Not sure about the seriousness of that Pat's deal. I do know he didn't want to be a backup, despite the fact that's exactly what he was prior to him protesting. Even as a starter, he was never that good, and if he was, he'd still be playing. The nfl will tolerate just about anything for a quality QB.
    A backup? Not so much.
    This is spot on. He could have protested just about anything and he’d be in the NFL if he was good enough. He was actually smart enough to realize that making himself out to be a martyr was an easier path to a big payday.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shoeless joe View Post
    This is spot on. He could have protested just about anything and he’d be in the NFL if he was good enough. He was actually smart enough to realize that making himself out to be a martyr was an easier path to a big payday.
    YEP. See Eric Reid.

Some people conveniently forget the fact that you have to actually be good enough to play. Or in Kaepernick's case- want to play.

Banned
    vCash
    Let me reset this argument for you because you're clearly missing the point.

Reid / Sam / Kaep are proof that it is not one sided. (The original point that Ari Nickel made.) Not that they are absolutely TOTALLY persecuted out of the league. Just that they are persecuted as well. And worse than Drew ScAmway promoter Brees and Mike O i Aint kNow they were racist Gundy have been.

You're missing the whole argument and attaching yourself to something you clearly didn't understand from the start because you're not even fighting that point. That's what the argument was about.