Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Professional sports - COVID

vCash

Professional sports - COVID

Milwaukee Bucks shut down practice faculty after Friday's round of COVID testing. Won't join back together until flight on Thursday to fly to Orlando.

Braves have had at least 4 positive COVID tests, one of which is Freddie Freeman who is apparently having an extremely difficult time dealing with it according to his wife.

A number of MLB players and coaches are stating they are opting out and some basketball coaches are as well.

I know this is just one organization in both NBA and MLB, but this is not the last of it. If some major stars start testing positive and start opting out, I think this experiment is going to end.

I'll be very interested to hear what Freddie has to say if/when he recovers. He's young and in shape and he's apparently doing very poorly right now.

vCash
    With cases spiking up, I can't see sports happening. I'm not arguing that they shouldn't happen, but I just can't see it.

vCash
    It's interesting because in the EPL they aren't having that big of a problem with it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    With cases spiking up, I can't see sports happening. I'm not arguing that they shouldn't happen, but I just can't see it.
    I honestly don't think you will see a " full"season of mlb Or the nba. With that said, so are they never going to play?? Be ok w it once there is a vaccine?? Or maybe Covid just vanishes into air.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    I honestly don't think you will see a " full"season of mlb Or the nba. With that said, so are they never going to play?? Be ok w it once there is a vaccine?? Or maybe Covid just vanishes into air.....
    They'll be OK after November when the media says so.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Like Todd said, a lot of this goes away after the election. Idk the answers though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Yeah.....

vCash
    Freddie much better today

vCash
    I read freeman was sick two days and is much better now.

vCash
    If you like positivity, July 4 was the lowest number of covid deaths since March 23. Not a peep about that stat on the national media shows today. That's why people don't trust the media.

Yea numbers are lower on the weekend and higher Tuesday-Thursday. But we just finished the 10th straight week of declining deaths on a rolling 7 day average. The cdc is contemplating removing epidemic status from covid because it accounts for less than 6% of all deaths in the country.

vCash
    That's probably an accurate time frame

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Freddie much better today
    Yeah saw an interview with snit and he said Freddie was doing much better said the first 2 days he felt like he had been hit by a truck but much better now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    If you like positivity, July 4 was the lowest number of covid deaths since March 23. Not a peep about that stat on the national media shows today. That's why people don't trust the media.

Yea numbers are lower on the weekend and higher Tuesday-Thursday. But we just finished the 10th straight week of declining deaths on a rolling 7 day average. The cdc is contemplating removing epidemic status from covid because it accounts for less than 6% of all deaths in the country.
    Gotta chance to have even less deaths today than yesterday

vCash
    Saw this on Facebook...

ETA... and I'm not saying I believe this, but I did think it was a neat observation.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Saw this on Facebook...

ETA... and I'm not saying I believe this, but I did think it was a neat observation.
    This. Is. Solid. Good. Thanks for sharing.

vCash
    I thought the virus went away as temperatures increased??? Isn't that what we were told in March???

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutter Cobreh View Post
    I thought the virus went away as temperatures increased??? Isn't that what we were told in March???
    It's like Peter Pan; if you believe it, you'll keep clapping**

vCash
    I thought the whole point was to flatten the curve too. That's what I was told in March as well. Now it's stay inside and wear and mask until this goes away. Unless you want to protest something the media likes. The difference is one was a guess. The other is moving the goal posts.

vCash
    I thought the whole point was to flatten the curve too. That's what I was told in March as well. Now it's stay inside and wear and mask until this goes away. Unless you want to protest something the media likes. The difference is one was a guess. The other is moving the goal posts.
    Well, the President has promised a vaccine before the end of the year...

vCash
    Well, the President has promised a vaccine before the end of the year...
    In December after the election? Sounds about right.