Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Looks like the Cleveland Indians are out too

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    In fairness to Lonnie he was probably using cocaine.
    Hahaha! I know that's right! Lonnies eyes were always bulging out!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Jenkins View Post
    LGBT-LMNOP will be after the Packers before long.
    There's not enough rep in the world to give you for this one! Well played!

Banned
    vCash
    This literally has nothing to do with anyone's sexuality and using a bigoted name like that shows you just came in here to spread homophobia. Do better.

Don't worry CC, I evened out the rep.

vCash
    LOL ... good one. This deserves some rep.

If they come after the Packers that should be another "line drawing" moment ****

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg View Post
    I don't get this. You give a team a band you are proud of and denotes strength and power. It's why you never see a team with the name wet farts.
    Redskins I can understand. It's had nothing but a negative connotation from all quarters - remember the old westerns?

But there's nothing wrong with Indians, Seminoles, Braves, etc. As you say, the always denote strength and power.

vCash
    well executed, my friend...

+1
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dantheman4248 View Post
    This literally has nothing to do with anyone's sexuality and using a bigoted name like that shows you just came in here to spread homophobia. Do better.

Don't worry CC, I evened out the rep.
    Dude, he was crackin' a joke... and it was well played.

Lighten up.

No.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TUSK View Post
    Dude, he was crackin' a joke... and it was well played.

Lighten up.
    If he said "BLMNOP will be after the Packers before long" he'd at least have a relevant albeit tasteless joke. Also at least flows better off the tongue.

As it stands it's only funny because people wanted to take shots at a group of Americans asking for freedom in the bedroom and to keep the government out of what you can do in bed. Ya know, equal rights. They aren't even involved anywhere in this thread.

Sorry if pointing out how that punching down out of nowhere is problematic. Actually no I'm not. I hope anyone who laughed goes and shows that joke to your "one of the good ones" gay friend. See what they think.

Classes, offtopic, and punching down. 3 signs of a bad joke.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    Redskins I can understand. It's had nothing but a negative connotation from all quarters - remember the old westerns?

But there's nothing wrong with Indians, Seminoles, Braves, etc. As you say, the always denote strength and power.
    Indians wasn't even the name they had chosen for themselves. It was an incorrect name given by a genocidal villain that had no idea where on Earth he was.

vCash
    If he said "BLMNOP will be after the Packers before long" he'd at least have a relevant albeit tasteless joke. Also at least flows better off the tongue.

As it stands it's only funny because people wanted to take shots at a group of Americans asking for freedom in the bedroom and to keep the government out of what you can do in bed. Ya know, equal rights. They aren't even involved anywhere in this thread.

Sorry if pointing out how that punching down out of nowhere is problematic. Actually no I'm not. I hope anyone who laughed goes and shows that joke to your "one of the good ones" gay friend. See what they think.

Classes, offtopic, and punching down. 3 signs of a bad joke.
    So esplain sometings to me. Who is telling anyone what they can do in the bedroom? Not sure if I know anyone who is doing that from a legislative standpoint. If folks that have religious beliefs are against it ... that's up to them. Nobody is trying to take their "freedom" in the bedroom away.

I think quite a lot, if not most, on here don't give a crap until bathrooms are shared and former men get to participate in women's sports.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post
    So esplain sometings to me. Who is telling anyone what they can do in the bedroom? Not sure if I know anyone who is doing that from a legislative standpoint. If folks that have religious beliefs are against it ... that's up to them. Nobody is trying to take their "freedom" in the bedroom away.

I think quite a lot, if not most, on here don't give a crap until bathrooms are shared and former men get to participate in women's sports.
    Then why bring it up in such a derogatory manner when it has nothing to do with the topic. And why would so many celebrate it. You yourself say you don't give a crap until bathrooms / women sports are brought up. Neither were brought up in here. So why did you give a crap enough to congratulate a shitty joke AND go out of your way to give it rep? I call bullshit on you not giving a crap.

vCash
    Then why bring it up in such a derogatory manner when it has nothing to do with the topic. And why would so many celebrate it. You yourself say you don't give a crap until bathrooms / women sports are brought up. Neither were brought up in here. So why did you give a crap enough to congratulate a shitty joke AND go out of your way to give it rep? I call bullshit on you not giving a crap.
    Thought it was funny.

vCash
    Indians wasn't even the name they had chosen for themselves. It was an incorrect name given by a genocidal villain that had no idea where on Earth he was.
    Columbus didn't have GPS.

