Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: So now that sports and politics are all mixed together can someone

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt3467 View Post
    I've slowly been drifting away from sports for a few years now and it's because of the reason you mentioned. I don't want politics in my sports but sadly it's the way it is now. College used to be an outlet but even that's been infected by the pc crowd now.

Remember when MTV was music all day long and now it's dumb reality tv all day. I don't believe they even play music anymore. Sad but like CC said earlier times they are a changin'.
    Politics are in sports only because athletes have influence
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    I'm here, but I gotta admit: I'm pretty tapped on sport discussion topics without any sports going on.

- We can only guess so much about what a Mike Leach coached MSU team will look like - We've done that

- The thought of college football not being played is so depressive to me that I have absolutely no passion for discussing it.

- I'm done with politics & the virus discussion as well. We get told so many different things by so many people with agendas that I have trouble separating truth from reality. Others seems to be much more confident in their ability to do that*

- The country needs sports not only for local college town economies, but also so the country has an emotional outlet. I have no doubt that a least some portion of the political passion in the country right now is due to there being no sports for which people to be distracted by and to pour their emotions into. Thus they just pour their emotions into politics, which isn't healthy.

- I'll start sports threads once I have something to talk about & a non political bone to pick. As of now, I'm tapped out though. I can only make chicken salad out of chicken shit for so long.

- I don't get paid to post. It's not my job but it is a hobby. When I post, I typically post on something that I'm passionate about or I want to learn about. When there isn't any sports & I refuse to argue about politics, what am I supposed to post about?

This virus has literally done what so many on here have failed to do.... shut me up
    Best post you've ever made! I'm right exactly there with you! I can't take anymore of the covid/political warfare because everyone thinks they're right and it's just a huge circle going nowhere. Life without sports is depressing thank heavens my sons playing summer baseball and been working with him getting ready for baseball at Jones(hopefully they'll be playing in the spring).
    Last edited by Commercecomet24; 07-09-2020 at 09:03 PM.

vCash
    I've slowly been drifting away from sports for a few years now and it's because of the reason you mentioned. I don't want politics in my sports but sadly it's the way it is now. College used to be an outlet but even that's been infected by the pc crowd now.

Remember when MTV was music all day long and now it's dumb reality tv all day. I don't believe they even play music anymore. Sad but like CC said earlier times they are a changin'.
    Yeah I miss the days MTV(music television) was actually music television and sports were sports and not a platform for politics. Those were some good times and not that long ago.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastMan View Post
    There are no sports right now besides UFC. So how bout we just don't post anything except mixed martial arts threads? I'm kidding. Right now things aren't normal in any way so just pull your pants up and deal with it. This is a free message board that moderators moderate for free.
    You forgot that golf is still being played. Gotta admit though, it's even more boring without fans.

Also, NASCAR - but I enjoyed them driving simulated cars more than the physical ones.

- I don't get paid to post. It's not my job but it is a hobby. When I post, I typically post on something that I'm passionate about or I want to learn about. When there isn't any sports & I refuse to argue about politics, what am I supposed to post about?

This virus has literally done what so many on here have failed to do.... shut me up
    I'm sorry that you were laid off from Elitedawgs due to the virus! I know unemployment sucks, but I'm sure they'll rehire you as a content creator once sports start back! Hang in there!****

Banned
    vCash
    European soccer is cruising along just fine currently.

Nascar is doing well though the first driver tested positive so we'll see how that goes for Jimmie.

Golf is an option.

There's actually minor league baseball going right now. Honestly with their policy I'm debating going. Need that beer / dog day at the park vibe.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dantheman4248 View Post
    There's actually minor league baseball going right now. Honestly with their policy I'm debating going. Need that beer / dog day at the park vibe.
    Our minor league team cancelled their season.

vCash
    Sports isn’t political.. it’s one sided...

