Thread: So has the cancel culture come to this board?

vCash

So has the cancel culture come to this board?

Why is a thread locked that repeats what an organization believes because it doesn't agree with a narrative being pushed by the mob?

Anyone got a reason?

Who is afraid of the truth? Who does not believe in freedom of speech?

vCash
    Because this isn't a politics board. Grow up.

vCash
    Because all this cra[ belongs on another board. Including the 2- page covan thread. The only non sports thread that should be allowed is Vegas Dogs weather thread. That has actually saved one of our members life.

Banned
    vCash
    It's scoob's and ED's freedom of speech to decide what they want the website to promote and which discussions they want to allow to foster with their name.

If you want to take away their right to moderate this board and choose what is relevant and not then YOU are the enemy of free speech.

(Why is it so hard for people to understand they live in a society where your rights end where another's begins. Simple concept that is just completely lost by the selfish.)

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    Because all this cra[ belongs on another board. Including the 2- page covan thread. The only non sports thread that should be allowed is Vegas Dogs weather thread. That has actually saved one of our members life.
    Covid thread was good for a while to guide all conversation about it there.

Nowadays it's a tough line because so much of sports is politicized. Our president can't stop giving his takes on sports issues. It's a blurry line when politics becomes one in the same with sports discussion. I don't envy the mods of this board in having to determine which discussions go over the line and which dont.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    Hail yeah on the weather threads!!!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    Weather geeks unite!

vCash
    Vegas has kept me out of trouble with his weather info! He's an invaluable resource! Thanks SVD!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dantheman4248 View Post
    Covid thread was good for a while to guide all conversation about it there.

Nowadays it's a tough line because so much of sports is politicized. Our president can't stop giving his takes on sports issues. It's a blurry line when politics becomes one in the same with sports discussion. I don't envy the mods of this board in having to determine which discussions go over the line and which dont.
    And you can’t respond to a ****ing thread without taking a dig at Trump. Take THAT shit to the political board also.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    Why is a thread locked that repeats what an organization believes because it doesn't agree with a narrative being pushed by the mob?

Anyone got a reason?

Who is afraid of the truth? Who does not believe in freedom of speech?

Hi, as noted. this board is not for in-depth politics mud slinging. As mentioned, Covid-19 was going to be the only one allowed... and I do keep a glancing eye on it trying to keep the mudslinging to a minimum...
    With so many political things being intermingled with sports right now or being a local topic.. some other things are allowed to..

but some mental midgets can't stay on topic..and drag it thru the mud.. and well I do try not to delete posts... so it gets locked instead... Take it to the other board.. you have free reign... hell i'm not even over there...

and I laugh so much at people who proclaim the tuth... maybe it was because how many ignorant bordeline racists supporters of the former ms flag i saw in the past couple of weeks...
    Take it elsewhere.. send me a PM if you have a question..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    It's been one of the better things I've enjoyed over the past few months on here... thankfully it hasn't been too active though..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobaDawg View Post
    Hi, as noted. this board is not for in-depth politics mud slinging. As mentioned, Covid-19 was going to be the only one allowed... and I do keep a glancing eye on it trying to keep the mudslinging to a minimum...
    With so many political things being intermingled with sports right now or being a local topic.. some other things are allowed to..

but some mental midgets can't stay on topic..and drag it thru the mud.. and well I do try not to delete posts... so it gets locked instead... Take it to the other board.. you have free reign... hell i'm not even over there...

and I laugh so much at people who proclaim the tuth... maybe it was because how many ignorant bordeline racists supporters of the former ms flag i saw in the past couple of weeks...
    Take it elsewhere.. send me a PM if you have a question..
    Thanks Scooba.

SipPolitics.com is a free for all. Say what you want. Not moderated.