Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Looks like the Cleveland Indians are out too

vCash

Looks like the Cleveland Indians are out too

[tweet]1279209544405712896[/tweet]

This is quite surprising to me, but the free market tends to win out in the end.

vCash
    I don't get this. You give a team a band you are proud of and denotes strength and power. It's why you never see a team with the name wet farts.

vCash
    彼らはクソだ

vCash
    Is it really the free market though pushing for the change? I'm not saying it's right or wrong, I think they're just trying to get ahead of the mob.

They pull Major League from streaming services and I'm rioting.

vCash
    And here's one where if the change to something it could be "Tribe" - that would fit

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg View Post
    I don't get this. You give a team a band you are proud of and denotes strength and power. It's why you never see a team with the name wet farts.
    You forget the Land Sharts

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg View Post
    Gonna have to have teams named after numbers before this is all over so we don't offend anyone. The Atlanta 24s sounds good to me*****

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Gonna have to have teams named after numbers before this is all over so we don't offend anyone. The Atlanta 24s sounds good to me*****
    Can we get the Old Miss 17's?

vCash
    They're shitty anyway.**

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Irondawg View Post
    Is it really the free market though pushing for the change? I'm not saying it's right or wrong, I think they're just trying to get ahead of the mob.

"The mob" is just the free market though. If enough people decided that they were offended by the name Walmart, to the point where it was affecting profits and stock price, Walmart would change its name.

If the Indians change their name, they're following the money. I find it very far-fetched that they would make the wrong financial situation here - there's too much money at stake, and it's not like MLB executives are known to be a bunch of emotional bleeding hearts.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobile Bay View Post
    Can we get the Old Miss 17's?
    It fits them to a tee!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    They're shitty anyway.**
    Great movie reference Todd! Rep given!

vCash
    Well they can rename themselves the Cuyahoga Fire Marshals.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Great movie reference Todd! Rep given!
    Major League is my favorite baseball movie of all time! And from my very brief time around a MLB clubhouse one of the more fairly accurate. The Vuckovich brothers who played in MLB for awhile were in the movie as "bad guys" for the Yankees.

vCash
    They're shitty anyway.**
    **** you Jobu**

vCash
    Major League is my favorite baseball movie of all time! And from my very brief time around a MLB clubhouse one of the more fairly accurate. The Vuckovich brothers who played in MLB for awhile were in the movie as "bad guys" for the Yankees.
    I love it too! Field of dreams is my number but major league is a close second.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    **** you Jobu**
    Hey bartender Jobu needs a refill!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    "The mob" is just the free market though. If enough people decided that they were offended by the name Walmart, to the point where it was affecting profits and stock price, Walmart would change its name.

If the Indians change their name, they're following the money. I find it very far-fetched that they would make the wrong financial situation here - there's too much money at stake, and it's not like MLB executives are known to be a bunch of emotional bleeding hearts.
    I don’t think you can say that for sure though. To say it’s the free market you’d see actual customer shifts, etc. And you can’t measure that right now. Now I’m sure some advertising people might be making threats but there is a ton of virtue signaling right now and it remains to be seen if people would really pull the plug on stuff.

They all probably hate Jeff Bezos but I bet 98% of the protesters buy stuff on Amazon

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Irondawg View Post

I'm with you on this **

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    [tweet]1279209544405712896[/tweet]

This is quite surprising to me, but the free market tends to win out in the end.
    The free market?? Wtf. Hahaha. Typical liberal comment and total bullshit in this case for sure.