Drew Bresse is example A
    Mike Grundy example B

Gundy wears a ****ing T-shirt that 80% of people have no clue what it is and there is zero that is offensive about it.. cost him a million dollars and that Scarlett letter for the rest of his coaching career and basically life
    Gregg Pop all but says America sucks and does say the flag is irrelevant ... crickets and is praised for his courage

Drew says he doesn’t agree anyone should knell for the anthem .. might as well said I’m a nazi and clan member .. compared to
    Well Basically pick any other athlete or sports figure head Lebron, Kap, Shannon Sharon, Desean jackson, Stephen jackson, ect...
    It’s silly, it’s embarrassing, it’s ridiculous, it’s tired, and it’s killing sports..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post

Drew Bresse is example A
    Mike Grundy example B

Gundy wears a ****ing T-shirt that 80% of people have no clue what it is and there is zero that is offensive about it.. cost him a million dollars and that Scarlett letter for the rest of his coaching career and basically life
    Gregg Pop all but says America sucks and does say the flag is irrelevant ... crickets and is praised for his courage

Drew says he doesn’t agree anyone should knell for the anthem .. might as well said I’m a nazi and clan member .. compared to
    Well Basically pick any other athlete or sports figure head Lebron, Kap, Shannon Sharon, Desean jackson, Stephen jackson, ect...
    It’s silly, it’s embarrassing, it’s ridiculous, it’s tired, and it’s killing sports..
    +1 You Knocked it out of the park! I'm so sick of Professional Sports and National News Media!

vCash
    Sports isn?t political.. it?s one sided...

Drew Bresse is example A
    Mike Grundy example B

Drew says he doesn?t agree anyone should knell for the anthem .. might as well said I?m a nazi and clan member .. compared to
    It?s silly, it?s embarrassing, it?s ridiculous, it?s tired, and it?s killing sports..
    Great post. The best way I can describe how one sided politics are being pushed in sports is militant. I don't want to hear it anymore.

Banned
    vCash

Drew Bresse is example A
    Mike Grundy example B

Yes. One sided. And two more already jumped in to agree with you. So smart.

Gundy and Brees kept their jobs.

Kaepernick can't sign with a team.

Yes. One sided.

Get out of your echo chamber, sheesh.

All 3 of y'all praising a post that makes you FEEL good and isn't based in REALity. Bunch of snowflakes.

Banned
    vCash
    Great post. The best way I can describe how one sided politics are being pushed in sports is militant. I don't want to hear it anymore.
    Black people don't want to die from the cops anymore.

It's almost like this would stop if we would fix that and punish murderers instead of have dozens of police line up to protect a guy caught on video kneeing on a man's neck for 8 minutes.

vCash

It's almost like this would stop if we would fix that and punish murderers instead of have dozens of police line up to protect a guy caught on video kneeing on a man's neck for 8 minutes.
    There are 800,000 police officers in America. How in the hell are you going to prevent one bad cop from doing something stupid?

I'm all for fixing racism, but I haven't the slightest clue how you fix this

vCash

Why do people keep bringing the Floyd issue up? I have yet to see one single person, conservative or liberal or whatever you can possibly be say that anything about that situation was ok. Most have stated that it was disgusting and that he and the cops with him should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

There were hundreds of videos of police chiefs and sheriffs walking hand in hand with BLM peaceful protesters. You want to paint with a broad brush on one end while making other issues that lean liberal and that are bad simply just "one individual" and not the entire movement.

People looting and breaking in and hurting innocent people are just individuals that don't have the same view points as BLM but if we are talking about cops you tend to paint with a broad brush? Why?

vCash
    Yes. One sided. And two more already jumped in to agree with you. So smart.

Gundy and Brees kept their jobs.

Yes. One sided.

Get out of your echo chamber, sheesh.

All 3 of y'all praising a post that makes you FEEL good and isn't based in REALity. Bunch of snowflakes.
    Well damn, I do feel better, but u swung and missed badly saying or thinking I am a snowflake.

vCash
    1. I don't think he wants to play
    2. He's a bad QB
    3. Listen to this:

Kapernick is an absolutely terrible leader for any movement. I'm totally in favor of improving race relations in every way possible, but Kapernick does nothing but hurt the cause, not because he kneeled, but because he bad guy.

Banned
    vCash
    There are 800,000 police officers in America. How in the hell are you going to prevent one bad cop from doing something stupid?