How about explaining the current disdain for Christopher Columbus?

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    Columbus didn't have GPS.

How about explaining the current disdain for Christopher Columbus?
    Idk maybe it was spearheading the transatlantic slave trade, introducing smallpox and a wave of other illnesses to natives, or just the genocidal impunity that he treated natives with.

Flip it around, what can you honestly say he's worth celebrating for? He wasn't even the first white person to "discover" the America's. He's just the guy who slapped his name on claiming it.

vCash
    Idk maybe it was spearheading the transatlantic slave trade, introducing smallpox and a wave of other illnesses to natives, or just the genocidal impunity that he treated natives with.

Flip it around, what can you honestly say he's worth celebrating for? He wasn't even the first white person to "discover" the America's. He's just the guy who slapped his name on claiming it.
    Dan, you're wound pretty tight, buddy... I thought all you people smoked weed...

Oh, that was a joke, too...*******

No.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TUSK View Post
    Dan, you're wound pretty tight, buddy... I thought all you people smoked weed...

Oh, that was a joke, too...*******
    It's not wound tight to think that off-topic punchdowns aren't good comedy. Nor is it wound tight to simply speak the truth of what Columbus did.

Sorry that you're wound tight and doubling down on stereotype punching down humor as funny. It's funny how that is your response when told that something you're doing isn't cool. Not well-played at all.

You probably find "Pro-choice baby killers will be after the Crimson Tide before long" funny as well. Completely missing that the joke attempts to undermine and delegitimize a movement by a snarky renaming coupled with a trash tier genitalia joke. And all while the topic had nothing to do with it.

It's a message board, you have time to think before you post. So try that. Maybe that will break your knee-jerk reaction of laughing at the plight of those less fortunate than you.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post
    Thought it was funny.
    Everybody thought it was funny except one dumbass Social Justice Warrior

vCash
    It's not wound tight to think that off-topic punchdowns aren't good comedy. Nor is it wound tight to simply speak the truth of what Columbus did.

Sorry that you're wound tight and doubling down on stereotype punching down humor as funny. It's funny how that is your response when told that something you're doing isn't cool. Not well-played at all.

You probably find "Pro-choice baby killers will be after the Crimson Tide before long" funny as well. Completely missing that the joke attempts to undermine and delegitimize a movement by a snarky renaming coupled with a trash tier genitalia joke. And all while the topic had nothing to do with it.

It's a message board, you have time to think before you post. So try that. Maybe that will break your knee-jerk reaction of laughing at the plight of those less fortunate than you.
    Dude, there are a pile of comics that make a living punching down and a damn good living at that. And I still don't agree that that is punching down. People make fun of white straight people all the time. Is that punching down.

Punching down would be making fun of Autism or something like that.

By definition your being prejudice for pointing out that it is "punching down". You are saying that there is a clear difference in LGBTQ people and Straight people and that LGBTQ people are lower on the totem pole. Do you think they would like you defining them in that manner?

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BB30 View Post
    Dude, there are a pile of comics that make a living punching down and a damn good living at that. And I still don't agree that that is punching down. People make fun of white straight people all the time. Is that punching down.

Punching down would be making fun of Autism or something like that.

By definition your being prejudice for pointing out that it is "punching down". You are saying that there is a clear difference in LGBTQ people and Straight people and that LGBTQ people are lower on the totem pole. Do you think they would like you defining them in that manner?
    I know you worked hard for this gotcha moment, really REALLY hard. But you're not even close. There is still groups within LGBTQ+ that don't have equal rights and ability to live freely. I mean ffs the president last week proposed a rule to allow federally funded homeless shelters to turn away trans / non-gender conforming people. Like what the hell. It was this year that SCOTUS just finally decided you can't discriminate on sexuality and the ilk. Clearly society treats them as lesser.

White straight males are "the man". You attack them, you are punching up. That's just how society is layered. The only comic that I can even think of that nationally gets away with punching down is Dave Chappelle towards "the Ts."

vCash
    What about the Florida State Seminoles, Atlanta Braves, and the KC Chiefs? I suppose name changes are coming for them as well? I mean certainly they aren't gonna end it at the Cleveland Indians and Washington Redskins..right?
    Last edited by Bothrops; 07-06-2020 at 03:53 PM.