I'm all for fixing racism, but I haven't the slightest clue how you fix this
    There is always a line of cops right there to protect that bad cop. One bad apple....... spoils the bunch. So how to do we prevent regular people from doing bad things? We punish them. There are laws for a reason. Cops are people. Why do they get higher leniency? Cops always get the benefit of the doubt even when "their cameras fall off." There's a lot of simple steps we as a society can take. But there's also an important step that the "good" cops can take. They can, ya know, be a good cop. Stand up against bad cops.

Instead we have almost 1000 videos since Derek Chauvin murdered George Floyd of police brutality. In almost every one of those cases the cops feel back in rank and file and were protected. So until those good cops condemn those bad cops, they are also bad cops. It's called guilt by association and aiding / abetting. You say there was one bad cop that day where George Floyd died, I say there was one evil murderer, two men already turned bad by the corrupt system they work in, and a fourth guy who tried to speak out but ultimately lost out to the corrupt system.

As for your comment about kaep, him not being a "good" quarterback simply isn't true. The dude was in a SB ffs. That's one of the fastest skill flame-outs ever. But besides that you missed the point. The point is Ari Bronze had a shit comment that wasn't true. I provided the obvious counter example.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    Well damn, I do feel better, but u swung and missed badly saying or thinking I am a snowflake.
    Snowflake

A hypersensitive, irrational person who can't stand to have their world views challenged, or be offended in any perceived or even slightest of ways; they will have any number of emotional reactions: impuning character and/or motives, blocking on social media, shouting, interrupting, threatening, assaulting, etc. They often live in an echo chamber of their own beliefs and surround themselves exclusively with people and opinions that agree with their own.

Hmmm

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BB30 View Post
    Why do people keep bringing the Floyd issue up? I have yet to see one single person, conservative or liberal or whatever you can possibly be say that anything about that situation was ok. Most have stated that it was disgusting and that he and the cops with him should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

There were hundreds of videos of police chiefs and sheriffs walking hand in hand with BLM peaceful protesters. You want to paint with a broad brush on one end while making other issues that lean liberal and that are bad simply just "one individual" and not the entire movement.

People looting and breaking in and hurting innocent people are just individuals that don't have the same view points as BLM but if we are talking about cops you tend to paint with a broad brush? Why?
    There are hundred of those photo ops you mentioned that were followed up hours later by beating the ever loving shit out of Americans with tear gas, riot gear, etc.

There is so much more than Floyd, but it is the PERFECT analogy for what the police system is.

1 bad cop. 1 enabler broken by the system. 2 younger cops speaking up for what's right and getting shot down multiple times. People like to believe we're inherently good; however, I'd wager 90% of us would do exactly what those 2 did.

The system is broken and needs to be fixed. It enables too easily for abuse of police power. The fact that the nation has had so much rioting and looting and Louisville won't even arrest the 3 cops who carried out an execution on Breonna Taylor on even the suspicion of murder is an indictment of just how bad it is.

I want to reiterate this point. Burning the country to the ground is not enough for us to say that breaking into a place in plain clothes without a warrant and shooting the people in the home is a punishable offense for police. They can literally bust into your house with no warning and no identification, murder you, and you go to jail for fighting back. We still haven't gotten any retribution for that.

So any cop that wants to call themselves good... go arrest those ****s and then we'll listen. Until they are locked up, it stands that all cops have the ability to kill with impunity. If you won't stand against that and actively fix that problem then you as a cop are the problem.

vCash
    Snowflake

A hypersensitive, irrational person who can't stand to have their world views challenged, or be offended in any perceived or even slightest of ways; they will have any number of emotional reactions: impuning character and/or motives, blocking on social media, shouting, interrupting, threatening, assaulting, etc. They often live in an echo chamber of their own beliefs and surround themselves exclusively with people and opinions that agree with their own.

Hmmm
    Funny how this describes you to the T.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    Funny how this describes you to the T.
    How am I the one in an echo chamber here? It literally can't describe me to a T on that alone. I'm literally arguing on a board with a majority of people whose biggest city they've been to is Jackson, NOLA or Mobile.

Beyond that I'm constantly coming back to a place where my views are challenged repeatedly. If I couldn't stand that why am I still here? Sure I attack character and motives of those lacking good character. I've only muted one user on here and that was more out of respect to the top mod here. Nowhere I've threatened / assaulted people.

So that loops us back to you believing in what you feel over what is real.